Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Indianapolis @ Denver (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867)

San Diego Chicken 10-25-2006 10:17 PM

Indianapolis @ Denver

Best matchup of the first half, in my opinion. Winner gets to say they are the best team in the AFC. It's also intriguing because while Indy has had Denver's number in recent years, most notably in the playoffs, those wins all came in the RCA dome.

I'm leaning towards Denver in this game because they should be able to run on Indy, but their offense overrall isn't inspiring anyone.

njx9 10-25-2006 10:19 PM

if our defensive backfield does what it was built to do, denver will win, altough it will likely be 10-7 or something moronic.

if peyton plays like peyton, we have no chance. indy wouldn't even have to take the field on defense and joke would still find a way to throw an interception.

Staubach12 10-25-2006 10:22 PM

I take Indy.

PalmerToCJ 10-25-2006 10:24 PM

It'll be a good one, if it was in Indy I'd be confident in the Colts. Should be interesting to see how Denvers offense and Indy's running game respond. Joseph Addai should play a big role in Indy's success or lack of.

Shiver 10-25-2006 10:25 PM

Very interesting matchup. Champ Bailey versus the top route runner in the history of the NFL.

TitleTown088 10-25-2006 10:31 PM

I'm leaning toawrds the broncos on this one, Sure jake the snake hasn't been all too great, but their Defense has be awsome.
If it snows then manning won't be able to play good outside in the weather.... :wink:

Namy 10-25-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver
Very interesting matchup. Champ Bailey versus the top route runner in the history of the NFL.

I am not afraid of Harrison one bit. I'm scared of Reggie Wayne against Darrent Williams. Anyway, at home, I Think our defense can neutralize Colts O to a good extent. The Colts haven't shown much "Greatness" as a team. If our offense can score (which I know it really hasn't been able to do), we will win.

BrownsTown 10-25-2006 10:32 PM

Indi, I think they're the best team in the NFL, so of course I'll go with them.

Namy 10-25-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088
I'm leaning toawrds the broncos on this one, Sure jake the snake hasn't been all too great, but their Defense has be awsome.
If it snows then manning won't be able to play good outside in the weather.... :wink:

Unfortunatley the weather forecast has it that the temperature will be around 69 degrees on Sunday. Tomorrow we're suppose to have heavy snow with a high of 40 degrees. Anyway, Colorado weather is pretty unpredictable... so u never kno. That'd be awesome. If it snows, there is no way we lose.

Dam8610 10-25-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
It's also intriguing because while Indy has had Denver's number in recent years, most notably in the playoffs, those wins all came in the RCA dome.

Quote:

See: 2002

Number 10 10-25-2006 10:52 PM

Indy.

If this were a playoff game....Denver.

Dam8610 10-25-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10
Indy.

That makes very little sense. You do realize that the Broncos are to this point pretty much the only team the Colts have beaten in the playoffs, right?

Number 10 10-25-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10
Indy.

That makes very little sense. You do realize that the Broncos are to this point pretty much the only team the Colts have beaten in the playoffs, right?

(I was just kidding)

B-Dawk 10-25-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:

Unfortunatley the weather forecast has it that the temperature will be around 69 degrees on Sunday. Tomorrow we're suppose to have heavy snow with a high of 40 degrees. Anyway, Colorado weather is pretty unpredictable... so u never kno. That'd be awesome. If it snows, there is no way we lose.

I faintly recall some game on sunday night somwhere in colorado where some team in silver and black won, maybe. Oh well i must be mistaken.

njx9 10-25-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Dawk
Quote:

Quote:

I faintly recall some game on sunday night somwhere in colorado where some team in silver and black won, maybe. Oh well i must be mistaken.

i'll be waiting for you to post a valid reason why you think comparing this denver team to that one is even marginally relevant.

yodabear 10-25-2006 11:10 PM

Colts will score more than the rest of the Broncos opponets combined this season and win.

Namy 10-25-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

:roll: Right.. that was.. 2 yrs ago? Oh and against... not the Colts? I mean, we all know how great this Colts team does in cold weather outside.

B-Dawk 10-25-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

:roll: Right.. that was.. 2 yrs ago? Oh and against... not the Colts? I mean, we all know how great this Colts team does in cold weather outside.

I was just making the point that I heard the same thing before that game, and Oakland was going up and down the field. While the denver team is not the same, and their defense is much better, the Colts are lot better than the Raiders too.

manning18 10-26-2006 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodachu
Colts will score more touchdowns than the rest of the Broncos opponets combined this season and win.

QFT

Basileus777 10-26-2006 08:50 AM

The Colts will win. Indy won't put up 40, but they won't need to against this anemic Bronco offense.

FloridaFootball 10-26-2006 09:06 AM

The Colts will win this matchup with ease. It will be close the first half, but in the second half Peyton will turn it on. Just like he did against the Redskins.. :cry:

The Unseen 10-26-2006 10:30 AM

go Broncos

manning18 10-26-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen
go Broncos

Don't Hate.

a-dub83 10-26-2006 01:01 PM

Obviously i'm going with the Colts, but we have to stop Tatum Bell first. McFarland is helping us out in the run game and Bob Sanders returns this Sunday. If we get off to a good start and force Denver to pass, Freeney and Mathis will have a big day, especially with Lepsis done for the year.

LonghornsLegend 10-26-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
It's also intriguing because while Indy has had Denver's number in recent years, most notably in the playoffs, those wins all came in the RCA dome.

Quote:

See: 2002

who are they going to lean on more so this game, rhodes or addai? i can never tell, but it seems like addai has a bigger spark but he's not used as much some games