Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vanderjagt or Vinatieri (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643)

RCAChainGang 07-25-2006 01:29 PM

Vanderjagt or Vinatieri
 
Vinatieri makes the ones that matter!

draftguru151 07-25-2006 01:30 PM

It isn't even close, Vinatieri.

RyanLeaf#1 07-25-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
It isn't even close, Vinatieri.

I couldnt agree with you more

Smooth Criminal 07-25-2006 01:33 PM

Not a hard question to answer.

bigbluedefense 07-25-2006 01:33 PM

Vanderjagt hasn't made an important field goal his whole career. The most overrated kicker ive ever seen. Vinatieri could possibly make the HOF if he continues to make clutch kicks. Vinatieri by a mile.

RCAChainGang 07-25-2006 01:37 PM

Ive had lots of arguments with cowboys fans about this.

cunningham06 07-25-2006 01:40 PM

Vanderjagt can't even do kickoffs, Vinatieri hands down, he makes important kicks that Vanderjagt doesn't.

drowe 07-25-2006 01:40 PM

lol..unanimous so far.

Splat 07-25-2006 01:41 PM

Vinatieri will own this poll!

M.O.T.H. 07-25-2006 01:45 PM

As a Cowboys fan, I absolutly love the addition of Vanderjagt but, I'd go with Vinatieri on this one. I'm hoping Vanderjagt can remain accurate in a non-domed stadium.

The Unseen 07-25-2006 01:45 PM

Not only is there the typical argument of the un-clutch kicking of Vanderjagt...he doesn't do kickoffs. That's a waste of roster space, although it's not if it's the punter (does anyone know this?).

M.O.T.H. 07-25-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen
Not only is there the typical argument of the un-clutch kicking of Vanderjagt...he doesn't do kickoffs. That's a waste of roster space, although it's not if it's the punter (does anyone know this?).

Well, actually he will kickoff for the cowboys this season.

The Unseen 07-25-2006 01:51 PM

Okay then.

But I'm still going with Vinateri. The only clutch kick he's made (that I know of, don't bash me if I'm wrong) was after a botched first one that got re-done because of a subjective penalty - the comeback vs. the Bucs on MNF.

Staubach12 07-25-2006 01:52 PM

Vinetieri is better, but why does everyone hate Vanderjagt? He missed one 46 yard kick, and everyone hates him. Know why the Colts didn't win that game? Because Peyton couldn't get them in the enzone that drive. That's it. And everyone misses sometime. Did you know Michael Jordan missed 26 game winning shots in his career? It happens. Vanderjagt will make some cluch kicks this year. He'll prove his worth.

Geo 07-25-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Vanderjagt hasn't made an important field goal his whole career. The most overrated kicker ive ever seen.

To be fair, he made two superb 50+ yards kicks in heavy snowfall at Denver in 2002, a 54-yard FG at the end of regulation to tie the game and a game-winning 51-yard FG in overtime.

But that's the only legit clutch perfomance that I recall, whereas I can think of multiple times where the opposite held true.


Mike Shanahan and the citizens of Denver, Colorado are big fans of the Colts incidentally. :lol:

TitleTown088 07-25-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
It isn't even close, Vinatieri.


cunningham06 07-25-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12
Vinetieri is better, but why does everyone hate Vanderjagt? He missed one 46 yard kick, and everyone hates him. Know why the Colts didn't win that game? Because Peyton couldn't get them in the enzone that drive. That's it. And everyone misses sometime. Did you know Michael Jordan missed 26 game winning shots in his career? It happens. Vanderjagt will make some cluch kicks this year. He'll prove his worth.

Not on kickoffs he won't. Anyway what is with his attitude? He's a kicker! He needs to stop running his mouth about how he is the best who ever lived and is the star of the team.

Philliez01 07-25-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12
Vinetieri is better, but why does everyone hate Vanderjagt? He missed one 46 yard kick, and everyone hates him. Know why the Colts didn't win that game? Because Peyton couldn't get them in the enzone that drive. That's it. And everyone misses sometime. Did you know Michael Jordan missed 26 game winning shots in his career? It happens. Vanderjagt will make some cluch kicks this year. He'll prove his worth.


You really can't compare NBA game-winning shots to NFL game-winning kicks, too big of a difference. A shot could be from half-court for all we know.

Vandy did miss a FG kick back in '00 (I believe) against Miami, I remember he missed the game-tying FG in New England (first game of the year) and the kick against Pittsburgh. Vinatieri missed what, a kick in the first game of the year in Oakland when they were up by at least a TD?

P-L 07-25-2006 02:48 PM

Vanderjagt is probably the better fantasy option, but Vinatieri is the better overall kicker.

Jensen 07-25-2006 02:49 PM

Vinatieri, and its not close at all. Why was this question even asked?

07-25-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen
Vinatieri, and its not close at all. Why was this question even asked?


Shane P. Hallam 07-25-2006 03:03 PM

Question has been answered it seems. Well, if you want to change the direction of the thread, go for it.

RCAChainGang 07-25-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12
Vinetieri is better, but why does everyone hate Vanderjagt? He missed one 46 yard kick, and everyone hates him. Know why the Colts didn't win that game? Because Peyton couldn't get them in the enzone that drive. That's it. And everyone misses sometime. Did you know Michael Jordan missed 26 game winning shots in his career? It happens. Vanderjagt will make some cluch kicks this year. He'll prove his worth.

I disagree if u dont get in the endzone and ur close thats wy there is a kicker. The reason Vinetieri is highly praised is cause when Tom Brady couldnt get into the endzone he turned to the kicker he made some big kicks to win playoff games and superbowls. The reason pats won is cuz of that kick. "People say well we won cause of that kick." but when he misses vanderjagt lovers say we lost that game cuz of Peyton Manning. He did fine it was the kick that lost it Sure Peyton could've played better and the line colud've played better, but that is no excuse for missing that kick. Dont get me wrong Vanderjagt is an amazing kicker but he isnt as amazing or as good as vinatieri. That is wy the colts picked him up. Vinatieri will make the crucial kicks...

Texico From Mexico 07-25-2006 03:28 PM

Morton Anderson in his day owns them both! :D

njx9 07-25-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philliez01
Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12
Vinetieri is better, but why does everyone hate Vanderjagt? He missed one 46 yard kick, and everyone hates him. Know why the Colts didn't win that game? Because Peyton couldn't get them in the enzone that drive. That's it. And everyone misses sometime. Did you know Michael Jordan missed 26 game winning shots in his career? It happens. Vanderjagt will make some cluch kicks this year. He'll prove his worth.


You really can't compare NBA game-winning shots to NFL game-winning kicks, too big of a difference. A shot could be from half-court for all we know.

... and the kick could've been from 55+. what's your point?

additionally, i would take vanderjagt in a second during the regular season. i find it funny that people think vinatieri is so clutch... i mean, the kick against oakland was amazing, but what other difficult "clutch" kicks has he really made?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.