Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752)

jsagan77 08-25-2006 09:11 PM

Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

This is a tough question. I ask you to relinquish all homerism and make an unbiased decision.

The Unseen 08-25-2006 09:13 PM

Giants. Not a hard decision for me. The only glaring question is QB, which can be improved with experience.

jsagan77 08-25-2006 09:14 PM

I don't think that the Giants have a ? at QB, Eli is great...

Dillen 08-25-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsagan77

Yeah, him and his 51% completion with like 15 picks.

jsagan77 08-25-2006 09:16 PM

in his first starting year??? That is pretty damn good considering he led the highest scoring offense..

The Unseen 08-25-2006 09:16 PM

He can throw yards and TDs, but he has trouble completing passes, and to the right people. That can be corrected with time and experience.

Number 10 08-25-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

No he's not.

jsagan77 08-25-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:

No he's not.

I'll trade you.. Strait up, Brunell for Eli??

Number 10 08-25-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:

No he's not.

I'll trade you.. Strait up, Brunell for Eli??

Eli is better than Brunell, yes. But he is not a great QB yet.

Smooth Criminal 08-25-2006 09:37 PM

I'll take the Giants here. They have a very good line, a great TE, good tall reciever, a powerful runningback and a QB that should improve into a great QB this year.

Basileus777 08-25-2006 09:57 PM

Its between the Skins and Giants, but I'd give the edge to the Giants. Brunell is more of a question mark than Eli, and Portis' injury concerns leaave the Skins offense in doubt.

JustJoe2k5 08-25-2006 10:20 PM

Washington Redskins probably have the most talent on offense, but the New York Giants will likely be better because they have chemistry.

Redskins will have to play without Clinton Portis for a few games and have two new wide receivers to work into the offense.

Giants have basically the same offense and Eli Manning has one more offseason of practice with them.

draftguru151 08-25-2006 11:24 PM

Redskins and I don't think it is close. They have possible the best OL in the league, and the best OT duo if nothing else. Brunell had a pro bowl caliber season last year. The have a good trio of WRs in Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd. Cooley is a great TE, and Sellers is a very good FB. Oh yea, and I forgot they have a top 5 RB (if not higher) in Clinton Portis.

jsagan77 08-25-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Redskins and I don't think it is close. They have possible the best OL in the league, and the best OT duo if nothing else. Brunell had a pro bowl caliber season last year. The have a good trio of WRs in Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd. Cooley is a great TE, and Sellers is a very good FB. Oh yea, and I forgot they have a top 5 RB (if not higher) in Clinton Portis.

You forgot TJ Duckett, Christian Fauria, and David Patten..

Number 10 08-25-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151

You forgot TJ Duckett, Christian Fauria, and David Patten..

No he didn't. :lol:

I think the Redskins offense is a notch below both the Giants and Cowboys.

bearsfan_51 08-26-2006 12:49 AM

The Cowboys could easily be the best or the worst, their offense is in that much flux.

For the record I voted Giants, they have a nice blend of run and pass.

cunningham06 08-26-2006 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen
He can throw yards and TDs, but he has trouble completing passes, and to the right people. That can be corrected with time and experience.

Exactly, as of right now Manning last season was somewhat Collinsesque last season, putting up lots of yardage with low accuracy and without a great td/int ratio.

M.O.T.H. 08-26-2006 01:17 AM

I dont expect Eli to be any better this year, in fact I think he will be the Giants downfall. From what I've seen in preseason, Eli doesnt look to be anymore accurate than he was last season.

slightlyaraiderfan 08-26-2006 01:36 AM

Re: Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

Quote:

This is a tough question. I ask you to relinquish all homerism and make an unbiased decision.

That's like asking me to stop being so dang awesome, it's just not going to happen.

Ward 08-26-2006 11:23 AM

IMO the team with the best line has the best potential offense. So I vote Washington.

08-26-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward
IMO the team with the best line has the best potential offense. So I vote Washington.

Thats who I voted for, with that O-Line, their RB, their 3 good recievers and an above average QB, they get my nod.

Geo 08-26-2006 11:47 AM

Re: Which NFC east has the BEST offensive unit as a whole?

Right now, you have to say it's the Giants.

The Redskins have a chance to usurp them with their talent and Al Saunders, but it remains to be seen if things come to together and work as the season progresses.

I wouldn't count out the Eagles from making a push, but the WRs would have to step up when called upon to do so, not to mention Brian Westbrook staying healthy.

Between their OL and Totally Obnoxious, I don't like the 'Boys chances of moving above the bottom half of this list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
That's like asking me to stop being so dang awesome, it's just not going to happen.

Vikes99ej 08-26-2006 11:54 AM

I'd say the Redskins. Portis, Moss, and Cooley make for a pretty good offense.

bigbluedefense 08-26-2006 11:58 AM

Im going to go with the Giants, then the Redskins in 2nd place. The skins have the best oline, but I think their WR set is a bit exaggerrated. Lloyd isn't that great at all, and Randle El is a glorified slot receiver. Al Saunders is vastly overrated (I have yet to see a coordinator run or catch a ball), I don't see how he is going to vastly improve a unit that was already pretty good.

I have concerns with Brunell's durability. And quite frankly, the skins first unit offense hasn't looked good at all in preseason. I think they have the best young RB of this group in Portis, but for this year alone I think Portis and Barber are equivalents. 2 years from now its Portis easy, but this year, its a tie or Barber gets the edge. Moss is a stud, but again, I have concerns about their qb. The oline is easily the best, followed by Philly's.

I expect Eli Manning to prove all the haters wrong and make the leap this year, Shockey is the best TE in the division imo, followed by Witten, Burress is solid, im not as high on him as others but he's still good. Toomer is a great possession receiver and Carter/Moss will stretch the defense. Ultimately its a tie talent wise, with the Giants getting an edge because I take Eli any day over Brunell. Even if Eli doesn't improve, the Eli of now is still better than the Brunell of now. But I highly doubt you won't see an improvement from Eli. He has a lot of haters, and I can't wait until he proves all of them wrong. Ive never seen a young qb get so much hate in my life.

The Unseen 08-26-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Ive never seen a young qb get so much hate in my life.
Maybe you should come to Jacksonville. Leftwich gets so much crap it's ridiculous.