Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   All - NFLDC QB - Tom Brady (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659)

stephenson86 07-30-2006 12:31 PM

All - NFLDC QB - Tom Brady

This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited too lead a team.

All QB's have been chosen for either their ability too pass, read defences, use their legs, lead a team

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

VOTE AWAY

PS i spelt mannings name right but then thought it was wrong, so i messed up :lol:

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS QB IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHERS

Ravens1991 07-30-2006 12:33 PM

Tom Brady,good idea w/ this I was thinking about doing this. Tom Brady doesn't crack under pressure

Jensen 07-30-2006 12:34 PM

Trent Green? And I'd go with Tom Brady.

bigbluedefense 07-30-2006 12:34 PM

Now...Tom Brady no doubt. I can't think of a more clutch qb in the league. This isn't about stats or TD passes, like you said, this is about LEADING your team. And Brady is easily the top candidate.

Hopefully Eli can get there in the next couple of years. :D

stephenson86 07-30-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Tom Brady,good idea w/ this I was thinking about doing this. Tom Brady doesn't crack under pressure

its just something that doesnt involve people making any effort, only a little vote so i figured it would be interesting too see who we all think would be best

The Unseen 07-30-2006 12:35 PM

Option #2.

stephenson86 07-30-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen
Trent Green? And I'd go with Tom Brady.

I figured him but then i took him away :?

bigbluedefense 07-30-2006 12:35 PM

Just so you know...polls don't work. You're gonna see an unusual amount of votes for Drew Bledsoe....just a hunch.

stephenson86 07-30-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Just so you know...polls don't work. You're gonna see an unusual amount of votes for Drew Bledsoe....just a hunch.

hold on then

Dillen 07-30-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

Yeah. I dont know why he's even on the thing.

I voted for McNabb because no one else will vote for him because Brady will win anyways.

Shane P. Hallam 07-30-2006 12:50 PM

I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.

sweetness34 07-30-2006 01:22 PM

Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

I hope Peyton isn't the next Marino, great QB that doesn't get a SB.

07-30-2006 01:29 PM

Manning.

draftguru151 07-30-2006 01:34 PM

I'll take the best QB on this list, Peyton Manning.

Daunte can't even get on the list, not even over Brees?

07-30-2006 01:35 PM

I'd take Daunte over Vick and Bledsoe

Shane P. Hallam 07-30-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

I hope Peyton isn't the next Marino, great QB that doesn't get a SB.

Maybe it stems from me being a Marino fan (I'm wearing his jersey right now, maybe some subliminal message from this thread made me put it on,) but SB rings are for a team. I don't consider them a great bench mark. It's about wins, points scored, QB rating, etc, all things Peyton is good at. I mean, you need a defense to win a SB, you do, and the Colts didn't have a good one until last year, and the game they lost in the playoffs, they failed the team as the Steelers lit them up. Not saying Peyton had a good game, but your defense can pull your QB through a game (see SB,) and Peyton made big plays int hat playoff game, the defense didn't even give them a chance.

07-30-2006 01:40 PM

how long does this run 4?

moc182 07-30-2006 01:47 PM

I don't reallt know what the question is asking, it's phrased pretty poorly. I took it as what QB I would have if I could have any QB in the league, and that would be Carson Palmer.

07-30-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moc182
I don't reallt know what the question is asking, it's phrased pretty poorly. I took it as what QB I would have if I could have any QB in the league, and that would be Carson Palmer.

i think we're picking like a preseason All-Pro team.

moc182 07-30-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

Originally Posted by moc182

i think we're picking like a preseason All-Pro team.

O, well in that case it would be Manning.

07-30-2006 01:53 PM

if this was for the future it would be Palmer no doubt

smittyjs 07-30-2006 02:11 PM

Tom Brady

07-30-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBond93
I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.

Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.

07-30-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:

Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.

how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault

draftguru151 07-30-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:

how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault

People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll: