Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-20-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Texas Longhorns Pro Day Results

i was reading this and thought i would post it in case anyone was curious about sweed, charles or the others horns.

Former Longhorns Brandon Foster and Limas Sweed impressed a bevy of NFL scouts Wednesday during Texas’ annual pro day.

Foster, a cornerback, ran a 4.28 time in the 40-yard dash. He also showed athleticism with a 38-inch vertical jump. His performance might offset the fact that Foster was measured at 5-7. That’s about two inches shorter than NFL teams would prefer.

Sweed, who is projected as a mid-to-late, first rounder, ran a 4.40, shaving nearly a tenth of a second off of the time he ran at the NFL combine last month.

Other notables from pro day:

Tight end Jermichael Finley ran a 4.62, dropping his time from the combine by .24. His time is now the second fastest run by a tight end in workouts leading up to next month’s draft.

Running back Jamaal Charles elected not to run, allowing his 4.38 time that he posted at the combine to stand. Charles did participate in position drills.

Backup safety Drew Kelson posted a 41.5-inch vertical jump and ran a 4.45. We’re checking to see if any other player in the country has jumped higher in draft workouts.

Defensive tackle Derek Lokey did 38 reps on the 225-pound bench press. He also worked out at fullback and deep snapper.

Defensive tackle Frank Okam dropped 12 pounds since his weigh-in at the combine. He is weighing 335 right now.

Safety Marcus Griffin ran a 4.5, with receiver Billy Pittman coming in at 4.56. Both were improvements of roughly .2 seconds from the combine.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...r_players.html
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFL.com has Sweed's 40's at 4.50 and 4.51....

Anyone else becoming increasingly tired of conflicting workout reports?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a Pro Day thread....No need to clutter up the board with unnecessary threads.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
We have a Pro Day thread....No need to clutter up the board with unnecessary threads.
really though, nothing special about our pro day to make a seperate thread...And I dont know that was really Sweed's time, but it doesnt matter because he's still probably the 1st wr off the board, Finley has always been a 4.6 guy and of course he's my top tight end but he looks to be an early 3rd guy, I heard Green Bay has been giving him alot of attention so he would be a good fit in their passing offense there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lance Zierlein is one of the more underrated draft guys out there, and considering this is public access (Houston Chronicle), I think it's alright to publish a link.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...3/post_46.html

Anyhow, he notes, not surprisingly, that you should probably add a .1 to all the times, which makes all the numbers sound more realistic. Makes sense, most times you hear that they add a .08 or so, so a .1 seems very likely.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats a really surprsing time for sweed, if its confirmed as accurate, then he is for sure the 1st WR off the board. I never expected a 4.4 flat from him. I can see him as early as #11 to buffalo with that time.

and yeah for whoever said it, im getting seriously upset with these conflicting workout times as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
thats a really surprsing time for sweed, if its confirmed as accurate, then he is for sure the 1st WR off the board. I never expected a 4.4 flat from him. I can see him as early as #11 to buffalo with that time.

and yeah for whoever said it, im getting seriously upset with these conflicting workout times as well.
It was a 4.5 flat and a 4.51
And wasn't the newly put track at the combine supposed to be a fast track as well? And besides, how did he get a whole lot faster than he did
at the combine? he ran an official 4.52 i believe, so what's the deal?

I was impressed with how Marcus Griffin recovered from his horrible
combine 40
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
FA1

Toon is 100% correct. Texas has a fast track and to get a more accurate idea of their times, add .1. This happens every year that people get caught up in super pro day results. The combine is a MUCH better indication because everybody is running on the same field. If you're a scientist, which experiment do you trust, the one where the environment is a control or a variable?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've learned long ago that film is about 100x more important than these dumb pro day workouts.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
jasonatchley

drew kelson looked amazing.

Last edited by jasonatchley : 03-20-2008 at 03:39 PM.