Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who should be benched? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900)

SevenNationArmy 11-08-2006 12:41 PM

Who should be benched?

Both Garrard and Huard are leading their teams to victory even if they aren't putting up amazing numbers, but now there is talk about putting in the original starters. The question is should Huard and Garrard be benched for Green and Leftwich respectively, or should they continue to start even if the original starters are healthy enough to play.

ricky bobby 11-08-2006 12:45 PM

neither should be a fourth option.

SevenNationArmy 11-08-2006 12:48 PM

I had a neither option but when I submitted it something went haywire.

Shane P. Hallam 11-08-2006 12:53 PM

I added neither to the poll...and voted for it.

11-08-2006 12:58 PM

I'm a firm believer in staying with the hot hand. I vote neither. If your winning or until the player messes up, I think you have to stay with what is working.

SevenNationArmy 11-08-2006 01:18 PM

Leftwich is still a much better QB than Garrard, the only thing Garrard has is mobility. I don't see the Jags making the playoffs either, why go with a much shorter solution and have Leftwich go to another team and own. Everyone was talking about how much Leftwich was owning before all these injuries, he really should be starting for the Jags.

Splat 11-08-2006 01:55 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Quote:

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Update: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said he might stay with Huard at quarterback even when Trent Green (concussion) is ready to play, the Kansas City Star reports.

Recommendation: Edwards had said all along that Green would regain his job once he returned, but Huard has led Kansas City to victories in five of its last six games and put them right in the thick of the AFC playoff race. “Yeah, it’s going to add drama every week if we continue to win and Damon continues to play well," Edwards said. When asked if Green would be the starter when he is cleared to play, the coach said, "At this point, I don’t have to make that decision. Is it a hard decision? Yeah, it’s a hard decision." We will continue to monitor the situation.

Updated on Wednesday, Nov 8, 2006 11:34 am EST

portermvp84 11-08-2006 01:56 PM

Neither both are doing great.

SeanTaylorRIP 11-08-2006 01:59 PM

Mark Brunell.

The Unseen 11-08-2006 02:01 PM

Neither.

Damon is playing at a high level and you never know how players react to head injuries. Besides, he's in the rhythm in that offense, and you don't want to cut that out. It's not like he's playing crappily. Also helps with Larry Johnson behind you.

David will stay because Leftwich is supposedly not healthy. Either that, or Del Rio doesn't want even a 99.9% healthy Leftwich as opposed to a 100% Garrard because of Garrard's skill level. Again, he's not crap. He's a very good backup, and with the Jaguars defense and running game, he doesn't have to do as much. He may end up being the future "installed" starter, which is different from Trent Green.

yourfavestoner 11-08-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SevenNationArmy
Leftwich is still a much better QB than Garrard, the only thing Garrard has is mobility. I don't see the Jags making the playoffs either, why go with a much shorter solution and have Leftwich go to another team and own. Everyone was talking about how much Leftwich was owning before all these injuries, he really should be starting for the Jags.

Leftwich is a better passer, but I'm not ready to say he's a better quarterback at this point. I've watched almost every Jaguars game since Leftwich has been drafted.

He shows flashes of brilliance, but you still don't know what you're going to get from him week-to-week. This was supposed to be his breakout season, and he's been plagued with the same inconsistencies.

He's a slow starter, and if you don't get him in a rhythm early in the game, he'll be a flop in the second half when you need him [Colts game].

However, I think he still has potential to be a star passer in this league. He's had some great performances against quality opponents. However, like I've said before, I think the chance of him developing into a top quarterback in this league disappears a little bit with every passing week.

SuperMcGee 11-08-2006 02:55 PM

I'd say its time for some Nall action

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 11-08-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMcgee

He is bteter tahn bertt farv

11-08-2006 03:31 PM

Huard

SuperMcGee 11-08-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

I've heard way more mvp hype for Nall than Favre, so it must be true

thule 11-08-2006 04:50 PM

Flozell Adams needs to be set down...too bad we have noone to force him off.

critesy 11-08-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Mark Brunell.

:)

Komp 11-08-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

I've heard way more mvp hype for Nall than Favre, so it must be true

lol

2drama 11-08-2006 07:53 PM

none of them, they both doing good in their starting roll

Basileus777 11-08-2006 07:59 PM

Huard.

Staubach12 11-08-2006 10:11 PM

Neither. Go with the hot hand.

Mr. Stiller 11-08-2006 10:15 PM

Joey Porter.

The Unseen 11-08-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Joey Porter.

PalmerToCJ 11-08-2006 10:20 PM

I don't see why either should be benched. Especially Huard. Green has been out 8 weeks and Huard has played well.

If Huard struggles you have a great QB to come in but Huard has earned the right to keep his job. It's not like either of them are spring chickens.