Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Jets RB situation? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696)

shavedaeyebrow2 08-08-2006 09:29 PM

Jets RB situation?

idk if i am breaking any rules with this but if i am, feel free to lock this...

There have been plenty of rumors saying that the Jets are very unsure about Curtis Martin and are looking to trade for a RB. Some of the names being brought up are Chris Brown (Tennessee) and Thomas Jones (Chicago).

Personally i think we should just wait til the draft next year but it looks like that won't happen.

What will happen with this, will the Jets trade for a RB (if so who), will we wait til the draft and get either peterson or lynch (depending on where we are picking and if they are available. And if we do not trade, who do you think will start (if curtis martin is not ready).

shavedaeyebrow2 08-08-2006 09:31 PM

i know the poll says draft in the 2007 draft but hopefully you are all smart enough to know that it means, draft a RB in the 2007 draft (i would edit it but i can't :( )

08-08-2006 09:34 PM

5th round pick for ladell betts...

Moses 08-08-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
5th round pick for ladell betts...

I doubt the Redskins would let Betts go for just a 5th rounder. They need insurance for Portis and it's also nice to have a spell back. Plus, the Redskins use Portis and Betts at the same time in certain formations.

Smooth Criminal 08-08-2006 09:56 PM

I would think they may try to trade for Chris Brown. He is a young guy with alot of potential. They might be able to get him cheap from Tennessee.

jets future 08-08-2006 09:58 PM

i voted for current rb in the future, cuz i dont think we should trade becuase its not like we are going to be in the playoff race chris brown would be nasty, drafting a rb in 07 would be smart, but i like this kid cedrick houston he is pretty nasty.

Ace 08-08-2006 10:17 PM

Don't the Jets already have a ton of picks in next year's draft?

I still think that they will trade for Chris Brown. I've been saying that ever since he asked to be traded and I'm sticking to it.

Ravens1991 08-08-2006 10:21 PM

Ace that sig is sweet

I think the jets should try to get a RB like Adrian Peterson or maybe Marshawn Lynch in the draft.

jetvilma51 08-08-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace

I still think that they will trade for Chris Brown. I've been saying that ever since he asked to be traded and I'm sticking to it.

no, we have 8 picks, 2 2nd rounders

i would like to draft a RB, none of our current RBs can handle the load Houston is a great goalline back, Leon is to small but has potencial and blaylock isnt the anwser, and i hope we dont trade for one cause we are in no hurry to get our feartured back

The Great Jonathan Vilma 08-08-2006 11:03 PM

i voted just for the draft because since his freshman year i've wanted them to have Adrian Peterson

draftguru151 08-08-2006 11:12 PM

Two letters, AD.

derza222 08-08-2006 11:38 PM

I've wanted Peterson since his freshman year too, but I've got to say I wouldn't mind Brown at all and that's what I see happening. What do you guys think the Titans are going to ask for him? I'm hoping it isn't much. Seems realistic because the Titans probably don't have a ton of leverage in the deal as he wants to be gone they have plenty of depth and the Jets should trade for a back but could let the young guys get their carries and see what happens since they won't do that well anyway this year, plus he has injury concerns.

RCAChainGang 08-08-2006 11:42 PM

I say draft for RB. There will be some good RB's next year.

Basileus777 08-09-2006 12:34 AM

The Jets are rebuilding, it doesn't make sense to trade for a rb right now. They are better off drafting someone in 2007.

Staubach12 08-09-2006 12:36 AM

Trade for Chris Brown.

moc182 08-09-2006 01:01 AM

I'd try and give Washington alot of touches this season, he's got alot of potential. If he doesn't show much promise they could go running back early in the draft, although I'm personally against picking running backs in the first round unless they're very, very special.

ninerfan 08-09-2006 01:14 AM

so in the 07 draft their gonna get a QB and a RB - coz lets face it they need both

The Legend 08-09-2006 01:16 AM

i think people are forgeting that Matrin has only once not had a 1000yd season and that was last year

cunningham06 08-09-2006 01:19 AM

I think they should draft a running back in the next years draft. There are a lot of talented RB's and depending on how high of a pick they have they could even wait until the second round to pick a guy. I really like Auburn RB's, so I would like to see the Jets draft someone like Kenny Irons. Even his name is cool.

jetvilma51 08-09-2006 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan
so in the 07 draft their gonna get a QB and a RB - coz lets face it they need both

thats false

smittyjs 08-09-2006 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace

He stated that he didn't want to be traded :?

smittyjs 08-09-2006 01:52 AM

Draft in the 2007 Draft

diabsoule 08-09-2006 02:21 AM

The Jets are going to be a good position to draft an excellent RB during next years draft. Whether they want to continue to address their O-line then they could with the first pick and go with someone like Kenny Irons in the 2nd or even Kenneth Darby.

If they traded for a RB this year I think Jones would be a good back but he is getting up there and the Jets need a young back. I think a trade for Lee Suggs would be a good trade. Then they could draft someone and have two backs that could really produce.

08-09-2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule
The Jets are going to be a good position to draft an excellent RB during next years draft. Whether they want to continue to address their O-line then they could with the first pick and go with someone like Kenny Irons in the 2nd or even Kenneth Darby.

If they traded for a RB this year I think Jones would be a good back but he is getting up there and the Jets need a young back. I think a trade for Lee Suggs would be a good trade. Then they could draft someone and have two backs that could really produce.

what Jones?

diabsoule 08-09-2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroney39
Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule

what Jones?

Thomas Jones, Chicago Bears RB.