Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Jason David To The Saints : Done Deal (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7948)

Ronnie23 04-26-2007 09:42 AM

Jason David To The Saints : Done Deal

The Colts didn't Match the Offer Sheet. They Will Receive a 4th rounder

www.nfl.com

Adam Shefter Reported this News

Flyboy 04-26-2007 09:44 AM

This could have went into the Free Agency thread, but this is a good pickup for us and a great upgrade at the position. Definitely could change our draft strategy as well.

asmitty45 04-26-2007 12:19 PM

doe this change the saints first round?

Flyboy 04-26-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmitty45 (Post 345666)
doe this change the saints first round?

It means we now have the luxury of taking the BPA whether it be WR, DT, or LB and addressing the CB position in the later rounds. I'm still hoping out for Chris Houston or Aaron Ross, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Robert Meachem, Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Justin Harrell, David Harrell, Lawrence Timmons, Jon Beason, or Paul Poslunzsy now.

bsaza2358 04-26-2007 12:46 PM

I am going to ask a mod to merge this thread with the FA thread.

diabsoule 04-26-2007 01:43 PM

I think with this signing it definitely changes our draft strategy. We now have a legitimate #2 cornerback to play opposite of Mike McKenzie. Now, we look at which position it is that we need the most help at and then address it by which players fall to us. We no longer need to move on a cornerback just because he's there. We ccould either go linebacker, wide receiver, defensive tackle, or cornerback, along with Greg Olsen if he falls to our pick.

Flyboy 04-26-2007 02:17 PM

Regardless of getting David, I'm still hoping for us to select Aaron Ross or Chris Houston.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan 04-26-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 346004)
I think with this signing it definitely changes our draft strategy. We now have a legitimate #2 cornerback to play opposite of Mike McKenzie. Now, we look at which position it is that we need the most help at and then address it by which players fall to us. We no longer need to move on a cornerback just because he's there. We ccould either go linebacker, wide receiver, defensive tackle, or cornerback, along with Greg Olsen if he falls to our pick.

The only problem is, Mike McKenzie isn't a legitimate #1 cornerback.

TigerBait45 04-26-2007 04:33 PM

Hes played pretty well.

Anyway, this changes the draft completely. I don't think Any of the big 4 corners will be around when we pick, but I think we could still use a CB pretty early (McCauley in the 2nd?); the 1st pick is now definitely BPA.

If he falls to 27, Greg Olsen is the guy. Otherwise I'd say Puz or Harrell..maybe Bowe or Meachem.

GermanSaint 04-27-2007 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan (Post 346682)

can you name one game were he had real problems , last season ?

he had a very very good shutdown season , first time without gambling too much.

Homicide 04-27-2007 09:28 AM

I wish we would have kept David. Now we need CB bad!

Moses 04-27-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan (Post 346682)

I didn't get to watch him much with the Saints, but when he was in Green Bay he was very good. He was easily better than Harris until probably his last season with the Packers. Has he really regressed that?

Flyboy 04-27-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 349214)
Has he really regressed that?

No. I really don't know what TFIUDUAIHAD is referring to.