Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which Corner is the best in the NFC East? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636)

jsagan77 07-23-2006 10:04 AM

Which Corner is the best in the NFC East?

Which Corner is the best in the NFC East?

I saw this on a Skins site, but of course that is biased. I'd like to see an unbias opinion so I brought it here to you fine folks.

SeanTaylorRIP 07-23-2006 10:06 AM

A lot of those guys are future stars, but as of now if I had to choose 1 corner for a game to do the best it would be Shawn Springs. He is great in coverage and one of the best blitzing DB's in the game.

jsagan77 07-23-2006 10:06 AM

I got to Go with Springs on this one with Newman and Madison on his tail. He has been shutting down TO since he's been in the league and many feel he is the best WR out there right now.

07-23-2006 10:07 AM

Right now its Newman but some time in the near future it will be Rogers.

jsagan77 07-23-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroney39
Right now its Newman but some time in the near future it will be Rogers.

I hope your right but Newman had an amazing year last year. I do believe Carlos will be a main rival of his..

Smooth Criminal 07-23-2006 10:11 AM

I'll take Lito.

Ho0k Em' 07-23-2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I'll take Lito.

Ask any Jets fan who the best CB on their team is I garuntee they say Sheldon.

I'd take Newman.

LTgiants 07-23-2006 10:28 AM

i had to vote for madison

i just wish i can get another vote for webster since he will the best cb in the nfc east in the future

Shane P. Hallam 07-23-2006 10:29 AM

Lito or Sheldon. Anyone who says Newman, ugh, did anyone actually seem him last year? He almost got benched...

Splat 07-23-2006 10:30 AM

When 100% Shawn Springs.

elway777 07-23-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:

I'll take Lito.

I'd take Newman.

I gurantee no "jets" fan would say either were their best corners on "their" team. :?

Modano 07-23-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBond93
Lito or Sheldon. Anyone who says Newman, ugh, did anyone actually seem him last year? He almost got benched...

Are you serious?

Newman was the #1 CB in Dallas all year and had pretty good success against some good WR..
He suffered the "sophomore slump" in 2004 but last year he was a very solid player and QB didn't throw at him so much because of his good playing..

The one CB from the NFC east who really sucked last year was, without question, Lito Sheppard. Terry Glenn was one of the many WRs that owned him last year..

Gribble 07-23-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

I remember him not allowing any TDs last year...

SuperMcGee 07-23-2006 11:02 AM

Only one vote for Shelodn Brown? I understand the Newman argument to this, but 16-1?

Ho0k Em' 07-23-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:

I'll take Lito.

I'd take Newman.

I gurantee no "jets" fan would say either were their best corners on "their" team. :?

Woops Eagles

At least they're both green

P-L 07-23-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:

I remember him not allowing any TDs last year...

I remember, from the games I saw, him not being thrown at that much...

07-23-2006 11:25 AM

Newman is winning? hahahaha yeah Cowboys fans, ok. He's already 28 and isn't half as good as Springs is.

draftguru151 07-23-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTgiants
i had to vote for madison

i just wish i can get another vote for webster since he will the best cb in the nfc east in the future

Carlos Rogers. :shock:

Texico From Mexico 07-23-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermaineRace
Newman is winning? hahahaha yeah Cowboys fans, ok. He's already 28 and isn't half as good as Springs is.

Hmm there he goes bashing the boys in another thread. You live for it don't you? :wink:

07-23-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:

Hmm there he goes bashing the boys in another thread. You live for it don't you? :wink:

Only because the Cowboys are like the Yankees, everyone and there mother is a Cowboys fan just because they're the Cowboys. They're more Cowboys fans than people who actually live in the state of Texas.

Canadian_kid16 07-23-2006 11:47 AM

I think that it is either Sheppard and/or Sheldon Brown...and I hate the Eagles...but those guys can flat out play

Modano 07-23-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Only because the Cowboys are like the Yankees, everyone and there mother is a Cowboys fan just because they're the Cowboys. They're more Cowboys fans than people who actually live in the state of Texas.

Yes there are, I'm from Italy :D

HawkeyeFan 07-23-2006 11:50 AM

Shawn Springs

Terrence Newman is overrated as hell.

Texico From Mexico 07-23-2006 11:54 AM

Terrence Newman

Shawn Springs is overrated as hell.

HawkeyeFan 07-23-2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Shawn Springs is overrated as hell.

:roll: