Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Madden 25 Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57252)

nobodyinparticular 08-25-2013 02:19 AM

Madden 25 Thread

This game is going to be released August 27th. Who has a pre-order for the game? What have you heard about the game? Is it worth getting with the next generation of consoles coming out soon? What are you most excited about? What are you most frustrated with?

Come in this thread to gripe about rankings for your favorite players.

(Ratings found here)

Personally, I haven't purchased a Madden game since 2011. Once I graduated high school, I started to skip about 3 or 4 years before buying a new one. I'm still not sure if I am going to drop $60 on this one.

SuperPacker 08-25-2013 06:39 AM

I bought the last one, but I really didn't like the changes they made. I'm probably not gonna get it, unless they've made significant changes?

hockey619 08-25-2013 08:41 AM

never bought madden. ive played a few different ones and i found them all wholly unsatisfying. very poor gameplay seems to be the hallmark imo

The_Dude 08-25-2013 09:07 AM

I haven't bought a new madden in the last 3 years, but i got a bug in my butt to buy this one. I pre-ordered through amazon. I have no idea what changes have taken place, but i guess it doesn't really matter. I am tired of playing with 2010 rosters.... when i evn get an hour to sit down & play an actual game.

nobodyinparticular 08-25-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3431687)
I bought the last one, but I really didn't like the changes they made. I'm probably not gonna get it, unless they've made significant changes?

What I've read is that this game is similar to last year's with just minor tweaks to smooth out the bigger changes they made last year.

nobodyinparticular 08-25-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 3431709)
I haven't bought a new madden in the last 3 years, but i got a bug in my butt to buy this one. I pre-ordered through amazon. I have no idea what changes have taken place, but i guess it doesn't really matter. I am tired of playing with 2010 rosters.... when i evn get an hour to sit down & play an actual game.

Yeah, I'm kind of where you are too. And the Madden 11 servers are officially offline now so it's that much more boring.

Splat 08-25-2013 05:45 PM

I'm probably going to end up getting it down the road but I'm not paying $60.

smittyjs 08-25-2013 05:57 PM

Plays a lot smoother this last years version from the demo I played, probably will get it in a week or two

FuzzyGopher 08-25-2013 06:03 PM

I only got it so I could get NFL Sunday Ticket for $40. I'll probably only play a few games, they haven't made any improvements to the game play in a long time.

SolidGold 08-25-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher (Post 3431912)
I only got it so I could get NFL Sunday Ticket for $40. I'll probably only play a few games, they haven't made any improvements to the game play in a long time.

This is why i am getting it -the amazon deal for NFL sunday ticket. I may get one season in franchise mode out of it but its lost its luster.

nobodyinparticular 08-25-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher (Post 3431912)

WHOA! That's a pretty sweet deal. Too bad I'm saving money and got rid of cable altogether.

yo123 08-25-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3431926)
WHOA! That's a pretty sweet deal. Too bad I'm saving money and got rid of cable altogether.

Pretty sure you get the online version of Sunday Ticket though.

nobodyinparticular 08-25-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 3431927)
Pretty sure you get the online version of Sunday Ticket though.

Does that work with PS3?

Splat 08-25-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3431932)
Does that work with PS3?

It did but not any more.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...s3_this_ year

Quote:

NFL Sunday Ticket will not be making a return to the PlayStation 3 this year. Speaking with IGN, a Sony representative confirmed that the football streaming service will be sitting on the sidelines this season.

yo123 08-25-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3431932)
Does that work with PS3?

Nah, just computer, tablet, or phone I think. Could be wrong though.

nobodyinparticular 08-25-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3431935)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 3431937)
Nah, just computer, tablet, or phone I think. Could be wrong though.

Well... I guess I can live with that. I can easily do a VGA connection to my TV.

The Alex 08-26-2013 01:45 AM

NFL 2K5 is nearly ten years old and the gameplay still trounces the yearly edition of Madden. Yeah, let's get this argument started.

nepg 08-26-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alex (Post 3432155)
NFL 2K5 is nearly ten years old and the gameplay still trounces the yearly edition of Madden. Yeah, let's get this argument started.

I'm still pissed I lost my copy of Front Page Sports Football 98.

nobodyinparticular 08-26-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alex (Post 3432155)

And this is why EA signed exclusive rights with the NFL. We are all very aware of that and very pissed.

The Alex 08-26-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3432160)
And this is why EA signed exclusive rights with the NFL. We are all very aware of that and very pissed.

And I will never support that decision by buying Madden and hoping for the best. **** 'em.

niel89 08-26-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3431935)

And now my PS3 is completely useless. NFL was the only thing I used it for the past 3 years. The drive broke on it and I stopped caring. Time to get a PC set up in my living room.

nobodyinparticular 08-26-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 3432163)
And now my PS3 is completely useless. NFL was the only thing I used it for the past 3 years. The drive broke on it and I stopped caring. Time to get a PC set up in my living room.

Netflix? Amazon streaming?

thule 08-26-2013 11:26 AM

I have been playing the beta for about 4 days. Playing 1v1 games on all-madden with my friends. The passing game is even better this year then it was last year. It's all about precision passing and timing. You throw late against a good CB..you're gonna have problems. The things they cleaned up was where precision put the ball. Precision up on a post route...and your WR is going to break away from the route and get up field for the pass. Run a curl and push down...no more terrible CB picks...that ball is going to be thrown at your WR's feet...

So far I've noticed Curls against soft coverage are money. Any time you can get a corner not shading inside...makes the In almost impossible to cover. Really like what they did with the WR's and CBs. Had some awesome interceptions...where the DB recognized the route and ran it before the WR was even out of his cut. Normally CBs didn't have this ability...now they have ability to think on the fly...haven't been able to complain too much about this.

Running game is completely changed. Still not good with using the precision modifier (left trigger). But it gets easier each game. Not using it pretty much means your are going to go down on first contact...and if you don't protect yourself...you are going to get injured or cough up the football. From a realism standpoint they are really getting there this year. I think the blocking is better this year...the running game is all about left trigger tho. Learn to use this and you'll be able to run the ball at will this year.

Also the biggest difference this year as far as playbook goes is that the option is a key part. They did a decent job on the functionality of this. Still not as good as NCAA...but a huge step forward. Another wrinkle they added. Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow and my sunday ticket code. Gonna be a great day.

nobodyinparticular 08-26-2013 12:08 PM

You make a compelling argument. Sounds like the gameplay engine is hardly recognizable for someone who last played Madden 25.

Forenci 08-26-2013 12:35 PM

Not going to bother, personally. Sounds like a carbon copy of the previous year with some minor game play enhancements.