Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   First Round Mock with Trades (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58357)

AntoinCD 02-05-2014 07:42 AM

First Round Mock with Trades

1. Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
2. Atlanta Falcons f/ St Louis Rams select Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina
3. Jacksonville Jaguars select Blake Bortles, QB UCF
4. Cleveland Browns select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M
5. Oakland Raiders select Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson
6. St Louis Rams select Greg Robinson, OT Auburn
7. New York Giants f/ Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M
8. Tennessee Titans f/Minnesota Vikings select Khalil Mack, OLB Buffalo
9. Buffalo Bills select Eric Ebron, TE UNC
10. Detroit Lions select Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State
11. Minnesota Vikings select Derek Carr, QB Fresno State
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Kony Ealy, DE Missouri
13. Philadelphia Eagles f/St Louis Rams select Anthony Barr, OLB UCLA
14. Chicago Bears select Timmy Jernigan, DT FSU
15. Pittsburgh Steelers select Calvin Pryor, S Louisville
16. Baltimore Ravens select Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
17. Dallas Cowboys select Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix, S Alabama
18. New York Jets select Jace Amaro, TE Texas A&M
19. Miami Dolphins select Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
20. San Diego Chargers f/ Arizona Cardinals select Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan State
21. Green Bay Packers select CJ Mosley, LB Alabama
22. St Louis Rams select Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
23. Kansas City Chiefs select Jimmy Ward, S NIU
24. Cincinnati Bengals select Zack Martin, OL Notre Dame
25. Arizona Cardinals select Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington
26. Cleveland Browns select Carlos Hyde, RB Ohio State
27. New Orleans Saints select Kyle Van Noy, OLB BYU
28. Carolina Panthers select Jason Verrett, CB TCU
29. New England Patriots select Marqise Lee, WR USC
30. San Francisco 49ers select Ra’Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota
31. Denver Broncos select Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State
32. Cleveland Browns f/Seattle Seahawks select Paul Richardson, WR Colorado

Trade details:

Atlanta Falcons trade #6, #37 and a 2015 1st to St Louis for #2
New York Giants trade #12 and #43 to Tampa Bay for #7
Tennessee Titans trade #11 and #42 to Minnesota for #8
Philadelphia Eagles trade #22 and #54 to St Louis for #13
San Diego Chargers trade #25 and #89 to Arizona for #20
Cleveland Browns trade #35 and #102 to Seattle for #32

KCJ58 02-05-2014 10:43 AM

you didn't red pick #22 if it's a trade. Also I think if Barr is sitting at #13 the Rams would be stupid not to take him. They shouldn't trade out of it, unless someone offers a 2015 1st rounder. Also Jake Matthews over Greg Robinson

shylo3716 02-05-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3562525)
13. Philadelphia Eagles f/St Louis Rams select Anthony Barr, OLB UCLA

I'm not against it at all because of who the pick is, since it went down this way hopefully we can get great value from a DB in rd 2 (Joyner).

Brown Leader 02-05-2014 12:16 PM

I can't envision the Browns trading back up into the 1st for a WR. It's a fairly deep field. Staying put and taking whoever is best on the board works better. I like Hyde but with the Shanahan system coming in, I think a RB later is more likely.

K Train 02-05-2014 12:42 PM

Pryor is a decent pick. I doubt they take him of Clinton Dix though

Nalej 02-05-2014 12:52 PM

I'd be upset if the Pats drafted a WR this year.
I'd take Hageman there and love it.

bucsti25 02-05-2014 05:55 PM

I like the trade down especially if we are gonna take Ealy. If they evaluate him and feel he is a better pick than Barr then I am ok with it! Good work

ArkyRamsFan 02-05-2014 06:04 PM

AntoinCD,

Excellent job on both trade downs for the Rams. Both of them are realistic and you got decent value for them also.

My only criticism is if the Rams are going DT in the first I believe they would take Ra'Shede Hageman over Louis Nix.

49erNation85 02-05-2014 11:38 PM

Meh i'll pass on that draft. No need for a dt ...

AntoinCD 02-06-2014 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJ58 (Post 3562637)
you didn't red pick #22 if it's a trade. Also I think if Barr is sitting at #13 the Rams would be stupid not to take him. They shouldn't trade out of it, unless someone offers a 2015 1st rounder. Also Jake Matthews over Greg Robinson

I put the initial trades in red, not the end result for the team moving down. I just did it to make it easier to see a trade.

If the Rams pick Barr they would have to play him as a stand up LB which will be a project. Add in that Ogletree isn't exactly the most polished player in the world and yu have both OLBs as potential weaknesses. Of course, both could make big plays but both would be prone to mistakes, especially early on with Barr.

As for Matthews over Robinson, it's fine if you prefer Matthews, but i think Robinson has the higher upside.

AntoinCD 02-06-2014 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan (Post 3562985)
AntoinCD,

Excellent job on both trade downs for the Rams. Both of them are realistic and you got decent value for them also.

My only criticism is if the Rams are going DT in the first I believe they would take Ra'Shede Hageman over Louis Nix.

I did think of Hageman but for me he is pretty similar to Brockers, which I suppose isn't a bad thing. Noted

AntoinCD 02-06-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalej (Post 3562765)
I'd be upset if the Pats drafted a WR this year.
I'd take Hageman there and love it.

I have been thinking lately that I don't expect the Pats to draft a DT early. Unless they cut Wilfork and Kelly they should go into the year with Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Siliga, Jones and Vellano. That's a pretty deep group. Now if they get rid of the first two guys then yeah DT becomes a priority.

I also don't think they resign Edelman, especially not if he gets anywhere near the $7m per year that is being reported. This means the Pats will need reinforcements at either WR or TE. Obviously I would prefer TE at this point but with Ebron, Amaro and ASJ all gone the value didn't make sense.

AntoinCD 02-06-2014 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3562738)
I can't envision the Browns trading back up into the 1st for a WR. It's a fairly deep field. Staying put and taking whoever is best on the board works better. I like Hyde but with the Shanahan system coming in, I think a RB later is more likely.

The Browns are one of the tougher teams to predict for this draft, not only because they have a new HC and a whole load of picks, but realistically when you look at the roster outside of QB they aren't as bad as people would expect. As for WR I agree that the depth is great, but why not go all in on Manziel and give him a quality RB and WR to compliment Gordan and Cameron and make his transition easier? i do get the validity of the Shanahan system bit though, so I will take that on

BamaFalcon59 02-06-2014 11:13 AM

Sorry, no flipping way. We have too many needs and even then we gravitate towards seniors and team captains.

Bengals78 02-06-2014 11:50 AM

Martin would be an awesome pick

Poz51 02-06-2014 06:47 PM

I love the Ebron pick! No sure they would go that direction, Barr might be more likely. However, if they did take Ebron I would be a happy camper :)

thebow305 02-06-2014 08:33 PM

Decent Miami pick

fenikz 02-06-2014 08:38 PM

I have a hard time seeing the Cardinals passing on Martin or Dennard

zachsaints52 02-06-2014 10:16 PM

If I had to choose between a OLB and CB, and you believe they are equal in grading, give us a CB. We need CBs badly right now, with White proving to be a slot CB and Greer coming off a bad injury.

the_legend_killer 02-08-2014 12:47 AM

Vikings trading down a bit: Yay!
Vikings trading down a bit to draft David Carr: Boo!

scottyboy 02-08-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 3563459)
Sorry, no flipping way. We have too many needs and even then we gravitate towards seniors and team captains.

lolololololololololol

god I wish atl still posted here

also, i'm not a fan of the giants trading up. I do love matthews and with Robinson going ahead of him, could see us trading to get him, but I'd be fine staying put and grabbing Lewan

Nastradamus 02-08-2014 12:23 PM

There's about 10 guys the Lions would take over Gilbert. Barr,Lewan,Evans,Amaro,Lee,HaHa,Dennard and Pryor off the top of my head.

DI 02-08-2014 03:48 PM

I really don't see the Giants trading up unless Jadeveon starts to fall. I know they need offensive line help in the worst way but I think they'd be more inclined to look inside rather than at tackle, Pugh is a stud and will be a fixture for a long time either at left or right tackle and they have a lot of money and faith still in Will Beatty. They'll be our left and right tackles this year. A guy I could see them targeting is Zack Martin from Notre Dame. Offers position versatility, which is what they loved about Pugh, and many believe he'll thrive at guard in the pros after playing tackle in college.

BamaFalcon59 02-08-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3564517)
lolololololololololol

god I wish atl still posted here

also, i'm not a fan of the giants trading up. I do love matthews and with Robinson going ahead of him, could see us trading to get him, but I'd be fine staying put and grabbing Lewan

Did I say something wrong?

scottyboy 02-08-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 3564620)
Did I say something wrong?

that ridiculous "good guy players team captain thing"

I know it's true but it's just so ridiculous and to pass on CLOWNEY (or not trade up because he's not a captain senior) is absurd and obviously not exactly working at the moment