Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   J-Mike 88 career most likely over. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57737)

PoopSandwich 11-12-2013 08:05 AM

J-Mike 88 career most likely over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-neck-surgery

"I will give you a little snibbet," Chmura said. "I got a chance to talk to Jermichael Finley before the game, and I would bet my bottom dollar his career's over. Over. He needs surgery, and it's herniated in (the C3 and C4 vertebrae) ... He's definitely not gonna play in Green Bay, I'd put my house on that."

Said Chmura: "I believe he's undergoing surgery on Thursday. ... He literally could not move his neck."

That is sad to see. He seemed to be turning it around lately, playing much better and acting a lot more mature on the field. Hopefully everything ends up alright, I have a neighbor who can't move his neck from a swimming pool incident and he has gone on to live a great life. As long as the doctors don't mess it up in surgery any more he should be fine, probably time for him to step away from the game though.

WCH 11-12-2013 08:07 AM

I have to believe that this is probably a fair assessment, but I will point out that Chmura is usually full of ****.

badgerbacker 11-12-2013 08:26 AM

Glad to know that Chmura has become a medical expert now that his days of post-prom hot tubbing with high school girls are over.

I agree it's probably accurate that his playing career is over, but Mark Chmura isn't the guy I'd go to for a judgement on it. While it is true that similar neck stuff ended his own career, every situation is different and I would wager there have been improvements in treatment of these injuries in the last 15 years. Talk to me when a doctor or Finley himself says he is done.

MidwestJimmy 11-12-2013 12:54 PM

Mark Chmura likes slightly underage girls. Have a seat right over there. Do you like the brownies? Isn't 150 miles a long way to drive at 3:00 in the morning?

Borat 11-12-2013 01:04 PM

Always sad when a SWDC poster's career comes to an end. It was a rollercoaster ride of a career, but damn, those injuriezzzzz.

FlyingElvis 11-12-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat (Post 3495550)
Always sad when a SWDC poster's career comes to an end. It was a rollercoaster ride of a career, but damn, those injuriezzzzz.

I was disappointed by the content, after reading the title.

Good luck to Finley. He was playing well in his contract year.

PoopSandwich 11-12-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

My name is a clusterfuck.

Shreckart 11-12-2013 01:35 PM

Doesn't he have like a $10M insurance policy in place?

TimmG6376 11-12-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreckart (Post 3495563)
Doesn't he have like a $10M insurance policy in place?

Yes, there was an MMQ article, which was a great read, in which he said that he had taken out an insurance policy. He said it was painful to make the payments but he is so glad that he did because now even if he can't play again his family is financially secure.

jth1331 11-12-2013 01:55 PM

I'm going to say it, about time. Over the hill.

Punisher 11-12-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jth1331 (Post 3495575)
I'm going to say it, about time. Over the hill.

Way to kick a guy when he's down

WCH 11-12-2013 03:04 PM

Over the hill? He's 26. He's four months younger than Jimmy Graham.

Ness 11-12-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

J-Mike88 11-12-2013 04:55 PM

What else is new.
Sterling Sharpe. Terrence Murphy. Nick Collins. Jermichael Finley. Tim Lewis....... necks forced all out early.

LochNess, great find there, hilarious.

mqtirishfan 11-12-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy (Post 3495546)
Mark Chmura likes slightly underage girls. Have a seat right over there. Do you like the brownies? Isn't 150 miles a long way to drive at 3:00 in the morning?

Premise: 8/10
Execution: 1/10

Eazy Picks 11-13-2013 04:40 PM

I honestly had a feeling as soon as the injury happened that this was it for him...I had read stories about how his family was urging him to quit after his last concussion...And this one was one of the more serious ones Ive seen.

NOLAFan 11-13-2013 07:37 PM

I think I just read how he just had a spinal fusion. I could definitely be wrong but if this is indeed the case I feel like Finley is done.

Edit: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...fusion-surgery
He will go through with the surgery. I thought i read that he had already oh well

TitansCJftw 11-13-2013 11:49 PM

i thought jmike was dead or never coming back... ah one can hope

J-Mike88 11-14-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitansCJftw (Post 3496467)
i thought jmike was dead or never coming back... ah one can hope

I haven't gone anywhere, lately. Sorry.
But so funny, try something original there next time.....

J-Mike88 11-14-2013 10:39 AM

You guys wonder why I hate injuriezzzz more than the next guy?

These are just the necks.
Someone want to fill me in on their team's recent history of losing players, good, great players, to these things?

Quote:

Nick Collins, a three-time Pro Bowl safety who had just won a Super Bowl anchoring that Packers backside, was released by the Packers in 2012 after he suffered a herniated disc between the C3 and C4 vertebrae and underwent single spinal-fusion surgery. Dr. Frank Camissa performed Collins’ surgery in New York, and while it was deemed a success, the Packers medical staff was unwilling to clear Collins to return to football. Collins still is hopeful to play again but has not found a team willing to give him a chance.

Chmura knows from personal experience about neck injuries, He underwent surgery in 1999 to fuse the C5 and C6 vertebrae and never played again.

Meanwhile, safety Sean Richardson, who suffered a neck injury last year and underwent spinal fusion surgery to fuse the C5 and C6 vertebrae, practiced for the first time Wednesday after starting the season on the physically unable to perform list.

Historically, the Packers have been reluctant to activate players who suffered neck injuries. In addition to Collins and Chmura (and 1st round pick Tim Lewis in the 80's), other ex-Packers who never played again after neck injuries include wide receiver Sterling Sharpe, who suffered a C1-C2 disk injury late in the 1994 season; safety Gary Berry, who suffered a bruised spinal column as a rookie in 2000; wide receiver Terrence Murphy, who suffered a bruised spinal cord as a rookie in 2005; offensive lineman Tony Palmer, who suffered a fractured vertebrae in 2007; and linebacker Jeremy Thompson, who suffered a bruised spinal cord in practice in 2009.

Chmura would bet his house on Finley never playing another down for the Packers.

bigbuc 11-14-2013 10:41 PM

Jermichael Finley signed a 2 year 14 million dollar deal two years ago. He also has a insurance policy for 10 million dollars if he doesn't play again.

The guy should hang'em up. He had a bad head injury and now a really bad neck injury.

He will have made 24 million dollars. He and his family will be ok. Football is not everything. These guys play to make money which he has made.

Raiderz4Life 11-15-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

I was hoping that'd be the case :(

J-Mike88 11-15-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3497005)
Jermichael Finley signed a 2 year 14 million dollar deal two years ago. He also has a insurance policy for 10 million dollars if he doesn't play again.

The guy should hang'em up. He had a bad head injury and now a really bad neck injury.

He will have made 24 million dollars. He and his family will be ok. Football is not everything. These guys play to make money which he has made.

He should, and the Packers will push him that way too, just like Nick Collins 2 seasons ago.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life (Post 3497055)
I was hoping that'd be the case :(

Professional comedians?

CC.SD 11-26-2013 10:19 AM

great poster good guy, sad to see him go but that's why we SWDC american football

J-Mike88 11-26-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 3505164)
great poster good guy, sad to see him go but that's why we SWDC american football

I hatez injuriez.

Why you revive this thread?
I almost forgot we lost J-Mike and Randall Cobb for the season, was so distracted by the loss of Rodgers for the whole month of November at least.....

No I sad again.