Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Koren Robinson sign'd with Green Bay (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764)

The Legend 09-04-2006 06:59 PM

Koren Robinson sign'd with Green Bay

he came to packers for a visit Sunday & Monday and is said to leave happy and expecting a deal (most probably a 1 year deal)

Reason why he would join the packers

1. Ted Thompson (GM) [when he was with the Seahawks]- was who wanted Koren and pick him

2. Robinson came for the visit and spent the whole sunday with favre

3. Robinson wants some revenge on the Vikings (Twice a Year) [aka LaVar & Owens]

4. packers only have 4 wideouts on there roster right now

5. packers does not have a kick returner and were last in the leage in return yards

The Unseen 09-04-2006 07:01 PM

So does this mean that he won't be suspended?

The Legend 09-04-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen

no he wil not be (because i think NFLTA would have said that)

MossRandleElLloyd 09-04-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:

huh? I don't get how he wouldnt be suspended?

The Legend 09-04-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MossRandleElLloyd
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:

huh? I don't get how he wouldnt be suspended?

but i guess hes not suspended

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Schefter
And there's a familiarity between Green Bay's front office and Robinson. Packers general manager Ted Thompson, director of college scouting John Dorsey and personnel analyst to the general manager John Schneider were with the Seahawks when they used their first-round pick on Robinson. The Packers brain trust knows Robinson, and appears to be debating the merits of signing him, despite the legal problems that now are confronting him.

Earlier this summer, the Minnesota Vikings cut Robinson after he was arrested and charged with drunken driving and fleeing police. It was Robinson's latest brush with the law, but not enough to dissuade Green Bay from arranging a tryout with the talented but troubled wideout.

bearsfan_51 09-04-2006 07:16 PM

What? Of course he could still be suspended. Just because they brought him in for a talk that means he won't be suspended? I'm pretty sure he'll miss at least the first 4 games.

GB12 09-04-2006 07:20 PM

they tried to get him last year but the vikings resigned him. Im not sure if I want him or not at this point

TitleTown088 09-04-2006 07:31 PM

I'd be surprised if he did, but if he did the packers recivers would be pretty solid.

but i still dont understand how he would not be suspended.

XxXdragonXxX 09-04-2006 07:49 PM

He has to be convicted of drunk driving before he gets suspended...

Anyone know when he goes on trial?

TitleTown088 09-04-2006 07:59 PM

just read on packers news that koren will not be prosicuted until after the 2006 season and this means that the nfl officials will not be able to punish him until after the season is over.... so i dunnno what to think?

jackalope 09-04-2006 08:05 PM

i don't want us to sign him. Thompson said he wants "packer people", and i don't see Robinson as a packer person.

jkpigskin 09-04-2006 08:35 PM

revenge??? revenge for wat... the vikings are the ones that gave him a 2nd chance and gave him a new contract.... the vikings should be the one talking abut revenge

09-04-2006 08:43 PM

The packers would be really dumb to sign him. He seems like someone that just wont learn.

DHVF 09-04-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpigskin
revenge??? revenge for wat... the vikings are the ones that gave him a 2nd chance and gave him a new contract.... the vikings should be the one talking abut revenge

Thank you, as I was about to say the same exact thing.

TimD 09-04-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
The packers would be really dumb to sign him. He seems like someone that just wont learn.

yeh exactly i hate how everyone gets like second, third, forth chances... if they blow it its over

09-04-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangini for pres
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21

yeh exactly i hate how everyone gets like second, third, forth chances... if they blow it its over

What is it his 3rd or 4th time?

Romarville 09-04-2006 10:29 PM

That would make well over his third chance. If anyone were to sign him, I would feel deeply sorry for their fans. I wish that he was back on track, but I can't see him ever getting his stuff together. Isn't there a possibilty that he could face jail time since he violated his probation?

09-04-2006 10:47 PM

The way I see it, so he has a problem with alcohol.... yeah so does the whole state of wisconsin.

This last time he only blew a .11 BAC... a large number of people drive to work the next day and could still blow a .11! Sign him and let him assimilate into the Wisconsin population

Romarville 09-04-2006 10:52 PM

I guess if you hate Aaron Rodgers then it's a good idea.

09-04-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romarville
I guess if you hate Aaron Rodgers then it's a good idea.

what? how does that have anything to do with it?

Romarville 09-04-2006 10:56 PM

It usually helps to have a receiver who can catch the ball in the development of a QB. Hawks' fans have plenty of experience with his dropped passes.

09-04-2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romarville
It usually helps to have a receiver who can catch the ball in the development of a QB. Hawks' fans have plenty of experience with his dropped passes.

Well considering he would be the 5th WR....

**edit- He might be able to work up to the 4th... maybe even 3rd spot (but if he does get the 3rd spot... we have bigger problems then Koren)

Romarville 09-04-2006 11:12 PM

I don't think that any locker room needs the headaches that Koren would bring. One could say the same for Peter Warrick who just got cut. Good talent, I thought he was gonna make the team, but his attitude was poor and now he's crying to the media in Florida.

09-04-2006 11:43 PM

Now I have to hate him even more.

The Legend 09-05-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpigskin

Thank you, as I was about to say the same exact thing.

by revenage i mean everyone love to beat there old team (look at sharper he could have went to the ravens and the falcons but he pick the viking to stay vs his old team)