Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Will "BIG BEN" resign with the Steelers (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635)

steel man 07-22-2006 12:11 PM

Will "BIG BEN" resign with the Steelers

do you think when the time comes Ben will resign with the Steelers?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 07-22-2006 12:13 PM

He'll re-sign, but I dont know if he'll retire as a Steeler.

Shane P. Hallam 07-22-2006 12:15 PM

Yes, he'll resign because the Steelers will pay him whatever he wants. I told you not to make a poll, there is no need, we'll pay him whatever he wants.

steel man 07-22-2006 12:21 PM

i was just wanting to see what other fans of the other teams were thinking, not just us steeler fans because we want and know that we will but i was wanting to see if everyone felt the same.

Jensen 07-22-2006 12:22 PM

I think he'll re-sign with the Steelers. Maybe later in his career he might leave, but he'll re-sign with the Steelers for now.

Immaculate Tackle 07-22-2006 12:24 PM

Yes, because if they let him leave I will boycott the Steelers forever and the Rooneys know there are lots of people like me. Ben's the first respectable QB we've had in 26 years. He will get paid.

He won't get a better deal because he'll never hit free agency, so if other teams offer him deals that would be tampering.

Twiddler 07-22-2006 12:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that he will. I mean why leave a city when you have such a good thing going.

Staubach12 07-22-2006 12:42 PM

He wouldn't leave Pittsburgh. He's always said he loves it there.

Jonathan_VIlma 07-22-2006 12:43 PM

I doubt he retires with them unless because of injury. Not many quarterbacks stay with the team, because quarterbacks stay in the game too long. The team has plans for the future and most quarterbacks (i.e. Favre) stay past their prime. Montana was never the same in KC, and there's many examples I could think of. Warren Moon in Houston, etc.

bearfan 07-22-2006 01:22 PM

He will resign no matter what. Pittsburg loves him, and if he leaves they will not be happy. Unhappy fans = less mula. So they will pay him whatever he wants, even if they have a tough time deciding, cause if the lose Big Ben, then they lose money

MossRandleElLloyd 07-22-2006 02:06 PM

when is his contract up...he'd look great in B&G.

Immaculate Tackle 07-22-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MossRandleElLloyd

Black and gold. He already wears it.

Of course, I know you're just trying to bait Steeler fans, because even Dan Snyder can't snatch up an up and coming QUARTERBACK in free agency.

jackalope 07-22-2006 04:27 PM

the steelers will give him a huge contract. there's no way they're letting him go. he'll probably be a steeler for most of his career.

yodabear 07-22-2006 04:28 PM

Yes

Shane P. Hallam 07-22-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immaculate Tackle
Quote:

Of course, I know you're just trying to bait Steeler fans, because even Dan Snyder can't snatch up an up and coming QUARTERBACK in free agency.

Really, is there any other meaning to B&G?

bearsfan_51 07-22-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:

Quote:

Burgandy and Gold. Redskins colors. And Big Ben would look terrible in Washington.

Smooth Criminal 07-22-2006 06:55 PM

There is no way the Steelers will let him go. I just can't see it happening.

Staubach12 07-22-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Burgandy and Gold. Redskins colors. And Big Ben would look terrible in Washington.

Yeah, we can all say "Oh, he'd look good in (fill in your favorite teams colors)!" but the only colors you'll see him in is Black and Gold. He won't play anywhere else anytime soon.

elway777 07-22-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

they dont wear gold,...and anybody would look bad in the redskins ugly jerseys.

Ravens1991 07-22-2006 08:19 PM

yes, horrible for Ravens fans.

M.O.T.H. 07-22-2006 08:24 PM

The guy was drafted to be the franchise Qb and he has had great success in Pittsburgh. It's extremely rare for a player of his caliber to sign else where after his rookie contract is up. He'll most likely sign one of those 10 year, $100 million contracts when his rookie contract expires.

Immaculate Tackle 07-23-2006 12:31 AM

The only reason a QB of his caliber would hit free agency is because of a shoulder injury (Brees, Culpepper) or age.

The days of letting go of guys like Woodson and Kevin Greene are over. I can't even remember the last pro-bowl player the Steelers have let hit free agency. The Randle Els and the Chris Hopes can leave -- they are not special and the Steelers didn't have the space to re-sign them -- but the Roethlisbergers will be locked up.

jsagan77 07-23-2006 01:32 AM

He's going to Sign with the SKins..lol jk

M.O.T.H. 07-23-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsagan77
He's going to Sign with the SKins..lol jk

No whats sad? Your like the third different person to say that. I guess you guys dont have that much confidence in Jason Campbell.

Just adding my two cents here but, IMO Campbell will not make a great NFL QB.

The Fat Kid 07-23-2006 01:44 AM

well joe montana retired with the cheifs
so any thing is possible