Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   MMA Discussion Thread - SPOILERS! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=773)

ccB 09-12-2006 05:17 PM

MMA Discussion Thread - NO SPOILERS!

Did anyone watch this? I just got done watching it and let me say it was probably one of the greatest PPV's ive ever saw. Cro Cop completely demolished Wanderlei Silva like ive never seen any one do before. Nog vs Barnett was a great fight and Cro Cop taking out Barnett for the title was exactly whaat i wanted to see! Cro Cop was who i was riding with the whole time and he pulled it out.

:twisted: Right Kick Hospital....Left Kick Cementary...WAR CRO-COP!!! :twisted:

slightlyaraiderfan 09-12-2006 05:44 PM

I have to see this.

ccB 09-12-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
I have to see this.

Yes you do.

slightlyaraiderfan 09-12-2006 05:56 PM

You and nerv are always saying it's better than UFC, so it better live up to the hype!

ccB 09-12-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
You and nerv are always saying it's better than UFC, so it better live up to the hype!

Believe me it will. Not one fight on the card was dissapointing.

UKfan 09-12-2006 06:06 PM

Just caught the Cro Cop Silva fight, I almost felt bad for Silva, he just looked totally outgunned against the bigger man, and that kick was something else!

Rob S 09-12-2006 06:11 PM

Silva fougt like a champ tho. The guy has heart, and he is just too small for cro cop. and PRIDE is much better than UFC at the higher weights SARF, not even close.

UKfan 09-12-2006 06:14 PM

Yeah Silva did show heart for sure, just the height/weight difference left him outgunned like I say, always an uphill battle for him.

ccB 09-12-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKfan
Yeah Silva did show heart for sure, just the height/weight difference left him outgunned like I say, always an uphill battle for him.

Silva actually weighed more than Cro Cop in the fight....

UKfan 09-12-2006 06:23 PM

Really? I didnt see the weigh ins, just the fight on youtube and assumed since Cro Cop looked bigger, my bad...

Rob S 09-12-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:

Silva actually weighed more than Cro Cop in the fight....

he is still the smaller man. Cro Cop is all muscle while I think Silva worried too much about putting on weight for the tourney and did it the wrong way.

Rob S 09-12-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Really? I didnt see the weigh ins, just the fight on youtube and assumed since Cro Cop looked bigger, my bad...

still u cant look just at weight, cro cop is the bigger, stronger man

UKfan 09-12-2006 06:25 PM

Yeah, thats the point I was trying to put across, cheers Rob.

ccB 09-12-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:

still u cant look just at weight, cro cop is the bigger, stronger man

Yeah but alot of times hwen i guys all muscle like that he comes out real slow IE James Thompson. So wandy shoulda been able to capitalize on with Quickness. Lets not forget we are talkin about one of the most dominant fighters in the world who took it to a decision with Cro Cop once before. Its not like he was completely overmatched. One of my favorite fights ever just seeing Wandy get demolished makes you realize hes human.

ccB 09-12-2006 06:42 PM

Was anyone else impressed with Shoguns opponent. I thought he was just gonna be some can but he looked pretty good on his feet before he got his head stomped a couple times. I'd like to see him fight again.

BTW

SHOGUN IS BACK!!!

UKfan 09-12-2006 06:42 PM

I haven't seen the Nogueira v Barnett fight yet, I've heard some say that it is a clear win for Barnett and some say Nog should have won, thoughts? Nog is one of my favourite guys so I'd hate to hear he was screwed, what's everyones thoughts on that fight?

UKfan 09-12-2006 06:43 PM

I hate that Pride isn't shown in the UK live :( This even will be on over here next year probably.

ccB 09-12-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen the Nogueira v Barnett fight yet, I've heard some say that it is a clear win for Barnett and some say Nog should have won, thoughts? Nog is one of my favourite guys so I'd hate to hear he was screwed, what's everyones thoughts on that fight?

It was split could have easily went either way. I wouldnt say Nog got robbed but if he would have won I wouldnt say Barnett got robbed either. I was kind of bummed out i wanted to see Nog vs Cro Cop

UKfan 09-12-2006 06:46 PM

Ok thanks man, I'll have to find it on youtube or something.

ccB 09-12-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

You really should it was probably the best fight on the card from a technical standpoint. Great ground skills we shown. Classic fight IMO

Ravens1991 09-12-2006 08:22 PM

I once saw a pride match and this guy went for a tackle and got kneed in the face and got knocked out, interesting to say the least.

Rob S 09-12-2006 08:24 PM

My boy Shogun is indeed back. Hopefully he will fight Arona next and KO him again.

Rob S 09-12-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You really should it was probably the best fight on the card from a technical standpoint. Great ground skills we shown. Classic fight IMO

yeh, it was a sweet fight from a technical aspect. If u appreciate the science of fighting, then u will love the fight.

ccB 09-12-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Quote:

Quote:

yeh, it was a sweet fight from a technical aspect. If u appreciate the science of fighting, then u will love the fight.

If you know nothing about great ground skills watching that fight would be a great place to start. Both fighters show 2 completely different styles almost to perfection.

Nerv 09-14-2006 03:34 AM

So sad to see Cro Cop demolish my two favorite Pride guys. I thought the Snake looked very good and he clearly had an advantage on his feet against SHOGUN, basically nobody in the world can do that, if he improves his wrestling & ground game he could be a force.

What is with Alistair Overeem? He continues to lose fights on odd tap outs and having the towel thrown in. This guy has all the physical ability in the world and is an explosive fighter but he seems a bit soft and mentally weak. When things start to go bad for him he folds quickly and often isnt in good enough shape, Im a fan of his and would like to see him right.

How about Cyborg? He looked absolutely vicious out there, standing up he took it right to his pro boxer opponent then showed off his ground and jiu jitsu abilities that everyone said he didnt have. Training with Chute Boxe now is really going to help his overall game.