Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who has the best Defense in the NFC East? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661)

jsagan77 07-30-2006 08:07 PM

Who has the best Defense in the NFC East?

Who has the best Defense in the NFC East? Again a buddy of mine is Arguing. He says Dallas.. Even though they are all top notch I think it will be the Giants this year..

The Fat Kid 07-30-2006 08:13 PM

dallas

yourfavestoner 07-30-2006 08:14 PM

This is a tough one. I'll go with Washington. It's going to be interesting to see what they can do with a pass rush now.

PACKmanN 07-30-2006 08:16 PM

i like the Eagles S/CB but i like Dallas front 7 so i pick both.

cunningham06 07-30-2006 08:17 PM

This topic was made a while ago. Philly could very well be up there again if the pass rush picks up this year, but Dallas's defense is overrated, so I'd say Washington.

Ho0k Em' 07-30-2006 08:21 PM

I like Philly.

They brought in Howard and Bunk to help that pass-rush, and help free up space for Jeremiah. We all know about that secondary Lito, Brown, Dawkins, and Lewis.

Smooth Criminal 07-30-2006 08:26 PM

I have to go with Dallas. Their entire defense looks really good this year.

07-30-2006 08:28 PM

Redskins. very underrated team. superbowl contenders.

ninerfan 07-30-2006 08:40 PM

Dallas

Jughead10 07-30-2006 09:49 PM

Gotta go with the Redskins here. Their defense will give up the least amount of yardage again this year. Dallas defense while is promising is still too young in my opinion and has a big question at NT, the most imporant position in the 3-4 defense. I think a lot of people are looking past that. It is also how you judge a defense. I think the Redskins will give up the least yardage but I also think the Giants will cause the most turnovers again. But my vote still goes to the Skins.

M.O.T.H. 07-30-2006 09:52 PM

I'm hoping Thomas "pepper" Johsnon and Stanley could provide some solid depth at DT for the boys. They're going to have to.

moc182 07-30-2006 10:03 PM

Dallas.

D-Unit 07-30-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10
Gotta go with the Redskins here. Their defense will give up the least amount of yardage again this year. Dallas defense while is promising is still too young in my opinion and has a big question at NT, the most imporant position in the 3-4 defense. I think a lot of people are looking past that. It is also how you judge a defense. I think the Redskins will give up the least yardage but I also think the Giants will cause the most turnovers again. But my vote still goes to the Skins.

Since when is Jason Ferguson a scrub?

M.O.T.H. 07-30-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:

yeah, I was gonna comment on that but, decided not to. Now it's understandable if he said depth a NT but, there is nothing wrong with Fergy.

Jughead10 07-30-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He's not a scrub, but he isn't so great either. A defense with such high aspirations should have a better player at the key position that makes the whole defense work. Out of the majors teams that run a 3-4 defense, the Cowboys definately have to worst NT of the bunch.

Ho0k Em' 07-30-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's not a scrub, but he isn't so great either. A defense with such high aspirations should have a better player at the key position that makes the whole defense work. Out of the majors teams that run a 3-4 defense, the Cowboys definately have to worst NT of the bunch.

Cleveland?

Jughead10 07-30-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cleveland?

I'll take the combination of Washington and Oshinowo for depth over what the Cowboys are going to put out there.

PACKmanN 07-30-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's not a scrub, but he isn't so great either. A defense with such high aspirations should have a better player at the key position that makes the whole defense work. Out of the majors teams that run a 3-4 defense, the 49ers definately have to worst NT of the bunch.

there i fixed it for u

yourfavestoner 07-30-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cleveland?

Ted Washington?

Jason Ferguson severely underperformed last season, especially considering how much he was paid.

Jughead10 07-30-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's not a scrub, but he isn't so great either. A defense with such high aspirations should have a better player at the key position that makes the whole defense work. Out of the majors teams that run a 3-4 defense, the 49ers definately have to worst NT of the bunch.

there i fixed it for u

Thats true I forgot about them. But still, you get the point. The team that will be lucky to win 5 games has a worse NT than the Cowboys.

RCAChainGang 07-30-2006 10:47 PM

Dallas has only one weakness on D...and that is FS

yodabear 07-30-2006 10:51 PM

I voted the Giants cuz I fricking felt like it.

Ho0k Em' 07-30-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan

I think they're MLB's are a bit iffy.

draftguru151 07-30-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

:shock: :? Ayodele was just signed and he is above average and And Bradie James is really good and young. The only position on their front 7 that is a question is NT.

Jughead10 07-30-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:

Quote:

:shock: :? Ayodele was just signed and he is above average and And Bradie James is really good and young. The only position on their front 7 that is a question is NT.

Who is there other DE besides Spears. Canty? I know he is promising and Cowboys fans are high on him but until he really proves it, he is a slight question. Although he could turn out to be great.