Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Are the Skins Legit? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813)

jsagan77 10-05-2006 10:22 AM

Are the Skins Legit?

Have the Skins turned it around with a healthy Portis back in the line up and great implementation of Saunders' system? Or are they frauds.

Vince Lombardi 10-05-2006 10:23 AM

with Portis playing like he is now they should have a shot in any game.

bigbluedefense 10-05-2006 10:27 AM

I think the Giants game will be a good indication of whether theyre back or not. Our defense can be great, it can also be horrible. It really depends on Tim Lewis. But regardless, if the Skins beat the giants, and beat em convincingly, I think you gotta say theyre back.

Me personally, I think the past 2 weeks have been abbiration for them, I still don't think theyre that good, but they can prove me wrong this week. Im still not a believer in Brunell. He's just too inconsistent for my liking.

Nitschke-Hawk 10-05-2006 10:29 AM

They need Shawn Springs bad. In the Vikings game all I saw was Sean Taylor consoling Mike Rumph's garbage ass on the sideline (both from the U)

bearsfan_51 10-05-2006 10:34 AM

I've got them beating the Giants. Redskins can stop the run, Giants can't, or the pass for that matter.

jsagan77 10-05-2006 10:51 AM

I don't know if they will beat the G mean.. They G's are coming off of a bye and at home, and the skins are coming off an emotional win against a brutal Jax team. I think that its going to be close but i doubt the skins beath them convincingly.

bigbluedefense 10-05-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I've got them beating the Giants. Redskins can stop the run, Giants can't, or the pass for that matter.

We're actually very good against the run. And its not just because teams throw all day against us. Our front 7 is very good at pursuing and has been doing a tremendous job stuffing the run. The problem as we all know is against the pass.

And we don't need to get into specifics, we've all beaten it to death by now. But yeah, if we don't blitz, we lose. Its that simple.

For those that don't understand Tim Lewis yet...here's one of the many examples of his stupidity. Seattle comes out with a 4 WR set....Tim Lewis defends it with a 4-3 defense. Yup...he's that dumb.

And when the media asked him if he knew they were coming out in 4 WRs, he was like "oh yeah, we gameplanned for it". Yup....he's that dumb.

Nitschke-Hawk 10-05-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:

We're actually very good against the run. And its not just because teams throw all day against us. Our front 7 is very good at pursuing and has been doing a tremendous job stuffing the run. The problem as we all know is against the pass.

And we don't need to get into specifics, we've all beaten it to death by now. But yeah, if we don't blitz, we lose. Its that simple.

For those that don't understand Tim Lewis yet...here's one of the many examples of his stupidity. Seattle comes out with a 4 WR set....Tim Lewis defends it with a 4-3 defense. Yup...he's that dumb.

And when the media asked him if he knew they were coming out in 4 WRs, he was like "oh yeah, we gameplanned for it". Yup....he's that dumb.

In his defense you have a pretty good set of linebackers. :lol: But anyway, I think it's funny how the ESPN "experts" think the players are wrong for critcizing the coach and they keep talking about Coughlin, but it's not so much Coughlin as it is Tim Lewis.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-05-2006 03:12 PM

I'm not sold on the skins as a playoff team yet, but they are better than the Giants.

ShutDwn 10-05-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettosermon
I'm not sold on the skins as a playoff team yet, but they are better than the Giants.

Same.

Love Portis, Moss is great, Cooley too. But I don't know how much Brunell has left.

Burned_By_Santana 10-05-2006 09:37 PM

Give it some more time, wait till our secondary gets back, and wait till the offense gets a little more used to the playbook.

yourfavestoner 10-05-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:

Same.

Love Portis, Moss is great, Cooley too. But I don't know how much Brunell has left.

I agree. In my opinion, the offense is going to go as far as Brunell can take them.

The defense will be fine, as long as Springs doesn't feel any adverse affects from his injury. However, I personally feel like they have Tayor miscast as a center-fielder. He'd be better off in Archuleta's role: close to the line of scrimmage and disrupting plays at the line of scrimmage.

bearsfan_51 10-06-2006 12:07 AM

Oh the question is if they make the playoffs? Then I say definately not.

ninerfan 10-06-2006 02:40 AM

you dropped your phoney dog poo. what phoney dog poo ?

jsagan77 10-06-2006 05:01 AM

People weren't sold on them last year either and they proved that they could win in the playoffs. I feel they can do it this year and I also believe that the Eagles are vastly over rated..

bearsfan_51 10-06-2006 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsagan77
People weren't sold on them last year either and they proved that they could win in the playoffs. I feel they can do it this year and I also believe that the Eagles are vastly over rated..

They proved they could eek out a win over a ****** Bucs team. Let's not go overboard here. Although I will admit I did pick them to win the East this year.

Nitschke-Hawk 10-06-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:

Same.

I agree. In my opinion, the offense is going to go as far as Brunell can take them.

The defense will be fine, as long as Springs doesn't feel any adverse affects from his injury. However, I personally feel like they have Tayor miscast as a center-fielder. He'd be better off in Archuleta's role: close to the line of scrimmage and disrupting plays at the line of scrimmage.

The problem is Archuleta doesn't have the speed, athleticism and ballhawking skills Taylor has. I think he'll be able to make more plays around the field once Springs gets back.

eacantdraft 10-06-2006 02:58 PM

Re: Are the Skins Legit?

They are duds. Winsover Houston and a Jacksonville team coming off a Monday Night loss don't impress me.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-06-2006 03:47 PM

Re: Are the Skins Legit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft
They are duds. Winsover Houston and a Jacksonville team coming off a Monday Night loss don't impress me.

Then same should be said about the Eagles, Wins over the Texans, 49ers, and Packers just don't do it for me.

MossRandleElLloyd 10-06-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
The problem is Archuleta doesn't have the speed, athleticism and ballhawking skills Taylor has. I think he'll be able to make more plays around the field once Springs gets back.

AA's got some speed...ballhawking and athleticism, I gotta agree with ya there, he is lacking in those areas. One thing he does damn well is blitz, he caused some pressure on Leftwich in the last game which was the only game in which we felt comfortable enough to send the dogs...Do I like That AA is in our secondary? I am not really sold on him, but he can make SOME plays.

stephenson86 10-06-2006 06:28 PM

if u can shred a defence as good as that, ur doing something right

draftguru151 10-06-2006 08:06 PM

I picked them to go to the SB before the season, I think they still have a shot.

jsagan77 10-07-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsagan77

They proved they could eek out a win over a *********** Bucs team. Let's not go overboard here. Although I will admit I did pick them to win the East this year.

Hey that was an away game and that team won the NFC south, which isn't a small accomplishment. The skins are going to be at the top of that division this year if they can stay healthy..

nfrillman 10-07-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
I picked them to go to the SB before the season, I think they still have a shot.

Umm, some may call that a ballsy pick, but not me, I just call that foolish.

draftguru151 10-07-2006 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfrillman
Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151

Umm, some may call that a ballsy pick, but not me, I just call that foolish.

Want to explain that. Great run defense, if healthy good DBs, amazing OL, great running back and a good passing game. There aren't many holes when this team is on.