Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Young Gunz IV (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57339)

J-Mike88 09-06-2013 08:38 PM

Young Gunz IV
 
We had a great run about 3, 4 years ago with the old Young Gunz thread..... funny how that weeded itself out over time.

There are a few ways to look at this one.
All 4 have already had some playoff success as well as big time moments themselves.

We could ask which guy will have the best career, or win the most playoff games, or which guy would you choose if starting a team. That's more subjective though.

So as it stands now, if you had to put your $ down on which guy will have the best career, who do you bet on?

Factor this: Marino or Elway?
Many say Marino was better and had the better career, but everyone would trade those yards and TD passes edge for 2 Super Bowls. Both were great QBs from the same draft class, but Elway won 2 rings. He wins.

Which of these 4 guys will have the best career if you value Super Bowls>Playoffs>Regular Season Stats




BallerT1215 09-06-2013 08:41 PM

Andrew Luck. Not even a second thought for me.

The Alex 09-06-2013 08:46 PM

Luck without question.

nepg 09-06-2013 08:51 PM

RG3 is going to end up like Randall Cunningham.


BallerT1215 09-06-2013 08:54 PM

I would add that Wilson would be my #2. I was impressed with him at NC State and I knew he would grab the nation's attention at Wisconsin. Definitely not surprised by his rookie success.

Caulibflower 09-06-2013 09:20 PM

I think Wilson and Luck are going to age the best. I can't fault anyone with voting for Luck, but I don't feel like a homer voting for Russell Wilson, either. Watching him every week last year was like watching a padawan become a jedi.

niel89 09-06-2013 09:47 PM

Give me Luck without a second thought. He has everything you could want physically and mentally. His numbers weren't that great last year because of the fit off the offense and he had to carry his team, but he still found ways to win.

J-Mike88 09-06-2013 09:48 PM

I sided with Jaws on this one, although the main reason I chose CK is that I think the Niners are loaded and setup for a solid next 6 seasons or so.... and the past 2 years they've been as good as anyone in the NFL.... they aren't old, and they have the best strength & conditioning program in sports.


BallerT1215 09-06-2013 09:50 PM

Cam should probably be on this poll as well.

J-Mike88 09-06-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3439474)
Cam should probably be on this poll as well.

Thought about it.
But couldn't justify it and couldn't imagine anyone taking Newton over all 4 of those guys.

jrdrylie 09-06-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3439503)
Thought about it.
But couldn't justify it and couldn't imagine anyone taking Newton over all 4 of those guys.

I'm not really a Newton fan and I'd take him over RGIII in a second. I have no faith in him staying healthy.

DoughBoy 09-07-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3439503)
Thought about it.
But couldn't justify it and couldn't imagine anyone taking Newton over all 4 of those guys.

Why not? Cam Newton's rookie season was just as impressive, if not more so, than all of those guys. I'd also be willing to wager that all four of them will fall back to earth just like Cam did... are they good? yes. Are there unrealistic expectations on all of their shoulders? probably. The sophomore slump for QBs is the realest thing in football.

yo123 09-07-2013 01:34 AM

Cam definitely belongs here. Get the man a secondary and a second WR option.

niel89 09-07-2013 01:51 AM

Cam hasn't been to the playoffs like the rest have. All 4 here had winning seasons. Not saying its a good reason but it does make him standout.

I have a lot of reservations still on these guys. Lets see how they handle more responsibility. I question the long term success of the read option and that helped fuel some dominant run games. How will they react when it all goes wrong.

yo123 09-07-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 3439592)
Cam hasn't been to the playoffs like the rest have. All 4 here had winning seasons. Not saying its a good reason but it does make him standout.

I have a lot of reservations still on these guys. Lets see how they handle more responsibility. I question the long term success of the read option and that helped fuel some dominant run games. How will they react when it all goes wrong.


Seattle and SF are stacked though, I don't feel right giving Kap and Wilson all the credit for that. And Indy was the most lucky team in the league last year based on pretty much every metric.

I feel like people are forgetting that Cam put up a record breaking rookie year 2 years ago with one WR, and didn't have a bad year last year. He belongs in the poll.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 09-07-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 3439594)
Seattle and SF are stacked though, I don't feel right giving Kap and Wilson all the credit for that. And Indy was the most lucky team in the league last year based on pretty much every metric.

I feel like people are forgetting that Cam put up a record breaking rookie year 2 years ago with one WR, and didn't have a bad year last year. He belongs in the poll.

People seem to forget Seattle went 7-9 the year before Wilson got there.

bucfan12 09-07-2013 09:17 AM

Luck to me is the traditional modern day version of Peyton Manning. Just has the physical and mental tool set. His knowledge of the game is just ridiculously good. He;s the only one out of the 3 to carry his team to the playoffs.
Not taking anything away from Kap and Wilson, even RG III. I think they develop into elite tier QBs as well. But Luck tops this list. RG III, I'm going to put at 4 on this list. Lets see if he can change his game and stay healthy.

1. Luck
2. Kap
3. Wilson (this was close between those two)
4. RG III

bucfan12 09-07-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 3439636)
People seem to forget Seattle went 7-9 the year before Wilson got there.

Yep. Everyone claimed the Seahawks, before wilson, were a team that needed a QB to compete.

NY+Giants=NYG 09-07-2013 09:50 AM

Who were the original young guns if we are on 4 now? 2004 class or are we going way back?

49erNation85 09-07-2013 11:47 AM

Kap all the way!

jth1331 09-07-2013 12:42 PM

Why isn't Eli's brother on here? I hear he just threw for 7 TD passes!

Brothgar 09-07-2013 02:00 PM

Luck > RGIII > Kaep >> Wilson

49erNation85 09-07-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jth1331 (Post 3439815)
Why isn't Eli's brother on here? I hear he just threw for 7 TD passes!

Dude really? read the title . :facepalm:

jrdrylie 09-07-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 3439636)
People seem to forget Seattle went 7-9 the year before Wilson got there.

And Carolina went 2-14 the year before Cam got there.

J-Mike88 09-07-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughBoy (Post 3439575)
Why not? Cam Newton's rookie season was just as impressive, if not more so, than all of those guys.

No way.
He had a few huge games right out of the gate, statistically.
He wasn't a big winner though, his team didn't sniff the playoffs, yet.

All these other guys performed better statistically, by far, and led their teams to the playoffs, even deep into, right away their first seasons.

Do people forget how great Griffin was last year before Halati Ngata snapped his leg?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.