Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Pats sign Tory James (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6973)

255979119 04-17-2007 05:45 PM

Pats sign Tory James
 
Shefter reports:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Geo 04-17-2007 05:51 PM

I'd much rather see Tory James trying to cover Marvin Harrison than Asante Samuel.

The Great Jonathan Vilma 04-17-2007 06:06 PM

interesting pickup. can't hurt to have the added depth with the Asante situation. will this have any influence with what they do with him?

255979119 04-17-2007 06:13 PM

It is really just a security precaution, and if we cannot sign Samuel to a long term deal then I assume he will be able to give us an early 1st rounder if we add our 28th selection.

#1chiefs_fan 04-17-2007 06:24 PM

solid signing with the whole asante sameuls thing

Moses 04-17-2007 06:27 PM

The Pats have been really aggressive this off-season. I'm interested to see what they do with their 2 first rounders.

255979119 04-17-2007 06:37 PM

If we hold onto Asante I would not be suprised to see us reach for Zak Deossie at 28.

After all Mankins was a projected 3rd rounder aswell, and Bellichek loves Zak.

Komp 04-17-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 315454)
I'd much rather see Tory James trying to cover Marvin Harrison than Asante Samuel.

lol Indy fan?

princefielder28 04-17-2007 06:58 PM

I think New England will try to make a move to get Landry and that would drastically help the secondary. If that deal involves Samuel they could easily spend a Day 1 pick on a CB and I think this class is deep enough for them to find a starter.

255979119 04-17-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 315726)
I think New England will try to make a move to get Landry and that would drastically help the secondary. If that deal involves Samuel they could easily spend a Day 1 pick on a CB and I think this class is deep enough for them to find a starter.

Well if we trade with Washington, I am 100% sure we'd get Landry with the 6th pick.

Chucky 04-17-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 255979119 (Post 315639)
If we hold onto Asante I would not be suprised to see us reach for Zak Deossie at 28.

After all Mankins was a projected 3rd rounder aswell, and Bellichek loves Zak.

Im just gonna go with a no chance on that one.

BigDawg819 04-17-2007 07:13 PM

Wow an established veteran signing with New England, I'm shocked and amazed all at the same time. :rolleyes:

AkiliSmith 04-17-2007 07:34 PM

As a Bengals fan I give my condolences to Patriots fans. James was by FAR the worst player on our defense last year. I wouldn't have signed him for 5 hot dogs a year. He is a huge liability against the run and the pass.

I look forward to the game against the Patriots now.

remix 6 04-17-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkiliSmith (Post 315874)
As a Bengals fan I give my condolences to Patriots fans. James was by FAR the worst player on our defense last year. I wouldn't have signed him for 5 hot dogs a year. He is a huge liability against the run and the pass.

I look forward to the game against the Patriots now.

he aint our starter. hes our nickel/dime..probably dime if Ga y ever stays healthy

255979119 04-17-2007 08:17 PM

He is our number 4 corner atm...

ElectricEye 04-17-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 315762)
Im just gonna go with a no chance on that one.

Oh, theres deffiantly a chance. The Patriot draft philosophy is that if you like a player in the second round, there nothing wrong with taking them in the first.

Anyway, I'm not a Tory James guy. I'm not sure he'll see much of the field for us. At best, he'll be our 3rd corner. Ellis Hobbs is a better player than him right now...and if *** can return to form, I'm not sure he can beat him out. But if he can get some interceptions covering the slot...it certainly won't hurt us.

Matthew Jones 04-17-2007 08:49 PM

Nice deal. Looking forward to seeing him in a Patriots uniform.

Smooth Criminal 04-17-2007 08:54 PM

Somehow he'll go to New england and become great. Hard to believe that they had Chad Scott starting games and still won.

Bengals1690 04-17-2007 09:11 PM

as a bengals fan i will enjoy watching CJ/Housh burning him in week four.

255979119 04-17-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals1690 (Post 316205)
as a bengals fan i will enjoy watching CJ/Housh burning him in week four.

Once again he is fourth on the depth chart.

Idiot.

RaiderNation 04-17-2007 09:32 PM

will add some depth to the CB crew

ElectricEye 04-17-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals1690 (Post 316205)
as a bengals fan i will enjoy watching CJ/Housh burning him in week four.

He won't be covering either, barring injury.

255979119 04-17-2007 09:38 PM

This is starting to irritate me. If they read the previous ******* posts then they'd realize it has been mentioned countless times that he will not have a chance to crack the top 3....

ElectricEye 04-17-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 255979119 (Post 316330)
This is starting to irritate me. If they read the previous ******* posts then they'd realize it has been mentioned countless times that he will not have a chance to crack the top 3....

Internet Forum; Serious Business.

Bengals1690 04-17-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 255979119 (Post 316303)
Once again he is fourth on the depth chart.

Idiot.

i know this. i am merely stating my anger of his lameness in a roundabout way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.