Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Weird interview questions (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7294)

steelersfan43 04-20-2007 06:06 PM

Weird interview questions
 
my sisteerr just had a job interview, for a hotel desk job mind you, and she was asked a werid/unanswerable question. It was " you are in seattle, you have a cup of coffee and a ruler, how do you figure out how tall the space needle is?"

Anyone know what your supposed to say to that?

Ps if there are any weird typos in this, my dog ran across the keybord and Im to lazy to see what happend.

snuff 04-20-2007 06:12 PM

if you are having coffee in Seattle so you are likely in a starbucks that has wifi internet meaning there should be someone that has a computer. Give them the cup of coffee and ask to borrow their computer in which you can google.

DChess 04-20-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersfan43 (Post 325573)
my sisteerr just had a job interview, for a hotel desk job mind you, and she was asked a werid/unanswerable question. It was " you are in seattle, you have a cup of coffee and a ruler, how do you figure out how tall the space needle is?"

Anyone know what your supposed to say to that?

Ps if there are any weird typos in this, my dog ran across the keybord and Im to lazy to see what happend.

well what they want is a prodcutive answer, i do not know the answer to this one, but one that is smilar to this is, you have book and a cell phone, and you have an hour, which one do you pick. the answer to that one is, you spend a half hour on the phone the other half reading.

DChess 04-20-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuff (Post 325594)
if you are having coffee in Seattle so you are likely in a starbucks that has wifi internet meaning there should be someone that has a computer. Give them the cup of coffee and ask to borrow their computer in which you can google.

yeah thats the type of answers they look for

steelersfan43 04-20-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DChess (Post 325601)
yeah thats the type of answers they look for


Hmm, interesting. Thanks mucho

ricky bobby 04-20-2007 06:16 PM

The answer is Cranberry sauce.

snuff 04-20-2007 06:16 PM

Why would you pick the book? You use the cellphone's internet especially if its a blackberry.

DChess 04-20-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuff (Post 325613)
Why would you pick the book? You use the cellphone's internet especially if its a blackberry.

i think they say you can talk on the phone, and lets pretend its not a blackberry

ricky bobby 04-20-2007 06:19 PM

The ruler is there to distract you. Just go to the top of the building. Open a window, and spill the hot coffee out the window. Then count how many mississippi's it takes before you hear a scream from somebody who got hot coffee all over themselves. I think all you is a little algebra after that.

soybean 04-20-2007 06:23 PM

here's one i heard before, ill post the question, then ill post the answer that got the guy the job:

You are driving your nice sports car that only has two seats. It is pouring outisde. You pass by a bus stop and see 3 people waiting for the bus. The three people were: a sick elderly woman, a loyal friend you haven't seen in years, and the woman of your dreams. Who do you give a ride to?

DChess 04-20-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 325641)
here's one i heard before, ill post the question, then ill post the answer that got the guy the job:

You are driving your nice sports car that only has two seats. It is pouring outisde. You pass by a bus stop and see 3 people waiting for the bus. The three people were: a sick elderly woman, a loyal friend you haven't seen in years, and the woman of your dreams. Who do you give a ride to?

you give the car to your best friend to take the old lady and walk away with the girl

soybean 04-20-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DChess (Post 325647)
you give the car to your best friend to take the old lady and walk away with the girl

i see you heard it before :D i think you're suppose to wait in the rain for the bus with the girl though.

ricky bobby 04-20-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 325641)
here's one i heard before, ill post the question, then ill post the answer that got the guy the job:

You are driving your nice sports car that only has two seats. It is pouring outisde. You pass by a bus stop and see 3 people waiting for the bus. The three people were: a sick elderly woman, a loyal friend you haven't seen in years, and the woman of your dreams. Who do you give a ride to?

One in the trunk, one on the roof, one in the car.

TitleTown088 04-20-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky bobby (Post 325623)
The ruler is there to distract you. Just go to the top of the building. Open a window, and spill the hot coffee out the window. Then count how many mississippi's it takes before you hear a scream from somebody who got hot coffee all over themselves. I think all you is a little algebra after that.


Physics......

TitleTown088 04-20-2007 06:29 PM

There is a man who walks home from work everyday goes to his apartment building and gets off the elevator at the 13 floor and walks to his apartment on the 26th floor. There is somthing abnormal about this man that forces him to to this? What is it?

soybean 04-20-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersfan43 (Post 325573)
my sisteerr just had a job interview, for a hotel desk job mind you, and she was asked a werid/unanswerable question. It was " you are in seattle, you have a cup of coffee and a ruler, how do you figure out how tall the space needle is?"

Anyone know what your supposed to say to that?

Ps if there are any weird typos in this, my dog ran across the keybord and Im to lazy to see what happend.


what was her answer?

DChess 04-20-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088 (Post 325667)
There is a man who walks home from work everyday goes to his apartment building and gets off at the 13 floor? There is somthing abnormal about this man that forces him to to this? What is it?

he's in a wheelchair

TitleTown088 04-20-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DChess (Post 325671)
he's in a wheelchair

I forgot to tell you he WALKS up the stairs from the 13 floor to his apartment on the 26th. sorry.

Caddy 04-20-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DChess (Post 325671)
he's in a wheelchair

He is a midget, can't reach any higher buttons in the elevator

steelersfan43 04-20-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088 (Post 325679)
I forgot to tell you he WALKS up the stairs from the 13 floor to his apartment on the 26th. sorry.

hes a midget and he cant hit any buttons higher then 13?

And yea if im right you said it wrong, its on his way to work, the high numbers are on the bottom...

TitleTown088 04-20-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 325686)
He is a midget, can't reach any higher buttons in the elevator

Yes sir. one point for you.

soybean 04-20-2007 06:36 PM

that wasnt really an interview question, more like a riddle.

DChess 04-20-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 325694)
that wasnt really an interview question, more like a riddle.

yeah, that was a riddle

soybean 04-20-2007 06:38 PM

that midget is an idiot, if he did that everyday, i would just carry a stick with me. Whether you're in shape or out of shape, 13 flight of stairs is a lot.

ricky bobby 04-20-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 325704)
that midget is an idiot, if he did that everyday, i would just carry a stick with me. Whether you're in shape or out of shape, 13 flight of stairs is a lot.

He should work on his verticle jump.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.