Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   All-Star team of second-round picks (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7177)

Splat 04-19-2007 03:49 PM

All-Star team of second-round picks
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/morenews

QB -- Brett Favre (33rd overall, Atlanta, 1991), Drew Brees (32, San Diego, 2001)

RB -- Clinton Portis (51, Denver, 2002), Travis Henry (58, Buffalo, 2001), Maurice Jones-Drew (60, Jacksonville, 2006)

WR -- Chad Johnson (36, Cincinnati, 2001), Deion Branch (65, New England, 2002), Anquan Boldin (54, Arizona, 2003)


TE -- Alge Crumpler (35, Atlanta, 2001)


OT -- Chad Clifton (44, Green Bay, 2000) , Matt Light (48, New England, 2001)


G -- Chris Snee (34, New York Giants 2004), Eric Steinbach, (33, Cincinnati, 2003)


C -- Jeremy Newberry (58, San Francisco, 1998)


DE -- Michael Strahan, (40, New York Giants, 1993), Osi Umenyiora (56, New York Giants, 2003)


DT -- Shaun Rogers (61, Detroit, 2001), Kris Jenkins, (44, Carolina, 2001)


LB -- DeMeco Ryans (33, Houston, 2006), Mike Peterson (36, Indianapolis, 1999), Karlos Dansby (33, Arizona, 2004)


CB -- Dre' Bly (41, St. Louis, 1999), Rashean Mathis (37, Jacksonville, 2003)


S -- Brian Dawkins, (61, Philadelphia, 1996) Mike Brown (39, Chicago, 2000), Bob Sanders (44, Indianapolis, 2004).


P -- Todd Sauerbrun (56, Chicago, 1995)


K -- Mike Nugent (47, New York Jets, 2005)


Return -- Devin Hester (57, Chicago, 2006)


Dishonorable mention: Tank Johnson, (47, Chicago, 2004); Odell Thurman, (48, Cincinnati, 2005).

Jughead10 04-19-2007 03:57 PM

It looks like the Giants can draft DEs in round two pretty efficiently. Only one pick later and Kiwi would have been round 2 as well.

Geo 04-19-2007 03:59 PM

Karlos Dansby over Marcus Washington? No thank you.

M.O.T.H. 04-19-2007 04:06 PM

Lecharles Bentley
Sam Cowart
Patrick Surtain
Samari Rolle
Jamie Sharper
Tiki Barber
Corey Dillon
Sam Madison
Darren Sharper


That's off the top of my head... ha. :)

no joke, I used to know what round damn near every single player in the league was drafted in and what college they attended. Years of studying the draft and playing madden football games paying off. ha.

bsaza2358 04-19-2007 04:07 PM

Not a bad list or a bad effort. Still don't understand why it's relevant, but you put good work into it.

Jughead10 04-19-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. (Post 321733)
Lecharles Bentley
Sam Cowart
Patrick Surtain
Samari Rolle
Jamie Sharper
Tiki Barber
Corey Dillon
Sam Madison
Darren Sharper


That's off the top of my head... ha. :)

no joke, I used to know what round damn near every single player in the league was drafted in and what college they attended. Years of studying the draft and playing madden football games paying off. ha.

I think the original list is to field the best team to put on the field tomorrow. These additional names have been great in the past but aren't the best now.

Splat 04-19-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaza2358 (Post 321735)
Not a bad list or a bad effort. Still don't understand why it's relevant, but you put good work into it.

If you were talking to me I didn't make the list just posted the article.

M.O.T.H. 04-19-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 321744)
I think the original list is to field the best team to put on the field tomorrow. These additional names have been great in the past but aren't the best now.

yeah, i know... i just wanted to see if i still had it. :)

haha.

hugegmenfan 04-19-2007 05:01 PM

its a very giant-friendly all star team to say the last haha

SuperMcGee 04-19-2007 05:07 PM

I demand Aaron Schobel.

Im_a_Romosexual 04-19-2007 05:18 PM

No Larry Allen! PROTEST!!!!!!!!

Jughead10 04-19-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual (Post 322056)
No Larry Allen! PROTEST!!!!!!!!

Because unlike whoever votes for the pro bowl, this guy actually realizes that Larry Allen is no longer a top 5 guard in the league anymore.

255979119 04-19-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 322080)
Because unlike whoever votes for the pro bowl, this guy actually realizes that Larry Allen is no longer a top 5 guard in the league anymore.

And Favre is a top 5 QB?

AdrianWilson12 04-19-2007 05:41 PM

I posted this about a week ago. It wpuld seem we agree on most of the selections.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 (Post 306783)
Here is my current 2nd round dream team. One could argue that it is as good as the first round dream team. As far as ever goes I'd be hard pressed to go against Favre

QB - Brees
RB - Portis
WR - Boldin
WR - Johnson
TE - Crumpler
OT - McNeill
OT - Jansen
OG - Steinback
OG - Randy Thomas
C - Gurode
DE - Schobel
DE - Umenyiora
DT - Rogers
DT - Griffin
OLB - Dansby/Washingon
OLB - Ryans
MLB - Tatupu
CB - Lucas
CB - Mathis
FS - Dawkins
SS - Wilson


HawkeyeFan 04-19-2007 11:05 PM

Isaac Bruce anyone?

GB12 04-19-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 (Post 322153)
I posted this about a week ago. It wpuld seem we agree on most of the selections.

That is absolutely ridiculous putting Brees ahead of Favre. You could hate the Packers with passion, but that is crazy talk. 1 has won a SB and been to another, the other has not. 1 has 3 MVPs, the other 0. 1 has 414 TDs, the other 106. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

cardsalltheway 04-19-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12 (Post 323629)
That is absolutely ridiculous putting Brees ahead of Favre. You could hate the Packers with passion, but that is crazy talk. 1 has won a SB and been to another, the other has not. 1 has 3 MVPs, the other 0. 1 has 414 TDs, the other 106. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

I think he was going for a team that would be the best currently.

DaBears9654 04-19-2007 11:24 PM

KR -- Devin Hester (57, Chicago Bears, 2006)

After looking, I felt like a dork as they already included him.

255979119 04-19-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12 (Post 323629)
That is absolutely ridiculous putting Brees ahead of Favre. You could hate the Packers with passion, but that is crazy talk. 1 has won a SB and been to another, the other has not. 1 has 3 MVPs, the other 0. 1 has 414 TDs, the other 106. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

Maybe he was going with current abilities.

All time no doubt i'd go with Favre. But as of this moment Brees is in his prime, while Favre is at his decline.

GB12 04-19-2007 11:26 PM

Ah, got it.

Jughead10 04-19-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 255979119 (Post 322108)
And Favre is a top 5 QB?

Top two playing who were picked in the second round. Allen isn't even that.

Finsfan79 04-19-2007 11:50 PM

Jason Taylor for a second round DE ?

Simms OG for miami for a decade and pro bowler many times over was a 2nd rounder too

smittyjs 04-19-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. (Post 321733)
Lecharles Bentley
Sam Cowart
Patrick Surtain
Samari Rolle
Jamie Sharper
Tiki Barber
Corey Dillon
Sam Madison
Darren Sharper


That's off the top of my head... ha. :)

no joke, I used to know what round damn near every single player in the league was drafted in and what college they attended. Years of studying the draft and playing madden football games paying off. ha.

Samari Rolle shouldn't on a list of all pro palyers, if your looking at there last few seasons in the NFL.

RaiderNation 04-19-2007 11:53 PM

pretty good list

defensiveback23 04-20-2007 12:04 AM

He is still young but Marcus McNeill played very well. Another Charger that was a second rounder is Jamal Williams. He was a supplemental pick in 98'.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.