Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Cincinnati Bengals Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914)

Scott Wright 11-09-2006 08:27 AM

Cincinnati Bengals Discussion

Discuss the Bengals here.

PalmerToCJ 11-09-2006 08:25 PM

REPRESENT!

12-4 BABY!

8)

Scott Wright 11-11-2006 12:04 PM

Only one reply in the last few days? Has everyone abandoned the Bengals bandwagon?

sweetness34 11-11-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Only one reply in the last few days? Has everyone abandoned the Bengals bandwagon?

:lol:

Nope, we've only got like one or two Bungle fans on this board. :lol:

critesy 11-11-2006 01:31 PM

haha yeah sadly.

PalmerToCJ 11-11-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright

:lol:

Nope, we've only got like one or two Bungle fans on this board. :lol:

Hey, I remember us shredding your defense last year... Lucky you we kneed the ball on your 5 as time expired. I'll bring the trash too.

I'm still kickin'!

PalmerToCJ 11-11-2006 04:39 PM

I would have more discussion in here but it's hard to talk to myself :lol:

I just hang out on the NFL board.

rainbeaukid2 11-11-2006 04:42 PM

so you guys are looking to draft marcus thomas right? :lol:

PalmerToCJ 11-11-2006 05:07 PM

With Mike "second chance" Brown as our owner I wouldn't doubt it. The problem is he has so much faith in Marvin that those are the guys he wants chooses staying true to the BPA theory.

Marvin himself wants nothing to do with the trouble makers but it's not his final call...

jmanz 11-12-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ

I'm doin my best to recruit for you, I have a buddy that is a huge bengal fan. I'm trying to get him to start posting on this site.

derza222 11-13-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

You ever want some Bengals discussion I'm here. I'm a NYJ fan first but Cincy is a very close second.

This past weeks game was a heartbreaker. The fumble was a killer. The defense has a ton of trouble on third down too. Pass defense just gets shredded. LT had four touches, but just becuase they got in close and punched it in with him.

Tackling needs to improve, I think losing Landon hurt, a ton of linebackers were kept before the season but they've dropped like flies. Three guys that are good enough to start were lost to injury.
The pass rush needs some help, get some pressure off the secondary in those third down situations. But regardless, the coverage needs to be better, because they get torn up all game.

Also, the third down defense is terrible, it seems like every third and 8 or so gets converted. You'd figure they'd get a stop or two, but it seems like they never do. I wonder what opponents average against the Bengals D on first and second downs versus third, because I think the third down average would be much higher. That might be the downside to having corners that gamble like Tory James and Deltha O'Neal, you'll get your turnovers but the coverage isn't always good. The turnovers haven't come and it's been a killer for the defense, and that brings the whole team down.

On the upside, the line and offense overall looked much better today. Rudi was great as always but Brats went away from him too early AGAIN. I don't know why you pass most of the time with a 3 TD lead early in the third. I'll never understand it.

Palmer looked much better and more comfortable in the pocket all game. Chad FINALLY caught fire, more than a quarter of the way to 1000 yards in one game. He was unbelievable, got me out of my chair more than once.

Chris Henry seems like he could do so much more with his talent, and he has those off the field issues. He could have caught one of those passes in the endzone at the end of the game, a tough catch but it could have been made. Overall he really didn't step up and do much. Reggie Kelly didn't look too bad catching the ball either.

Overall a great game for the offense and the defense was crap (although you could figure that out from looking at the score). At least Palmer looked better, that's a good sign not only for this year but for future years, and Chad finally looked good. Defense should really be the focal point of this upcoming draft, and I hope they finally put a little emphasis on character.

PalmerToCJ 11-13-2006 08:21 PM

Instead of making my usual multi paragraph post... I'll just say that I agree with everything you said Derza.

I understand Brat stayed with the pass because it was working so well but he has to realize it's not always about putting points on the board. Didn't Carson fumble the ball passing on first down?

Rudi was doing a great job and ONLY got 15 rushes in a game in which we lead by 21 points at half time. He should have had 25+ to milk the clock. It's hard to keep a team that's on your heels behind when you keep trading scores, you're bound to get burned.

Bleh, 11-5 ( :roll: ). There's still very limited hope. It's us, KC, Jacksonville for the wildcard. We own the tiebreaker over KC and hopefully we get it together and Jacksonville continues to struggle.

I'm still holding out hope. Hey, I guess come offseason I'll be glad to have a lower draft pick... Plus I remember last year saying that I had almost wished we didn't make the playoffs so we wouldn't have had the heartbreak of that game :roll: .

I'm sure I said I wouldn't ramble on, but I did.

11-5... BELIEVE!!!!!

Ravens1991 11-13-2006 08:22 PM

Is Chris Henry a jerk in the locker room?

PalmerToCJ 11-13-2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Is Chris Henry a jerk in the locker room?

Not as far as I've heard. He's well liked on the field, one of Carsons favorite players. Carson and Chad are the reason he's still on the team.

derza222 11-13-2006 08:50 PM

Quote:

Instead of making my usual multi paragraph post... I'll just say that I agree with everything you said Derza.

I understand Brat stayed with the pass because it was working so well but he has to realize it's not always about putting points on the board. Didn't Carson fumble the ball passing on first down?

Rudi was doing a great job and ONLY got 15 rushes in a game in which we lead by 21 points at half time. He should have had 25+ to milk the clock. It's hard to keep a team that's on your heels behind when you keep trading scores, you're bound to get burned.

Bleh, 11-5 ( :roll: ). There's still very limited hope. It's us, KC, Jacksonville for the wildcard. We own the tiebreaker over KC and hopefully we get it together and Jacksonville continues to struggle.

I'm still holding out hope. Hey, I guess come offseason I'll be glad to have a lower draft pick... Plus I remember last year saying that I had almost wished we didn't make the playoffs so we wouldn't have had the heartbreak of that game :roll: .

I'm sure I said I wouldn't ramble on, but I did.

11-5... BELIEVE!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he did fumble on first down. That play really was a killer. IMO if they run the ball that down and that turnover doesn't happen, they win the game. No excuse at all for Rudi to have 18 carries in a game where they had a 3 touchdown lead at halftime. I was watching it with my dad and it was killing us, he didn't get nearly enough carries. I'd almost be happy if Brat didn't come back next year if it meant Rudi got more carries. I did like more deep looks in the game though, it opened things up a bit and added momentum with big plays, they didn't throw enough deep balls in the Baltimore game IMO, that's the forte of Palmer, Chad, and Henry, so why not do it? Hopefully they get it together, and if not, the higher draft pick will be nice, get some defense in there.

Henry doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be a jerk to his teammates, it's more his attitude towards everyone else that is the problem. Just my opinion though.

critesy 11-14-2006 11:50 PM

sooooo..Ahmad Brooks :D

DHVF 11-15-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critesy

I hear he plays football

PalmerToCJ 11-15-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Quote:

Originally Posted by critesy

I hear he plays football

And well... He's been quiet of late, the boy needs to learn how to get off of blocks. The second he gets engaged he's out for the rest of the play. I LOVE what I see though, his #1 fan can still critique him...

BengalsPwn 11-15-2006 11:18 PM

Its just another injury plagued season for us again. Dexter out, Pollack maybe done for his career, Tab out, AJ out, Odell.............. ********. Bengals really need to shore up that front 7 already. The d-line is getting no pressure after the first couple games this season, the lb core, granted is banged up, but are blowing off assignments and missing tackles. Since the front 7 is playing like garbage the safeties have to move up and the corners can only play 1-1 for so long and finally got burned last week. Can the draft get here any sooner. The season is probably lost now... unless this defense can get there act together.

PalmerToCJ 11-16-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BengalsPwn
Its just another injury plagued season for us again. Dexter out, Pollack maybe done for his career, Tab out, AJ out, Odell.............. dumb. Bengals really need to shore up that front 7 already. The d-line is getting no pressure after the first couple games this season, the lb core, granted is banged up, but are blowing off assignments and missing tackles. Since the front 7 is playing like garbage the safeties have to move up and the corners can only play 1-1 for so long and finally got burned last week. Can the draft get here any sooner. The season is probably lost now... unless this defense can get there act together.

Well put. Front seven is weak, the ends and LB's are lacking this year. I dont' think the DT's have been that bad. I only care to address it round one if one of the big guns is there. If not it's DE all the way.

diabsoule 11-18-2006 12:57 PM

How do you think the game will go against the Saints on Sunday in New Orleans?

PalmerToCJ 11-18-2006 08:23 PM

Hopefully well :lol:

Our Oline will never have a chance to get together though. Stacey Andrews will make his first start at ANY level on the Oline tomorrow at RG in place of Bobbie Williams who had an apendectomy.

This is big for saving any hope I have left. Sucks, I have to work. I take a TV that I get to watch but the customers have to interrupt me. I managed to escape working every game until this weekend.

If the offense clicks half as well as it did last weekend then it should be exciting to say the least.

Man, after watching Woodley today he would look GOOD in Bengals stripes.

PalmerToCJ 11-19-2006 06:34 PM

Ahhh... Feels good to finally get a W.

Nice to see Chad shutting up his doubters and despite Bobbie Williams injury the Oline wasn't terrible.

Run the ball with Rudi = Victory. Plain and simple. Nice to see the D step it up. They still struggled on 3rd down and vs. the pass in general but made the big plays. The run D was there. Caleb played great.

Time to get this train rollin'.

critesy 11-19-2006 06:47 PM

very nice win for the bengals...didnt get to see it so i dont have much to say about it right now.

11-19-2006 07:32 PM

Bengals D played good for once. If they can play like that for the whole year then there is no reason why they can't go to the super bowl.