Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Take Your Pick: Bush versus Williams Predictions: (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794)

Shiver 09-26-2006 10:24 PM

Take Your Pick: Bush versus Williams Predictions:

Who gets his "first big play"? Reggie Bush doesn't have a touchdown, Mario Williams doesn't have a sack, who breaks through first?

Things to think about:

Culpepper has been sacked 15 time thus far in three games, eight coming from the edge.

The Carolina Panthers have allowed only one touchdown to a Running Back.

The Fat Kid 09-26-2006 10:28 PM

i'll say same week

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 09-26-2006 10:30 PM

Mario

bearfan 09-26-2006 10:31 PM

Mario

steelersfan43 09-26-2006 11:25 PM

It would be alot easier for mario to get a sack then reggie to get a td.

09-26-2006 11:28 PM

too hard of a question.

P-L 09-26-2006 11:35 PM

Neither happens this week. Seriously, I'm not saying that just because it is not an option, but I think neither gets one.

Flyboy 09-26-2006 11:45 PM

Eh. I say Mario getting the sack.

Shiver 09-27-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Neither happens this week. Seriously, I'm not saying that just because it is not an option, but I think neither gets one.

It's not an option because "neither" is for pussies, same for "push" in over/under and "50%" in oddsmakers.

Windy 09-27-2006 12:55 AM

mario will be better than bush. mario is the next omar gooding

moc182 09-27-2006 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Uno

Bush = Donnie Jeffcoat

The Unseen 09-27-2006 06:16 AM

Both. Reggie catches one, Mario brings down Culpepper on the edge of the pocket.

portermvp84 09-27-2006 03:37 PM

I was suprised when the saints beat the Falcons.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 09-27-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Uno

As in Morris L. Tibbs?

LSU Man 09-27-2006 04:39 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats a good one. Morris L Tibbs :lol: :lol: . That was great. But you could also say that one guy that related to Cuba Gooding

danman253 09-27-2006 05:08 PM

Mario gets a sack first.

P-L 09-27-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions

It's not an option because "neither" is for pussies, same for "push" in over/under and "50%" in oddsmakers.

Ok, I think Reggie gets the TD first. I say he gets a TD against Tampa and Mario won't get his sack until the Dallas game. But I'd say Mario has a better chance of getting a sack this week than Bush does a TD.

I'mAHustler 09-28-2006 07:28 AM

Mario is going to get his first sack against my team the Dolphins :(

It's inevitable with our terrible offensive line.

bigbluedefense 09-28-2006 11:29 AM

Mario Williams needs a mentor in the worst way. He needs that older established DE that can teach him the ins and outs of the position. They shouldve hired Hugh Douglass as a personal DE coach to Williams. He'd be a great mentor, and I think Williams production would dramatically increase with the help of an experienced DE. Coaches can only do so much, he needs a guy who's played the position and played it at a high level to teach him the little things.

Look at what Strahan has done for Kiwi already. Imagine if Williams had a mentor like that.

And to answer the question...Williams gets a sack first.

slightlyaraiderfan 09-28-2006 12:14 PM

Easier to get a sack, so i'll have to lean towards Mario.

Shiver 09-28-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Mario Williams needs a mentor in the worst way. He needs that older established DE that can teach him the ins and outs of the position. They shouldve hired Hugh Douglass as a personal DE coach to Williams. He'd be a great mentor, and I think Williams production would dramatically increase with the help of an experienced DE. Coaches can only do so much, he needs a guy who's played the position and played it at a high level to teach him the little things.

Look at what Strahan has done for Kiwi already. Imagine if Williams had a mentor like that.

I agree with what you said. Watching him play, his only flaw is his technique. Once he learns how to use his hands, watch out. A veteran mentor will help him a lot.

Splat 09-28-2006 12:44 PM

Mario Who? :lol:

P-L 09-28-2006 01:01 PM

Idk, Mario isn't playing well at all so far. In fact, Gary Kubiak ripped into him after Sunday's game saying how he isn't performing up to his abilities. That could have motivated him, but he really isn't going all that much.

Ward 09-28-2006 01:37 PM

The sack will come first. Houston plays Miami, New Orleans plays Carolina. Nufced.

The Legend 09-30-2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

image the same thing with Favre & Rodgers

and im gonna say bush get a TD this week and mario finsh the season with out one

i know its gonna be hard to belive and its only a guess but remember smith got a TD in his last game

and i dont even see that happening with mario