Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 8 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57558)

draftguru151 10-14-2013 09:06 AM

College Gameday Thread: Week 8
 
Tuesday night:
Lousiana-Lafayette vs Western Kentucky (ESPN2)

Thursday night:
#10 Miami vs North Carolina (ESPN)

Friday night:
UCF vs #8 Louisville (ESPN)

Saturday noon:
#11South Carolina vs Tennessee (ESPN)
Minnesota vs Northwestern (ESPN2)
UCONN vs Cincinnati (ESPNU)
#15 Georgia vs Vanderbilt (CBS)
#16 Texas Tech vs West Virginia (FS1)
TCU vs #21 Oklahoma State (FOX)

Saturday afternoon:
Iowa vs #4 Ohio State (ABC/ESPN2)
#9 UCLA vs #13 Stanford (ABC/ESPN2)
#24 Auburn vs #7 Texas A&M (CBS)
#18 Oklahoma vs Kansas (ESPN)
Maryland vs Wake Forest (ESPNU)

Saturday night:
Arkansas vs #1 Alabama (ESPN)
#6 LSU vs Ole Miss (ESPN2)
Iowa State vs #12 Baylor (ESPNU)
USC vs Notre Dame (NBC)
#5 Florida State vs #3 Clemson (ABC)
Washington State vs #2 Oregon (FS1)
Oregon State vs California (ESPN2)

MassNole 10-14-2013 09:52 AM

Well Boston College certainly showed Clemson's offense can be significantly slowed down, something no one has shown with FSU's offense for more than a couple drives a time.

FSU 45
Clemson 38

BallerT1215 10-14-2013 10:06 AM

Oh my body is ready for this game!! I firmly believe it is going to be a shootout and that our defense is probably going to disappoint me. FSU needs to get their hands on Boyd from the beginning and just relentless attack and pressure.

And DG - your boys better not fall into this trap game Thursday nite!

draftguru151 10-14-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Jimmy Gaines, on Miami's top-10 ranking: [shrugs shoulders] "Cool."
Quote:

Duke Johnson, on #Canes' top-10 ranking: "It's good for the program. It's a good look. But it doesn't mean anything."
No ******* trap games with this team. After a ton of TOs and penalties the last 2 games I'm expecting the team to be super focused. UNC better ******* strap up.

BallerT1215 10-14-2013 10:21 AM

Thursday nite on the road is so tough. It really doesn't matter who you play, but throw in the fact that UNC always plays you guys tough, your boys better be prepared.

draftguru151 10-14-2013 10:39 AM

Before the season this was the one game outside of FSU/UF I was worried about. @UNC is always a **** show, plus Thursday night and Renner, I thought we would be in trouble. But Renner is banged up, their defense sucks and we sucked just enough the last two games to keep the team focused.

Still nervous about the game, because Renner can light it up and it's the first game outside of Florida for us, but I'm not nervous about us showing up and laying an egg.

MassNole 10-14-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3472054)
Oh my body is ready for this game!! I firmly believe it is going to be a shootout and that our defense is probably going to disappoint me. FSU needs to get their hands on Boyd from the beginning and just relentless attack and pressure.

And DG - your boys better not fall into this trap game Thursday nite!

Yeah Clemson certainly has been saving some trips. After the game against Maryland I have a bit more faith in the defense. Tajh doesn't seem to do nearly as well when pressured, the key is not letting him escape the pocket so easily.

tjsunstein 10-14-2013 10:41 AM

My day will be as follows:
#16 Texas Tech vs West Virginia (FS1) - WVU Upset Alert.
#9 UCLA vs #13 Stanford (ABC/ESPN2) - Because Hundley.
#24 Auburn vs #7 Texas A&M (CBS) - Because Manziel.
#5 Florida State vs #3 Clemson (ABC) - Bowl game atmosphere.

This day is gonna be epic. Going to go crazy betting.

MassNole 10-14-2013 10:53 AM

So the ACC quietly has 3.5 teams (Louisville is the .5) in the Top 10.

Question becomes should the FSU-Clemson winner jump into the Top 2 on Sunday? Considering Ohio State's pathetic schedule, there would be no reason for them to remain ahead of either team. Similarly at this point neither Alabama or Oregon has better wins either and Oregon's best chance for a marquee win just went down the drain with Stanford losing to a woeful Utah team.

As of right now FSU is 3 point favorites on the road.

BallerT1215 10-14-2013 11:49 AM

I just saw the opening line is FSU -3. WTF??

iowatreat54 10-14-2013 01:01 PM

Under Kirk Ferentz, no team has scored 50 points against Iowa. The spread right now looks to be OSU -16. Chances that both are achieved Saturday? High.

Also, as an Iowa fan mentioned last week, with the exception of "new" conference members Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers, Ferentz has won at all Big 10 stadiums except the Shoe. This will probably be his last shot to do so if our current trend keeps up, as we don't play at the Shoe again until 2018 I believe.

MassNole 10-14-2013 01:06 PM

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9824367

Florida RB Matt Jones is out for the season with a torn meniscus. I thought that only required a 3~4 week recovery but he's done till 2014.

Babylon 10-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3472207)
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9824367

Florida RB Matt Jones is out for the season with a torn meniscus. I thought that only required a 3~4 week recovery but he's done till 2014.

Bad break for him.

I thought Florida got exposed a little against LSU. Like in the bowl game against Louisville they couldnt hold up against a good QB and receivers. On offense it was the same problem like it was with Driskel, line can't block and receivers don't get open.

On a sidenote how are all these 2 loss SEC teams still in the top 25.

keylime_5 10-14-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3472101)
So the ACC quietly has 3.5 teams (Louisville is the .5) in the Top 10.

Question becomes should the FSU-Clemson winner jump into the Top 2 on Sunday? Considering Ohio State's pathetic schedule, there would be no reason for them to remain ahead of either team. Similarly at this point neither Alabama or Oregon has better wins either and Oregon's best chance for a marquee win just went down the drain with Stanford losing to a woeful Utah team.

As of right now FSU is 3 point favorites on the road.

I dont' think so. I think they will be #3 in both polls behind Alabama and Oregon (who is probably the most impressive team this season so far). The Pac 12 is stronger than the ACC this year, I think that will play into Oregon's favor, not to mention the fact that they score so many points every week and look just plain good. I think the pecking order this year will be 1-Alabama if unbeated, 2-Oregon if unbeaten, 3-FSU/Clemson if unbeaten, 4-Ohio State if unbeaten. If all of those teams have a loss it's chaos.

bearsfan_51 10-14-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 3472010)
Saturday noon:
#11South Carolina vs Tennessee (ESPN)
Minnesota vs Northwestern (ESPN2)
UCONN vs Cincinnati (ESPNU)
#15 Georgia vs Vanderbilt (CBS)
#16 Texas Tech vs West Virginia (FS1)
TCU vs #21 Oklahoma State (FOX)

Six games on national television. None of them worth a damn.

bearsfan_51 10-14-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3472101)
So the ACC quietly has 3.5 teams (Louisville is the .5) in the Top 10.

No they aren't.

Quote:

Question becomes should the FSU-Clemson winner jump into the Top 2 on Sunday?
Lol

bearsfan_51 10-14-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowatreat54 (Post 3472206)
Under Kirk Ferentz, no team has scored 50 points against Iowa. The spread right now looks to be OSU -16. Chances that both are achieved Saturday? High.

Also, as an Iowa fan mentioned last week, with the exception of "new" conference members Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers, Ferentz has won at all Big 10 stadiums except the Shoe. This will probably be his last shot to do so if our current trend keeps up, as we don't play at the Shoe again until 2018 I believe.

Ferentz will coach at Iowa until 2045 when his buyout runs out.

Don Vito 10-14-2013 02:54 PM

The gauntlet continues for Ole Miss. We really needed to win that Auburn game, LSU is going to be another tough one. After starting off 3-0 we've dropped to Bama, Auburn, and A&M with LSU coming up. The schedule is obviously brutal, but that is why we needed to take the Vandy and Texas games. It is great that we took care of business with those two, but we desperately needed that Auburn game. Could have beat A&M as well but it was going to take a lot to beat them, we played a great game though. Need the upset this week.

draftguru151 10-14-2013 02:57 PM

Hopefully Gurley can play this week, I can get through the first set with UGA/Vandy if he does. Overall it's a pretty solid week of football.

UCF beating Louisville Friday night would be pretty damn sweet.

Hurricanes25 10-14-2013 02:58 PM

FSU/Clemson

I think Bart Scott said it best when he said...

BallerT1215 10-14-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 3472300)
Lol

Are you trying to say FSU is not worthy of OSU's status if we beat Clemson or vice versa???

keylime_5 10-14-2013 04:49 PM

They might jump Ohio State (clemson is already ahead of them in the AP and Harris polls) but they wont' jump Orebama.

MassNole 10-14-2013 05:36 PM

If Clemson wins they easily have the best resume in CFB.
If FSU wins they should be at least #3 and at this point has a better resume than Oregon by virtue of being Clemson and the vicious Beatdown of Maryland.

bearsfan_51 10-14-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3472368)
Are you trying to say FSU is not worthy of OSU's status if we beat Clemson or vice versa???

Re-read and try again.

bearsfan_51 10-14-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3472395)
If Clemson wins they easily have the best resume in CFB.
If FSU wins they should be at least #3 and at this point has a better resume than Oregon by virtue of being Clemson and the vicious Beatdown of Maryland.

Doesn't matter. Bama and Oregon will be 1-2 until or unless one of them loses. Everyone knows that. I think even you know that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.