Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   So why did the Bucs trade for Darelle Revis? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57458)

bucfan12 09-28-2013 03:24 PM

So why did the Bucs trade for Darelle Revis?

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/9/28/...rry-fitzgerald

So tell us Mark Dominik, why did you give the best Cover CB in the league 16 mil per year and trade a 1 and 3 for him, so he can play zone coverage and not do what he does better than anyone in the nfl since Deon and that is lock the opposing #1 WR down?

nepg 09-28-2013 03:49 PM

lolbucs. Good stuff.

Halsey 09-28-2013 04:34 PM

The Bucs have scored a total of 3 offensive TDs, and they all came in the first half of two games. Does it really matter how they're playing Revis at this point?

bucfan12 09-28-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3458599)
The Bucs have scored a total of 3 offensive TDs, and they all came in the first half of two games. Does it really matter how they're playing Revis at this point?

In certain instances yes. Bucs/Saints game on that final Drew Brees pass to Colston. Why dont you have Revis on him, instead it's the nickel CB Leonard Johnson? As a whole, Bucs defense is getting the job done for the most part, but I feel they could be better without running multiple stunts and straight up rush the passer. And use your best player on defense in the lockdwon press man position.

Eazy Picks 09-28-2013 05:41 PM

im telling you there is way too much talent in tampa for them to suck this bad, and Im convinced they will bring in a new HC and QB, shore up the depth at the skill positions, and find an impact pass-rusher, and become very good quickly. Their secondary is probably the league's 2nd best, and David, Foster and McCoy are great young players on the front 7. Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson are a nice 1-2 punch at receiver, but they have no TE, no slot receiver, and are way too dependent on Doug Martin, who needs a quality backup. Daquan Bowers is not the answer at DE, and they need to bring in a true edge-rusher. Adrian Clayborne is kinda meh to me.

The Alex 09-28-2013 06:47 PM

I'm in agreement with Eazy Picks.

bucfan12 09-28-2013 06:50 PM

I think you need to watch more of Adrian Clayborn eazy. Dude is a beast.

I do agree. The coaching philosophy and schemes run to many stunts on defense. When you see them straight up rush, they are beasts. Bowers is terrible.

RaiderNation 09-28-2013 10:06 PM

This reminds me of when Al Davis traded a 2nd for DeAngelo Hall, who's widely known as a off man zone coverage CB. In the bump and run 99% of the time man to man scheme defense is was a disaster and Hall was cut mid way into the season

yo123 09-28-2013 10:12 PM

I can't be the only one that completely forgot that DeAngelo Hall played in Oakland.

niel89 09-28-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 3458760)
I can't be the only one that completely forgot that DeAngelo Hall played in Oakland.

I forgot too. I'm gonna miss Al Davis. He didn't give a ****.

prock 09-28-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

I don't even believe that happened. I think RN is making that up.

Ness 09-28-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

I had forgotten as well. Is that the same year they threw a bunch of money towards Gibril Wilson and people suddenly thought they had a great secondary with Asomugha in the mix?

Eazy Picks 09-28-2013 10:51 PM

DeAngelo Hall just sucks I dont care what scheme you put him in hes just ******* awful. he gets some lucky fumble recovery TD or underthrown pass for a TD a couple times a year and gloats about like hes the greatest, but then he gets toasted the rest of the game and undoes whatever good he did. and yes it was a disaster in oakland. I remember how juiced I was when we traded for him, and then in the opener we play the Broncos, who just drafted Eddie Royal, and Royal just takes Hall to school all game long. It looked like Hall was the rook and Royal was a 7-year vet. and it didnt get better, i think we cut him before midseason.

Eazy Picks 09-28-2013 10:56 PM

adrian claiborne is a good player, but IMO it would be preferable if he were the 2nd best DE on the team. I think the defense needs a big-time edge rusher to really pull it all together on D. of course the offense is the problem, but I dont think theyre as far away as they seem.

yo123 09-28-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3458784)
I had forgotten as well. Is that the same year they threw a bunch of money towards Gibril Wilson and people suddenly thought they had a great secondary with Asomugha in the mix?

Pretty sure it was. Not that I didn't most likely fall for it too.

nobodyinparticular 09-28-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3458784)

Dont forget that was the year of Javon Walker too.

nobodyinparticular 09-28-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3458799)
Dont forget that was the year of Javon Walker too.

That was the same year they paid Kwame Harris and Tommy Kelly.

That was an abortion of an offseason.

Eazy Picks 09-28-2013 11:31 PM

god why are we talking about this I blocked that offseason out of my memory for a reason...gibril wilson, deangelo hall, javon walker, kwame harris...my PTS is kicking back in

nobodyinparticular 09-28-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eazy Picks (Post 3458811)
god why are we talking about this I blocked that offseason out of my memory for a reason...gibril wilson, deangelo hall, javon walker, kwame harris...my PTS is kicking back in

Don't forget that Jamarcus Russell and Andrew Walter started the Raiders' 16 games that season.

WCH 09-28-2013 11:37 PM

In addition to giving up the draft picks, the Raiders paid Hall $8 Million to play 8 games. Classic evil Al Davis.

Mufasa 09-29-2013 12:27 AM

To be fair, Al knew he was at the end of his life and was going to die soon. So he threw money and draftpicks as desperation moves to win while he was still alive. A ****** thing to do to the organization and the fans, but on a personal level, way to go Al.

LonghornsLegend 09-29-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

I read that first and yes I completely forgot as well lol. This whole idea makes me lol. It is hilarious to me how some obvious things can still get screwed up. You would think they would have this kinda stuff worked out before they dished out that contract and gave up those picks.

The Alex 09-29-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 3458757)
This reminds me of when Al Davis traded a 2nd for DeAngelo Hall, who's widely known as a off man zone coverage CB. In the bump and run 99% of the time man to man scheme defense is was a disaster and Hall was cut mid way into the season

Not only did he trade for him, he gave him the largest contract ever for a CB and then cut him in the middle of the year.

JordanTaber 09-29-2013 05:08 AM

Is this thread an acknowledgement that some coaches are inferior to others when it comes to scheming, and therefore an argument against someone being a product of a system being "if it was the system, every team would have a player doing what X player does" is a poor one?

BucSquad 09-29-2013 03:52 PM

I'm guessing Schianos job isn't very safe right now, bucs have blown 3 games already.