Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who is the most overrated team in the AFC? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605)

07-07-2006 02:21 PM

Who is the most overrated team in the AFC?

I am going with Indianapolis because I think their defense is still a little shaky, and are they going to run the ball as much without Edge?

MOD EDIT - because Simms said he had problems, i added addtional options to the poll (miami and cinci, since they seemed to be getting the most support). - nj

njx9 07-07-2006 02:22 PM

indy, cincy... add some options to your poll.

Moses 07-07-2006 02:23 PM

Indianapolis is in trouble unless Addai plays amazing and the defence steps up big time.

07-07-2006 02:24 PM

The dolphins, they are an 8-8 team and people think they can overthrow the Pats LOL.

07-07-2006 02:25 PM

MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiver 07-07-2006 02:25 PM

Marvin Harrison is on the decline. Defense is worst than last year's overrated unit. No Edgerrin James. No major improvement, unless you consider a Kicker as the savior of the team. :roll: Colts won't make the playoffs.

07-07-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver
Marvin Harrison is on the decline. Defense is worst than last year's overrated unit. No Edgerrin James. No major improvement, unless you consider a Kicker as the savior of the team. :roll: Colts won't make the playoffs.

lol that is freaking hilarious, won't make the playoffs? hahahahaha yeah, ok. I agree they are overrated and Jacksonville could very easily dethrone them but missing the playoffs is laughable.

07-07-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

If you play the Texans and Titans 2 times a year and your team is decent, i doubt you would miss the playoffs. They still will atleast not only get a wild carb but probly around 10-11 wins.

Smooth Criminal 07-07-2006 02:50 PM

I think the Dolphins and Colts are overrated.

Depending on who you talk to, the Pats are underrated by some. Anyone who thinks Miami will beat the Pats is overrating the Dolphins.

HawkeyeFan 07-07-2006 02:51 PM

Definately New England.

cunningham06 07-07-2006 02:54 PM

New England for sure.

Shiver 07-07-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:

lol that is freaking hilarious, won't make the playoffs? hahahahaha yeah, ok. I agree they are overrated and Jacksonville could very easily dethrone them but missing the playoffs is laughable.

They're team screams 8-8.

Don Vito 07-07-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Definately New England.

Quote:

New England for sure.
LOL the Rams and Eagles fans call the Patriots overrated.

SuperMcGee 07-07-2006 03:45 PM

Miami should definitely be on that poll
If there's one place that i show my homerism, its in calling Miami overrated :P

The Unseen 07-07-2006 03:49 PM

Miami.

Paranoidmoonduck 07-07-2006 04:21 PM

I don't neccesarily think the Pats are overrated, but I don't think people realize how much of decline that team is headed for. Maybe not this year, but soon.

portermvp84 07-07-2006 04:25 PM

The Colts i think their time is up. They had their chance last year and nobody knew how to stop them on offense. Now everybody knows how to stop them. They will still win their division. They've also lost some keys players on both sides of the ball. It will be intersting how they do this season.

Dam8610 07-07-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Quote:

They're team screams 8-8.

What about the Colts screams 8-8? Do you really think Edge is worth 6 games? That's pretty much what you just said. How'd Thurman Thomas work out for Buffalo? I think he was a pretty solid RB. But wait, how could someone that was drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd range be a good starting RB for a team? How could anyone have known that Edgerrin James would be a better choice in both the short and long term than Ricky Williams? Maybe there's something to be said for a talent evaluator with an eye for RB talent. Also, I like how the Colts' defense is "overrated" despite having the 2nd best scoring defense in the NFL last year. Maybe that's why people think they're good? Who knows. :roll: Then I suppose you think the Colts' passing offense is just going to disappear entirely? That makes sense since they've had 2 1000+ yard WRs 2 years running, scored 82 passing TDs in the last 2 years, and a lot of teams played 8 man coverages for most of the game against the Colts in the first half of the season out of fear of the passing game. But you're right, a kicker is the Colts' only hope to not go 8-8. :roll:

07-07-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:

If you play the Texans and Titans 2 times a year and your team is decent, i doubt you would miss the playoffs. They still will atleast not only get a wild carb but probly around 10-11 wins.

Texans are a legit team now. I really think Mario will make an impact.

That ZBS does wonders for an offense. HOU's offense will be like ATL with a better QB and WRs.

draftguru151 07-07-2006 05:04 PM

I think the Steelers are overrated. If Carson is healthy, I think the Bengals take the division and the Steelers miss the playoffs.

Colts easily make the playoffs.

EHobbs27 07-07-2006 05:20 PM

I think that the most overrated team is the Colts. I also think that the Dolphins and the Bengals are overrated.

draftguru151 07-07-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EHobbs27
I think that the most overrated team is the Colts. I also think that the Dolphins and the Bengals are overrated.

:evil: You would.

07-07-2006 05:55 PM

colts wont win 10 games this yr

draftguru151 07-07-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4
colts wont win 10 games this yr

Any particular reason?

Shiver 07-07-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610
What about the Colts screams 8-8? Do you really think Edge is worth 6 games? That's pretty much what you just said. How'd Thurman Thomas work out for Buffalo? I think he was a pretty solid RB. But wait, how could someone that was drafted in the late 1st/early 2nd range be a good starting RB for a team? How could anyone have known that Edgerrin James would be a better choice in both the short and long term than Ricky Williams? Maybe there's something to be said for a talent evaluator with an eye for RB talent. Also, I like how the Colts' defense is "overrated" despite having the 2nd best scoring defense in the NFL last year. Maybe that's why people think they're good? Who knows. :roll: Then I suppose you think the Colts' passing offense is just going to disappear entirely? That makes sense since they've had 2 1000+ yard WRs 2 years running, scored 82 passing TDs in the last 2 years, and a lot of teams played 8 man coverages for most of the game against the Colts in the first half of the season out of fear of the passing game. But you're right, a kicker is the Colts' only hope to not go 8-8. :roll:

2nd best scoring defense. :lol: When they played good offenses, they were terrible. Worse, they lost Tripplett and June. Their defensive rank was padded by raping inferior opponents.

Last year, the Colts coasted off the easiest first half schedule in years. They were not as good as the media portrayed them. It showed when they faced real teams. This year, they won't have the cupcake schedule, or Edgerrin James.