Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Pre-Combine Forum Questions (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58332)

shylo3716 02-01-2014 03:36 PM

Pre-Combine Forum Questions

Questions heading into the draft process

Who will have the highest Wonderlic Score?

Who will rub scouts, GMs, owners, media etc the wrong way heading into the draft(Headcase)?

Who will be the most liked prospect, best interviewer?

Who will run the fastest 40?

Who will bench the most reps?

Who will have the highest vertical leap?

Who will have the best broad jump?

Who will have the best 3 cone drill test?

Which top 10 prospect will drop off the hardest?

Who will have the most touching life story ala Michael Oher?

Which non 1st Round prospect will make the biggest leap into the 1st Round?

Which prospect(s) should we have to worry about failing a banned substance/drug screen?

Who will have the biggest medical concerns?

Which team(s) that does not have a pick in the 1st Round, will try to trade up to get back in and which position or prospect will they possibly target?(Washington or Indianapolis)

Which team(s) will try to make trade to acquire a 2nd pick in the 1st Round of the draft and which position or prospect will they possibly target?

underscore 02-01-2014 07:50 PM

John Urschel already has a lock on highest Wonderlic.

E_Bird 02-01-2014 08:29 PM

I think Jimmie Ward could be a guy that jumps into the 1st. Combine will be big for him, but he's the most versatile safety in the draft and has the most solid game, and - as I've said - he reminds me more of Earl Thomas than anyone since Earl Thomas (from his ability to cover the slot, to ball skills, to his ability as a single-high). When ET was coming out, I like him as well as (if not better than) Berry, and I feel the same about Ward in relation to Dix.

markulous 02-01-2014 08:31 PM

^^^ I like the Ward prediction.

Top 10 guy that falls the hardest is Barr IMO. He's been mocked at that spot for a while now but some people are already lowering him in their rankings.

nepg 02-01-2014 09:05 PM

Do we even have the combine list yet?

Iamcanadian 02-02-2014 02:52 AM

I'd say Cleveland is the most likely to trade up with the Rams, possibly giving up their 1st and a second rounder. It is the only way they can jump Jacksonville for the 2nd best QB in the draft.

I'd say Mack and Lewan are the 2 most likely to drop out of the top 10. Mack, because of his position, LBers simply tend to drop on draft days and Lewan didn't have a great senior year

Watch out for 1 of the RB's to be a surprise 1st rounder. Running the ball was at 40% of a team's offense this past season and teams looking for a RB will still take the best one on their board rather than wait.

A lot of good OG's available in round 2, one might just slip in at the end of round 1.

E_Bird 02-02-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3560423)
I'd say Cleveland is the most likely to trade up with the Rams, possibly giving up their 1st and a second rounder. It is the only way they can jump Jacksonville for the 2nd best QB in the draft.

I'd say Mack and Lewan are the 2 most likely to drop out of the top 10. Mack, because of his position, LBers simply tend to drop on draft days and Lewan didn't have a great senior year

Watch out for 1 of the RB's to be a surprise 1st rounder. Running the ball was at 40% of a team's offense this past season and teams looking for a RB will still take the best one on their board rather than wait.

A lot of good OG's available in round 2, one might just slip in at the end of round 1.

I'm 75% that Hill will go in the 1st. Based on talent, he's a no-brainer 1st, but I think he'll interview well enough to dispel some of the off-field concerns. He knows what to say, and he's pretty articulate.

Shupp 02-02-2014 01:02 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Sammy Watkins falls. He's a stud but he is not very fluid and moves more like a RB than a WR. His size and hands are just average, you put all those things together and I think there is a possibility he drops to the late teens-early 20's.

Jcn92 02-02-2014 01:29 PM

Who will have the highest Wonderlic Score? - Shayne Skov

Who will run the fastest 40? - De'Anthony Thomas

Who will bench the most reps? - Ra'Shede Hageman

Who will have the highest vertical leap? - Kelvin Benjamin

Which top 10 prospect will drop off the hardest? - Not sure, but I kinda wanna say CJ Mosley

Which non 1st Round prospect will make the biggest leap into the 1st Round? - Kadeem Carey, Lache Seastrunk, Dee Ford, Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Not saying they will but they have the ability too)

Who will have the biggest medical concerns? - Vinnie Sunseri, Dominique Easley

mightytitan9 02-02-2014 02:28 PM

Who will have the highest Wonderlic Score? Shayne Skov

Who will rub scouts, GMs, owners, media etc the wrong way heading into the draft(Headcase)? Johnny Manziel (although draft position won't be affected)

Who will be the most liked prospect, best interviewer? Teddy Bridgewater

Who will run the fastest 40? Tevin Reese

Who will bench the most reps? Anthony Steen

Who will have the highest vertical leap? Lache Seastrunk

Who will have the best broad jump? Marques Lee

Who will have the best 3 cone drill test? Dri Archer

Which top 10 prospect will drop off the hardest? Khalil Mack

Who will have the most touching life story ala Michael Oher? JC. Copeland

Which non 1st Round prospect will make the biggest leap into the 1st Round?
Marcus Smith

Which prospect(s) should we have to worry about failing a banned substance/drug screen? Colt Lyerla

Who will have the biggest medical concerns? Dominique Easley

Which team(s) that does not have a pick in the 1st Round, will try to trade up to get back in and which position or prospect will they possibly target?(Washington or Indianapolis) Indianapolis / Kelvin Benjamin

Which team(s) will try to make trade to acquire a 2nd pick in the 1st Round of the draft and which position or prospect will they possibly target?
Minnesota / Derek Carr

shylo3716 02-09-2014 03:10 PM

Bumping...