Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Greatest Play Ever? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7482)

JK17 04-22-2007 11:17 PM

Greatest Play Ever?

So with the greatest player ever thread going on, I thought I would pose the question of what you guys thought was the greatest single play ever in NFL history...
Two of my favorites are "the catch" and the "immaculate reception" with the edge goin to the "immaculate reception"...of course there are other great ones those are just my favorites...

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

WMD 04-22-2007 11:21 PM

The Music City Miracle wasn't too shabby...

JK17 04-22-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lions WMD (Post 331696)
The Music City Miracle wasn't too shabby...

Another good one...
I remember watching that when I was younger and seeing everyone in the room I was watching it at each others' throats over whether or not it was a forward latteral.

America 04-22-2007 11:22 PM

Recently, Randy Moss' catch and pitch back was pretty awesome. There are so many great ones, but that one is in my head right now.

JoeMontainya 04-22-2007 11:23 PM

Currently on the best damn sports show, they are doing the top 50 football plays ever. The Loyola kickoff return is one of my favorites.

CrackerJack465 04-22-2007 11:28 PM

THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD!!!!

You all know what im talking about =D

That was def pretty nice

I can put like 2 or 3 plays from that Boise State vs Oklahoma game in my top 10 too.

PalmerToCJ 04-22-2007 11:29 PM

Yeah I'm enjoying the top 50 plays, some sweet ones in there that I forgot about.

I was surprised the Boise St. one wasn't higher but I guess if that took place in the middle of a game it would've been great but not nearly as good as it was in that situation.

zoinks 04-22-2007 11:31 PM

Antonio Freeman's stop-drop-and-roll-tip-drill catch against the Vikings was pretty darned unbelievable.....he was sliding face down on the ground, the ball hit him square in the back.....and yet somehow he still made the catch and ran it in for the TD. (And if I'm not mistaken, it won the game for the Packers....might have been in OT).

JK17 04-22-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ (Post 331724)
Yeah I'm enjoying the top 50 plays, some sweet ones in there that I forgot about.

I was surprised the Boise St. one wasn't higher but I guess if that took place in the middle of a game it would've been great but not nearly as good as it was in that situation.

Yeah, there's also a lot of smaller high school, not-well-known college plays that I have't seen on the show either, glad I just turned it on...

WMD 04-22-2007 11:39 PM

If we aren't limiting this to the NFL...

Had Tyler Ecker not completely screwed it up.. Michigan's play against Nebraska would have been the best play of all time.. but Tyler Ecker is an idiot.. I believe he had Steve Breaston right behind him, he could've tossed it back.. UGH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEXBPwF9_g

JK17 04-22-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lions WMD (Post 331765)

Had Tyler Ecker not completely screwed it up.. Michigan's play against Nebraska would have been the best play of all time.. but Tyler Ecker is an idiot.. I believe he had Steve Breaston right behind him, he could've tossed it back.. UGH.

What's sad with that play is the bunch of players you see just standing around not doing everything they can to help the team...even if you think the play is over, you gotta keep trying to pull it out.

sodar21 04-22-2007 11:42 PM

Most of the best football plays were in college football. NFL has a few good ones but not many.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 04-22-2007 11:43 PM

Jay Cutler's TD to Javon Walker against Arizona.

Well, that was a great throw, but honestly, the Saints play has to be up there. The missed extra point might make it better. Lol.

Chucky 04-22-2007 11:44 PM

NOt the best but should be mentioned is when Lavar was still in college, and he like jumped over two 0linman and made the tackle, that was sick

iowatreat54 04-22-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK17 (Post 331780)
What's sad with that play is the bunch of players you see just standing around not doing everything they can to help the team...even if you think the play is over, you gotta keep trying to pull it out.

plus if you watch the replay...one of the guys who tackles/knocks him out of bounds actually came from off the bench...

neko4 04-22-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoinks (Post 331731)
Antonio Freeman's stop-drop-and-roll-tip-drill catch against the Vikings was pretty darned unbelievable.....he was sliding face down on the ground, the ball hit him square in the back.....and yet somehow he still made the catch and ran it in for the TD. (And if I'm not mistaken, it won the game for the Packers....might have been in OT).

yes it was the most beutiful play ever

PalmerToCJ 04-22-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 331794)
NOt the best but should be mentioned is when Lavar was still in college, and he like jumped over two 0linman and made the tackle, that was sick

Yeah that one was like teens or twenties, pretty sick... Ahmad Brooks had a sweet one just like it.

They just showed Antonio Freemans catch on MNF where it bounced off his shoulder, I still remember that one. I was almost asleep and I hear Al Micheals screaming and see how amazing it was.

JK17 04-22-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutlerChris (Post 331791)
Jay Cutler's TD to Javon Walker against Arizona.

Well, that was a great throw, but honestly, the Saints play has to be up there. The missed extra point might make it better. Lol.

that was an instant classic....especially with how consistent Carney had been throughout his career on extra points...

neko4 04-22-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lions WMD (Post 331765)

Avant
Manningham
Breaston
Hart
Ecker
Its like a list of the best offensive players for Michigan over the last 2-3 years all in one play

TACKLE 04-22-2007 11:58 PM

Gotta go with the immaculate reception.

Ewing 04-23-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Keith: "Do the Titans have a miracle left in them in what has been a magical season to this point? If they do, they need it now. Christie kicks it high and short. Gonna be fielded by Lorenzo Neal at the 25; he dishes it back to Wycheck; he throws it across the field to Dyson..."

Ryan: "He's got somethin'..."

Keith: "30, 40..."

Ryan: "He's got somethin'..."

Keith: "50, 40.."

Ryan: "He's got it! He's got it!"

Keith (voice volume increasing): "30, 20.."

Ryan: "He's got it!"

Keith: "10, 5, endzone...touchdown, Titans! There are no flags on the field! It's a miracle! Tennessee has pulled a miracle! A miracle for the Titans!"
Homerific as all hell but I just can't say anything else.

49erfaithful 04-23-2007 12:12 AM

a homer pick

"the catch"

"the season, an outcome of a superbowl berth hangs in the balance..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9Vc4ssFHk

WMD 04-23-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 331837)
Avant
Manningham
Breaston
Hart
Ecker
Its like a list of the best offensive players for Michigan over the last 2-3 years all in one play

Ecker should be banned from every Michigan event ever.. and never wear the colors Maize and Blue again.

neko4 04-23-2007 12:18 AM

I love how football is like a story if ya know what i mean. Its almost like it has its own history and if in 1000 years the only history that people could find in this world is Starr's QB sneak in the ice bowl, Clark's catch, the Music City Miracle and Vinatieri's kick in the snow then I would be just fine w/ that. Abrupt comment but I wanted to say it

JK17 04-23-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 331953)
I love how football is like a story if ya know what i mean. Its almost like it has its own history and if in 1000 years the only history that people could find in this world is Starr's QB sneak in the ice bowl, Clark's catch, the Music City Miracle and Vinatieri's kick in the snow then I would be just fine w/ that. Abrupt comment but I wanted to say it

That would make for one interesting history class in a thousand years, I know that...