Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Better 9-2 team? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994)

Vikings Fan 11-28-2006 05:22 PM

Better 9-2 team?

So, with one AFC (Ravens) and one NFC (Bears) team posied to represent each confrence in the playoffs who do you think is better and will go deeper into the playoffs? Personally I think that the Ravens are better, I like the Ravens better because I think their DBs are better, their DL is not quite as good and the LB position is neck and neck but id give the edge to the Bears. Also, they have a better Offense with a better QB and RB.

Of course, my username might figure into my thinking.

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 05:23 PM

I'm still not sold on the Ravens to be honest. Either way, they might be better, but they won't go further. The fact that we play in the NFC is reason enough for that argument.

Random topic.

Basileus777 11-28-2006 05:26 PM

I think the Ravens are the better team right now. The Ravens defense is just as good, and their offense doesn't randomly have 5 or 6 turnover games every other week.

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 05:34 PM

Here are the numbers.

Bears have a better total offense.

Bears have a better scoring offense.

Bears have a better rushing offense.

Bears have a better passing offense.

Bears have a better total defense.

Bears have a better scoring defense.

Bears have a better passing defense.

Bears create more turnovers.

Ravens have a better rushing defense.

Ravens turn the ball over less.

Obviously some of this is due to strength of schedule, so take it for what it's worth, but those are the numbers. People like the hate on the Bears, but we're in the top half of the league in every single category.

Vikings Fan 11-28-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Here are the numbers.

One of the most important ones. If not for Grossman I would vote for the Bears but Grossman has shown he cant take the pressure with 5-6 guys in his face and he throws picks when that happens. That is killer, with how the Defense played vs. the Pats you should have won big time.

Basileus777 11-28-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Here are the numbers.

Obviously some of this is due to strength of schedule, so take it for what it's worth, but those are the numbers. People like the hate on the Bears, but we're in the top half of the league in every single category.

The Ravens also have 14 more sacks. Most of the defensive statistics only have the Bears with a slight edge over the Ravens. If the Ravens played in the NFC, they would be the #1 defense is all those categories. But the main factor is that the Ravens offense doesn't turn the ball over like the Bears do. Until that changes the Bears are going to be rightfully criticized for it.

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:

Here are the numbers.

The Ravens also have 14 more sacks. Most of the defensive statistics only have the Bears with a slight edge over the Ravens. If the Ravens played in the NFC, they would be the #1 defense is all those categories. But the main factor is that the Ravens offense doesn't turn the ball over like the Bears do. Until that changes the Bears are going to be rightfully criticized for it.

Wow...I need to get my hands on that crystal ball you've got. I'm impressed. I said that S.O.S plays a part in it, but not that much. Bears have beaten just as many teams with winning records as the Ravens have.

When the Bengals beat the Ravens and the Bears beat the Vikes this week everyone will start saying the opposite thing. Fans in this league are so fickle from a week to week basis. We lose by 4 points to the Patriots and all of the sudden we're in a free-fall. Get real.

derza222 11-28-2006 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:

Here are the numbers.

One of the most important ones. If not for Grossman I would vote for the Bears but Grossman has shown he cant take the pressure with 5-6 guys in his face and he throws picks when that happens. That is killer, with how the Defense played vs. the Pats you should have won big time.

That is a very important stat, and although the Bears create more turnovers, the Ravens certainly aren't slouches when it comes to getting the ball back to their offense. The Ravens do have the better turnover margin (tops in the league), theirs is +15 and the Bears is +10. Both are excellent, but when it comes to turnovers Ravens do get the edge, and turnovers are a huge stat. Granted it's not a huge difference, but regardless the Ravens have the edge. Basically by half a turnover a game, so it doesn't mean a ton, but again they do have an edge there however slight it may be.

bearfan 11-28-2006 05:45 PM

I have the Bears better, Ravens go furthur cause they have a Vet QB where as we have Rex :?

danman253 11-28-2006 05:48 PM

The best 9-2 is the Chargers

Smooth Criminal 11-28-2006 05:49 PM

Baltimore is better but Chicago will go farther simply because they are in a very weak NFC.

Star Wideout 11-28-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danman253

That's arguable, the Chargers didn't look very impressive at home against the Raiders..

and the Ravens beat the Chargers.

danman253 11-28-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Quote:

That's arguable, the Chargers didn't look very impressive at home against the Raiders..

and the Ravens beat the Chargers.

The Chargers just went 4-0 without Shawn Merriman. They are my super bowl pick right now, I see no one who can stop LT.

KILLERSANTA 11-28-2006 05:51 PM

I been saying the bears are overrated all year...I'm sticking by that....I voted for ravens

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA
I been saying the bears are overrated all year...I'm sticking by that....I voted for ravens

Speaking of overrated, how bout that Tony Romo?

Star Wideout 11-28-2006 05:53 PM

[quote="danman253"]
Quote:

Quote:

The Chargers just went 4-0 without Shawn Merriman. They are my super bowl pick right now, I see no one who can stop LT.

I agree they should be scary once Merriman, and Castillo return...

my only question is How will Rivers perform in the playoffs?

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 05:55 PM

[quote="Star Wideout"]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How will Steve McNair perform in the playoffs?

draftguru151 11-28-2006 05:55 PM

Of these two, the Ravens, in general, the Chargers. I see it as either the Colts or the Chargers to win the AFC/SB.

Smooth Criminal 11-28-2006 05:58 PM

[quote="bearsfan_51"]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's been there before and taken a team to the superbowl. It'll be interesting to see if Rivers can get it done in the playoffs.

Thats the difference in the playoffs. You play good teams every week so you can't be carried by 1 guy. If there is any hole in your team it will be exploited.

Star Wideout 11-28-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

I don't think that's much of an issue, McNair is a 12 year veteran who's been there many times before.

and as we've seen in the past, young QBs generally struggle in the playoffs...but with LT on your team Rivers may not even have to do much at all.

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that's much of an issue, McNair is a 12 year veteran who's been there many times before.

Who hasn't been there in years and is very limited in his abilities at this point in his career. I'd take Rivers over McNair no matter what the situation.

danman253 11-28-2006 06:02 PM

Rivers has been very impressive this year and has outperformed everyones expectations

Number 10 11-28-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Here are the numbers.

The 2 Most important aspects of football in January....taking care of the ball and stopping the run.

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:

Here are the numbers.

The 2 Most important aspects of football in January....taking care of the ball and stopping the run.

And running the ball. It's not like the Bears are slouches at stopping the run, it's still under 100 yards per. Give me a sec, I'll look up the stats for the NFC, since this is what the argument is really about.

bearsfan_51 11-28-2006 06:11 PM

Ok well by your standards the Bears and the Cowboys should be the best two teams in the playoffs.

Of the teams likely to make the playoffs the Cowboys are #1 in run defense and the Bears are #2. The Bears are #1 in turnover margin and the Cowboys are #2.