Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   I Just Wanted to Say: Teddy Bridgewater.... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57285)

Black Bolt 09-01-2013 03:23 PM

I Just Wanted to Say: Teddy Bridgewater....
 
= Drew Brees. Natural passer with natural footwork, can launch from various angles, extends plays, beliefs in his abilities, positively impacts each and every game. Thank you.

Brothgar 09-01-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3436016)
= Drew Brees. Natural passer with natural footwork, can launch from various angles, extends plays, beliefs in his abilities, positively impacts each and every game. Thank you.

Why is everyone Drew Brees? Russel wilson = Drew Brees. Matt Barkley = Next Drew Brees
Kellen Moore = Drew Brees lets also not forget Alex ******* Smith

teddy bridgewater is a great talent and should be the first QB taken this year but I think people need to lay off searching for the new drew brees.

SenorGato 09-01-2013 04:01 PM

Am I being a hipster when saying that I like Brett Hundley just as much right now?

Brothgar 09-01-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 3436031)
Am I being a hipster when saying that I like Brett Hundley just as much right now?


I've seen others really high on him. I'm not ready to make that leap yet.

Caulibflower 09-01-2013 05:00 PM

You know who Bridgewater really reminds me of?

A more polished version of Ryan Tannehill.

descendency 09-01-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3436066)
You know who Bridgewater really reminds me of?

A more polished version of Ryan Tannehill.

You mean Aaron Rodgers?

Caulibflower 09-01-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3436068)
You mean Aaron Rodgers?

I'm really excited to see Tannehill in year 2, so yeah, sure.

Black Bolt 09-02-2013 08:49 AM

I never said any of those things, so I don't know.

Nameless Ghoul 09-02-2013 06:16 PM

Not much to dislike about Bridgewater right now. Its still early but he'll most likely me an elite prospect and teams will be drooling to draft this kid.

underscore 09-02-2013 08:11 PM

Bridgewater has one of the easiest schedules in the nation, too.

jrdrylie 09-02-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3436068)
You mean Aaron Rodgers?

The touchdown he threw which was a back shoulder throw to the front corner of the end zone was the exact pass Rodgers throws. As a prospect, I think he is probably better. Slightly better arm, athleticism, and size. I don't see any way he isn't the number 1 pick.

shylo3716 09-02-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 3436673)
Bridgewater has one of the easiest schedules in the nation, too.

All that means is we should expect to see him in the Nat'l title game.

niel89 09-02-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 3436673)
Bridgewater has one of the easiest schedules in the nation, too.

He should be all lined up to compete for the #1 pick if Clowney has any real slip ups. Teddy is on the right track to be considered a really great prospect.

jrdrylie 09-02-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 3436784)
All that means is we should expect to see him in the Nat'l title game.

He's losing October 18th.

norcalgsr 09-03-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3436016)
= Drew Brees. Natural passer with natural footwork, can launch from various angles, extends plays, beliefs in his abilities, positively impacts each and every game. Thank you.

Bridgewater can throw on the run and outside the pocket.

Brees doesn't really do those things.

AntoinCD 09-03-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 3436784)
All that means is we should expect to see him in the Nat'l title game.

Eh, I'm not sure. I think Ohio State runs the table and a 1 loss SEC team probably gets in before Louisville.

As for Bridgewater, what he did this weekend was great but it hasn't changed what he is. People get blown away by QBs who look good at this level (Geno Smith last year for example). Bridgewater still has some flaws (small ones) that I would like to see improved on, but in saying that he is head and shoulders above any QB last year and pretty close to that RG3 level of prospect.

I'm not going to let one game distort my evaluation of Clowney as he is still my top prospect, however the value of the QB may trump that and Bridgewater right now looks a deserving first overall pick

SunTzu_22 09-03-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalgsr (Post 3436857)
Bridgewater can throw on the run and outside the pocket.

Brees doesn't really do those things.

That first TD against Ohio was sooooo pretty.
I am slowly but surely developing a solid prospect crush on Teddy B.

Giantsfan1080 09-03-2013 07:57 AM

Ive been saying this for a while now but he actually reminds of a slightly worse version of Andrew Luck. They both have very similar games and underrated athleticism.

Black Bolt 09-03-2013 08:27 PM

Yes he does. What Drew Brees are you talking about? Teddy just has better wheels.

niel89 09-03-2013 09:26 PM

Can anyone give insight about the offense Teddy plays in? Some previous QBs who played in it?

Caulibflower 09-03-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3436881)
Ive been saying this for a while now but he actually reminds of a slightly worse version of Andrew Luck. They both have very similar games and underrated athleticism.

I don't know if it's fair to say he's worse, exactly, it's more than Andrew Luck could pass for a linebacker in a group of players if you didn't know who he was.

Giantsfan1080 09-03-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3437352)
I don't know if it's fair to say he's worse, exactly, it's more than Andrew Luck could pass for a linebacker in a group of players if you didn't know who he was.

I've been pimping Bridgewater since he was a FR so it's not like I'm trying to demean him. As a pro prospect I don't think he's Luck but to me they compare very well. Not quite the same level but very very close. No negatives putting it that way!

Hawk 09-03-2013 10:27 PM


SenorGato 09-03-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brothgar (Post 3436056)
I've seen others really high on him. I'm not ready to make that leap yet.

Definitely agree it's too early to be all in, but he's got ample physical ability.

Leon Sandcastle 09-07-2013 06:13 PM

Think he'll pass Clowney as the #1 overall pick this April. Elite prospect who's not far off from Andrew Luck coming out imo.

Yeah I said it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.