Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Scott: Where's the 2014 Mock Draft? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57318)

RaiderNation 09-03-2013 12:18 PM

Scott: Where's the 2014 Mock Draft?

It's usually posted before the regular season starts, any updates on when it will be posted and the prospect rankings will be added too?

jrdrylie 09-03-2013 01:03 PM

A week ago on Twitter he said a couple of weeks. So hopefully after week one.

bulldog0123 09-03-2013 01:29 PM

Is he still going to do his Dream Draft this year? I've been anxiously awaiting it.

Halsey 09-03-2013 01:50 PM

Scott's been too busy working on his new Prancercising fansite to pay attention to football.

MassNole 09-03-2013 01:55 PM

Hopefully some love for Pitt WR Devin Street, kid definitely can make a name for himself at the next level. Best Pitt WR since Larry Fitzgerald.

D-Unit 09-03-2013 02:12 PM

It's coming soon. ...and so will the new DC Wallpaper! woot woot! :party:

Scott Wright 09-03-2013 11:00 PM

It's coming! I'm shooting for Monday, September 16 for the re-launch.

However, it may end up being a couple days later because my Grandma just passed away and I had to spend time making funeral arrangements and then of course the service is still to come.

As for a progress report, I have the player pages with headshots, vital information, career stats, etc. completed for every position but cornerback. There are going to be FAR more prospects in the initial rankings this year than ever before! Then I will begin doing the rankings and rankings pages, mock draft, etc. Plus the 2013 Dream Draft and a new Jadeveon Clowney wallpaper by the one and only D-Unit will be included with the re-launch too!

The podcast with Shane and I will return right after the re-launch as well.

Thanks for the patience, this is going to be a fun crop of prospects to dissect!

shylo3716 09-09-2013 09:52 PM

My guess is after Week 2

mightytitan9 09-10-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3437371)

However, it may end up being a couple days later because my Grandma just passed away and I had to spend time making funeral arrangements and then of course the service is still to come.

Sorry for your loss, Scott.

Raiderz4Life 09-10-2013 12:19 AM

My condolences scott.

SuperPacker 09-10-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog0123 (Post 3437020)
Is he still going to do his Dream Draft this year? I've been anxiously awaiting it.

Kind of defeats the purpose if it's done 2 weeks into the regular season.

bulldog0123 09-10-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3443487)

Yeah, usually it's not done during the regular season. Maybe he already had it written up.

D-Unit 09-10-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3443487)

meh. Long term thoughts on a player don't change based off a few weeks into their rookie season.

jayceheathman 09-10-2013 10:26 PM

Clowney doesn't deserve to be on the front page after how he has played so far.

Scott Wright 09-10-2013 10:49 PM

Status Update:

I recently finished making all of the positional rankings pages, which actually takes a little longer than you would think to type up all of the information (name, school, height, weight, forty). I am currently in the process of putting all the prospects in a rough order for my initial rankings. The offense and special teams are done and I will be working on the defense, sleepers, overrated / underrated and a Top 100 overall on Wednesday and Thursday. Then the next big project will be the mock draft, although this time of year I basically spend all Saturday and Sunday actually watching the games. I also have my Grandma's funeral on Sunday. So I'll map out the mock draft on Friday, do some formatting for those pages when I have time over the weekend and then finish the mock next week. Then there will just be a couple days of odds and ends (formatting the main page and main rankings page, the wallpaper page, banner image, etc.).

Can't wait to make everything that I've been working on for a month and a half live!

I am shooting to re-launch with all new 2014 NFL Draft content on Friday, September 20th.

phlysac 09-11-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3437041)
Hopefully some love for Pitt WR Devin Street, kid definitely can make a name for himself at the next level. Best Pitt WR since Larry Fitzgerald.

Yet he might end up being the 2nd best WR on the team behind Tyler Boyd.

SuperPacker 09-11-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3443895)
meh. Long term thoughts on a player don't change based off a few weeks into their rookie season.

Not massively, but if say, Scott loved Johnathan Franklin in the 4th round, he isn't going to pick him now that all the training camp reports have been talking about how poor he's looked. If he loved Aaron Dobson in the second round, he's not gonna pick him for his dream draft after he got beat out by an UDFA. Scouting is a projection, it doesn't compare to how these guys actually look in the NFL. This is how UDFA's can beat out 2nd round picks.

Scott Wright 09-11-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3444071)
Not massively, but if say, Scott loved Johnathan Franklin in the 4th round, he isn't going to pick him now that all the training camp reports have been talking about how poor he's looked. If he loved Aaron Dobson in the second round, he's not gonna pick him for his dream draft after he got beat out by an UDFA. Scouting is a projection, it doesn't compare to how these guys actually look in the NFL. This is how UDFA's can beat out 2nd round picks.

I've had my 2013 Dream Draft mapped out since early in the summer.

Everyone on there is someone I've been a fan of and spoken highly of throughout the process. I guess there is one exception like Billy Winn a year ago where I didn't like a prospect in the early rounds but couldn't resist taking a flyer on when he unexpectedly fell to the late rounds.

D-Unit 09-11-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3444071)
Not massively...

Yup pretty much.

apb540 09-12-2013 01:58 PM

Good to hear the relaunch will be happening soon. I've been checking the site every day for like a month hoping it was up lol. Sorry to hear about your loss Scott; as we all know, family above all.

Scott Wright 09-19-2013 06:38 PM

Just wanted to give an update.

I have another day of writing and formatting to do on the mock draft then some odds and ends like the front page, etc. The re-launch is going to be on Monday, September 23rd. I was going to do it over the weekend but was told to wait until Monday to maximize exposure. Apparently more people are on the internet during the week while they are at work. :o)

Anyway, we're in the stretch run. Thanks so much for everyone's patience.

Halsey 09-19-2013 07:46 PM

I miss the podcast. :(

SolidGold 09-19-2013 09:10 PM

Great news !!!!

Scott Wright 09-19-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3450975)
I miss the podcast. :(

The first podcast will be next week too on Tuesday (9/24).

I may even be more excited for it than Halsey!

shylo3716 09-23-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3450905)
Just wanted to give an update.

I have another day of writing and formatting to do on the mock draft then some odds and ends like the front page, etc. The re-launch is going to be on Monday, September 23rd. I was going to do it over the weekend but was told to wait until Monday to maximize exposure. Apparently more people are on the internet during the week while they are at work. :o)

Anyway, we're in the stretch run. Thanks so much for everyone's patience.

Around what time can we expect the re-launch?