Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
eagleseye

Just curious to see who people are projecting to be more productive over the course of their careers.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink

I'd say Whitner.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Collins athletic ability, so I'd go Collins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily Whitner. Collins isn't as good as Packers fans believe. I thought this season would have shown that.

Not to mention Whitner is was a top 10 pick and Collins was a 2nd rounder. Obviously that doesn't always make or break, but it is an indication of what each player's cielings are.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donte

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Easily Whitner. Collins isn't as good as Packers fans believe. I thought this season would have shown that.

Not to mention Whitner is was a top 10 pick and Collins was a 2nd rounder. Obviously that doesn't always make or break, but it is an indication of what each player's cielings are.
what difference does it make where u get picked? Steve Smith was a 2nd round WR..David Terrell was 8th overall pick

whos on a team right now and whos doing better? Exactly.

doesnt matter what round you get picked..hes asking whos going to be more productive and i'll go with Whitner b/c i've seen more of him..plays good in the box and hes a smart defender.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donte Whitner

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
Quote:

what difference does it make where u get picked? Steve Smith was a 2nd round WR..David Terrell was 8th overall pick

doesnt matter what round you get picked..hes asking whos going to be more productive and i'll go with Whitner b/c i've seen more of him..plays good in the box and hes a smart defender.
If you looked waht he said. "Obviously that doesn't always make or break."
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Whitner going to multiple pro bowls. Not sure that Collins will ever make 1
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
Quote:

Who's doing better now? Whitner.

And yes, as the Bills fan pointed out, I already said that. Considering both are very new to the league, however, you still have to take ceiling into account. One could actually argue that Collins has a higher ceiling based on athletic ability, but I don't see it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like whitners versitility. He can line up at CB, he can play cover 2 (deep safeties), he can play in the box, and he play 1-deep, being the only deep safety, in a 4-4 scheme. Whitners also a playmaker with the ball in his hands. I haven't seen a lot of collins, but he wasn't impressive in the game against the bills.
BuffaloDraftGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Huff.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd wait until after next year to fairly judge them. While he was pretty good this year, Collins definately not the same player as he was last year. Whitner had the better 2006 season than Collins did. However, one could argue that Collins' rookie year was better than Whitner's rookie year. Everyone is saying Whitner because he had the better year, but if his play declines next year, it doesn't mean much.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Whitner. Collins is good but I'd like to see him improve in coverage.

My bro voted for Collins so I could't vote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan

Who is your bro?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Huff.
Whitner outplayed him last year clearly.

Huff wasnt a bum though.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Are the same Packer fans who say Collins is awesome the same ones who say Woodson and Harris are awesome and their pass D only sucks because of bad safety play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Cavalier17
Rookie

Cavalier17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whitner was phenomenal as a Rookie, and I expect him to get better. Collins isn't bad, but I like Whitner a lot.
Cavalier17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:

Are the same Packer fans who say Collins is awesome the same ones who say Woodson and Harris are awesome and their pass D only sucks because of bad safety play?
Strong safety was clearly our weak point in the secondary, Marquand Manuel was awful and really struggled to return from his injury.

The entire defense got off to a slow start of the season because of the youth and inexperience but they all really picked up their play the second half of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan

Who is your bro?
He's a packers fan that goes on my account
Old 02-03-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

Whit
Old 02-03-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

We had to hear all offseason about how Nick Collins and the rest of the current Packers are all sure fire Hall of Famers, but are just underrated right now. What did Collins do? Go out and stink the place up.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Collins went into a Sophomore slump that so many players in the NFL do. Like so many other NFL players, this wasn't a good season to judge Collins on. I think next year will be a much better indication of Collins potential.

As for Whitner, I wouldn't be too surprised or worried if his play slips next year. I'm sure he'll have a Sophomore slump too next year.

I think the jury is still out on this decision and went be able to tell the 2008-2009 season which player will be better.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Dawan Landry
Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Quote:

We had to hear all offseason about how Nick Collins and the rest of the current Packers are all sure fire Hall of Famers, but are just underrated right now. What did Collins do? Go out and stink the place up.
You should ask Sexy Rexy about that.

But seriously, Collins has all the physical tools to be a very good player. He has the speed of a corner (4.37 at combine, 4.34 pro day) and decent strenght (11 reps of 225). He makes big hits and can make some terrific reads, but the main problems he faces are mental -- ie playing in the wrong coverages. Whether or not he can overcome his mental problems remains to be seen, but if he can, he'll be a pro bowl caliber player.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote