Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bill Romanowski (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731)

The Legend 08-18-2006 03:01 AM

Bill Romanowski

Heres a video on how he end peoples careers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxAfwOwOQg4

Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPalrHiWug

4 Superbowl Wins
was in 5 Superbowls
2 time pro bowler (due to being a dirty player)
Romanowski had played in 243 consecutive games
1110+ Tackles
40 Sacks
20 Ints
16 FF
17 FR
and had the most total tackles in superbowl history (being there 5 time helps)

he has play'd 17 years will he ever make the Hall of Fame? (with his background?)

Gunz

Paranoidmoonduck 08-18-2006 03:23 AM

I think probably not. He has won a lot of Superbowls, but that doesn't carry as much weight as it does with, say, quarterbacks. He was never really a totally dominating player, and that'll keep him out of the Hall.

The Legend 08-18-2006 04:11 AM

i think because half of the world hates him

UbBulls 08-18-2006 05:43 AM

no, didnt he admit to using steroids?

RyanLeaf#1 08-18-2006 07:32 AM

I definitely think he should he is one of my favorite players of all time. He was a god damn beast.

bearsfan_51 08-18-2006 08:23 AM

Romo could have been an ordained minister and he still wouldn't deserve it. If anything his antics gained him more attention than he deserved. Some of you really don't understand how hard it is to be into the HOF. They don't take "good" players, which is what Romo was.

And yes, the fact that he was likely a junkie doesn't help either.

Vince Lombardi 08-18-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UbBulls

yea he admitted to taking steroids, combine that with him being one of the dirtiest players ever and I say he doesn't deserve to be in.

The Great Jonathan Vilma 08-18-2006 12:16 PM

no he won't make it. solid player, not HOF material though

diabsoule 08-18-2006 01:42 PM

He's a good player but I don't think he'll make it because of his alleged steroid use and my personal opinion is that I don't want anyone like that in the NFL Hall of Fame.

The Legend 08-18-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Quote:

Originally Posted by UbBulls

yea he admitted to taking steroids, combine that with him being one of the dirtiest players ever and I say he doesn't deserve to be in.

he said he took it for his last 3 seasons

nobodyinparticular 08-18-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Romo could have been an ordained minister and he still wouldn't deserve it. If anything his antics gained him more attention than he deserved. Some of you really don't understand how hard it is to be into the HOF. They don't take "good" players, which is what Romo was.

Exactly. I might even go so far as to say that Romo was a very good player, but even then, Hall of Fame is a special class all in itself. I loved Romo's fire on the Raiders, hated him as a Bronco and respect him as a player, but he's just not good enough to make it.

The Legend 08-18-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:

Exactly. I might even go so far as to say that Romo was a very good player, but even then, Hall of Fame is a special class all in itself. I loved Romo's fire on the Raiders, hated him as a Bronco and respect him as a player, but he's just not good enough to make it.

romo is freaky - but so kool - lol did you see that kid eye ouch

effthiskid11 08-18-2006 06:55 PM

Obviously no one in here has been assaulted, I watched that video and I felt soo bad for that guy's career he ended, do you realize what he went thru?? I hate the guy, even if he was a model citizen his whole career, which he was on the other end of the spectrum, between cheating (steroids) and how dirty he was and just had this one incident I'd still hate him. If he gets into the HOF ill lose all respect for the people who vote for the HOF members

Denver Bronco99 08-18-2006 10:57 PM

tacking the steriods out i think just becuase he was dirty...should not automatically take him out of HOF voting...while i know he took steroids....that is why i wouldnt vote him in...but its just like Bob Hayes..he isnt in the Hall becuase after his playing carrer he was convicted with coke.....

HOF should be about the ONFIELD play..and romo and hayes were both very good players...

08-18-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:

Quote:

romo is freaky - but so kool - lol did you see that kid eye ouch

I didnt think it was cool at all he permantly damaged the guy. Romo is and always has been a complete dickhead.

elway777 08-18-2006 11:15 PM

I'll never forgive him for what he did to Shannan Sharpe,even if Sharpe was on the Ravens at the time.

Jonathan_VIlma 08-19-2006 02:35 AM

LoL. Someone on that youtube video said he was the "best linebacker to ever play the game."

TCU 08-19-2006 03:13 AM

I think he will be there he shouldnt

steelersfan43 08-19-2006 04:39 AM

hes to bad of a person to get voted in imo

raiderfan_89 08-19-2006 05:36 AM

what is sad and true is that if he wouldn't have the background he has, yes,he would make it,easily,maybe 3rd-4th ballot , he would make it,but with that background no,no way in hell.

Stats 08-19-2006 07:53 AM

He's not a HOF quality player. Never once was he the best defensive player on a team. He was always a good LB. A good team player. But that's not good enough to get you in the Hall.

nobodyinparticular 08-19-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
tacking the steriods out i think just becuase he was dirty...should not automatically take him out of HOF voting...while i know he took steroids....that is why i wouldnt vote him in...but its just like Bob Hayes..he isnt in the Hall becuase after his playing carrer he was convicted with coke.....

HOF should be about the ONFIELD play..and romo and hayes were both very good players...

Very good doesn't get you into the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame is reserved for playes all in their own class. Romo was good, but he wasn't in a class all his own.

portermvp84 08-19-2006 11:29 AM

Romo was a leader. You can't take that away from him. He did live on the edge, and did some dirty things some people might not like. However, in my opinion this guy was a great football player and loved the game. My answer to the question though is "No but should."

draftguru151 08-19-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56

Very good doesn't get you into the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame is reserved for playes all in their own class. Romo was good, but he wasn't in a class all his own.

This isn't the hall of very good, it's the hall of fame.

eacantdraft 08-22-2006 07:35 AM

Romanowski was not considered a serious candidate for the Hall of Fame before his steroid scandals.

The guy was a punk who should be Bubba's lover in prison.