Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Titans 2009 Draft/Offseason Thread

Back by popular demand! (TitanHope's that is)

We are done with September games and the Titans are looking down right durrrrrty.... We could be in for a deep playoff run if we keep it up. But, it's never to early to start looking towards the next draft. Anyways, here are my top needs by position for the coming draft/offseason.

1) Cornerback- Most non-titan and even some Titans fans would think WR is our number one need. I think it's CB. Nick Harper is in the last year of his contract and is in his mid 30's. Eric King has looked nice in limited action and Chris Carr has some upside. But even if one of our backups step up we need depth bad. Reynaldo Hill is Terrible and who knows how Cary Williams will turn out.

2) Wide Receiver- Same as always. The WR's look a little better with Collins in but they still make some mistakes. We should only sign a WR that can be a go-to. We have plenty of #2's and #3's.

3) Tight End- Hear me out. Alge Crumpler has done nothing so far this year. Neither has Craig Stevens and he's more of a blocker anyways. Bo Scaife would be an excellent number 2 IMO. Like WR I only think we should go TE if we can get a go-to TE. Brandon Pettigrew or Jermaine Gresham at the end of round one. Something like that.

4) Defensive Line- Jevon Kearse has looked good so far this season but he's getting old. William Hayes and Jacob Ford seem more like situational pass rushers. The coaches are entent on playing Jason Jones at tackle. More of a run-down type DE is needed. DT becomes a need only if we don'r resign Albert Haynesworth.

5) Wildcard- Center, Backup QB, or Punter. Those guys are getting old as well. This need will probably be O-Line Depth.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'd rank them:

1. CB
Finnegan's a stud; however, the depth after him is pretty lackluster. Both Harper and King are solid, but neither make opposing QBs worry. With Harper getting up there in age (and really being more of a zone-coverage guy anyway) and King being more of a nickel-back, the Titans really need to address this need -- either in FA or early in the draft.

2. WR
This is high on the list every year, and every year the Titans do little to address the problem. In some sense, I think the problem here is the exact opposite of our CB problem -- lots of depth here but no stud. Gage has shown that he can be a good #2-calibur WR, Hawkins showed promise in the preseason, and McCareins/Jones are decent depth. However, there's no one on the team that demands double-coverage.

Unfortunately, probably because of past failures, this staff seems hesitant to pull the trigger on a WR. Personally, I'd love to see the Titans pursue someone like Roy Williams, Anquan Boldin, or Lee Evans this offseason -- a veteran WR who can stretch the field and be a legit concern for opposing defenses.

3. DL
Much depends on Albert Haynesworth. If we keep him, this position goes down a little bit on the list. If we lose him, this position skyrockets to #1 concern in my opinion. Assuming Haynesworth stays, the Titans could still use some help at DE -- where Kearse and Ford are OK but neither contribute much against the run. I'd love to see a stout DE (Jason Jones type) in there for early downs and Kearse/Ford/Hayes in on passing situations.

4. QB
At some point, the Titans have to seriously ask: Is VY going to ever be what we envisioned him to be -- a franchise-calibur QB? If so, the Titans will need to make sure to do more to help him succeed (in terms of building an offense to his strengths, not his weakness & bringing in legit WR talent). If not, then the Titans can't hope to rely on Collins for more than another year or two. Personally, I'd like to see the Titans draft a mid-round guy with potential.

5. MLB
Again, at some point, the Titans have to seriously address this position. As it stands, Tulloch is athletic & fast, but he can't seem to master the nuances of the game (tackling angles, shedding blocks, etc.). Fowler has a better grasp of some of these technical nuances, but he's often too slow to make a play. Both Tulloch & Fowler, I think, would make excellent backup LBs; however, I don't see either of them being true starters on a consistent basis.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm officially lobbying for this thread to be stickied, and the old thread be unstickied.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious from a Titans fans perspective....I notice you guys mention "if" Haynesworth isn't resigned...blah blah blah.

From what you guys are hearing is this even a possibility of happening after this season?

Is his price going to be too high to bring back?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Just curious from a Titans fans perspective....I notice you guys mention "if" Haynesworth isn't resigned...blah blah blah.

From what you guys are hearing is this even a possibility of happening after this season?

Is his price going to be too high to bring back?
Probably not, he is definitely going to become the highest paid defensive player after this season topping Jared Allen's contract of $72.36 million over 6 years. From what I know, we do have plenty of salary cap to use, so he should be resigned without a doubt. Whether we go after anyone else is the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We should definitely have the money to resign him. My only qualm is our GM is known to be frugal with cap money, so I'm kind of worried they'll think the money is more important, and that we'll have the talent to take over for Haynesworth.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright guys, not to hijack this board, but I am hoping that you guys will let me use this board to post up the Titans 2009 Draft Board for this long mock draft that is currently being organized. I'll try to keep this current, and will listen to your opinions, as I am concerned about the cornerback depth and quality of our wide receivers. Also, I was wondering if one other poster, would wish to be my assistant GM on this mock. Once again, like I said, this mock is going all the way up to the week before the actual draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teh threadz has been stickied! Allz your posts belongz to me!!!

Feel free to fill us in on your picks, NY titan!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that we're about halfway through the season, has your opinion about what we need to draft changed at all???

As of right now, I'd rank our needs:
1. DE
I've been saying for a long time that we need someone opposite KVB who can play tough against the run on 1st & 2nd down -- something that none of our current DEs (Kearse, Ford, Ball, & Hayes) seem capable of doing on a consistent basis.

2. CB
I don't think anyone knew that Finnegan was going to play this well; however, I'd like to see us bring in a young, talented CB to start opposite him. Harper's OK; but he's getting older and was never much of a man-to-man cover guy anyway. King's an interesting player to watch, but I think he's better suited for the nickel job.

3. DT
The big key to our offseason rests on Albert Haynesworth. If we get him back, then the DT concern become greatly reduced. If we lose him, then I think DT becomes our #1 priority. Tony Brown is solid, and Jason Jones has potential; but they both benefit greatly from having AH playing next to them.

4. WR
Brandon Jones has been playing better lately and may actually be back next season. I think Lavelle Hawkins looks like a solid #2-calibur WR. Gage has had a bad case of the drops this season; however, given his play last season, I'm willing to chalk this up to his recurring injuries this season. McCareins doesn't really impress me and Paul Williams looks like an absolute bust. Will the Titans draft a WR early in this draft? I think they just might if someone whom they see as a playmaker (ala Chris Johnson) falls to them.

5. LB
With Keith Bulluck and David Thornton getting older, I'd like to see us invest in the future at this position. I like what I see with Tulloch's progression; but it'll be interesting to see if they keep him at MLB or make him the heir apparent at OLB. Either way, I think we need to bring in another LB to develop.

6. OL
We'll draft a mid-to-late round O-Lineman (probably OG or C) and Munchak will develop him into a solid player.

All in all, I think there's a small chance that we go WR in the 1st round if there's a real "playmaker" available. Otherwise, I think we spend a lot of our picks shoring up the already good defense.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

1) CB
2) WR (only if we get a stud, no more mid-rounders)
3) DE
4) OLB
5) DT (definitely jumps if fat al leaves)
6) OL depth
7) QB
8) P
Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opinion...

1) KR/PR

I've noted in the past that I thought an explosive returner was one of the two phases this team lacks. Chris Carr has done well this season, but he's not PacMan Jones by any stretch. During VY's rookie season, PacMan's electric returns just made the VY magic amplify. Momentum was gained, and then VY, along with help from Travis Henry, took over.

How many 3-and-outs does our defense force? How many touches does the returner get? Carr has returned a punt or kickoff 34 times. In contrast, Bo Scaife has 32 catches. So that's a fairly good amount of touches, and someone who can make plays with them would be add a dimention to this team to truly make it Super Bowl caliber.

Fortunately, the majority of returners are WR's and CB's, two of our needs. Personally, I prefer a WR that can add speed to the WR corps.

Notable candidates: Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, Derrick Williams, Brandon Tate, Juaquin Iglesias.

Obviously if a stud like Crabtree or Heyward-Bey is available, nad him.

More to come later...I ramble too much...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright's Mock Draft was updated. As usual, the Titans pick was copy/pasted from the last one...and the one before that...

We've had Maclin and Harvin so far this year. We had nothing but WR's last year, and the year before that.

With the way Scott went off last year over the Titans not drafting a WR, I wonder if this is a step over being stubborn. Surely there are more logical picks than Percy Harvin for a run-heavy, ball-control offense.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

My darkhorse is Jermaine Gresham right now. I haven't really been impressed with Alge Crumpler this season. Bo Scaife has stepped up, but Jermaine Gresham + Bo Scaife is a deadly TE combo. And at this point I figure any position is more likely than a WR when it comes to the Titans in the first round. However, I don't really expect him to still be available when the Titans pick.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Bo Scaife has been for us what I thought Crumpler would be.

I'm hesitant on TE in the Draft. Scaife has been great, and Stevens was taken last year. I'd still love to get David Thomas from New England somehow...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Anyway, to delve into other positions...

2) Defensive Line/MIKE

I think we are set at DT, even if Haynesworth stays or goes. It will suck if we lose him, but I think our DEF has evolved from last season. They're no longer dependant on AH to be successful. We'll probably bring in someone later in the Draft or FA for depth. No DT in this Draft is comparable to AH, so lets hope we can land Marvin Austin in '10.

We can never have enough good DE's. KVB is a mainstay, but the other spots are up in the air. Kearse is on a 1-year deal, I think. I hope he stays. Dave Ball has been a great find, and I hope he stays. Ford and Hayes are projects, but look promising. Thats 5 DE's, but I wouldn't mind having at least 6. If a stud somehow drops to us, I hope we nab him.

Aaron Curry, Rey Maualuga, or James Laurinitis will hopefully be available when we pick. If neither of them are, then disregard MIKE.

3) Corner

I think Harper has played great this season, and believe Eric King is our future #2. Nevertheless, some think that King is best served at NB, and a CB needs to be drafted a groomed to take over for Harper. Plus, King and Vincent Fuller are FA's, so they may get an opportunity with better pay somewhere else. I hope we keep both guys though. My preferred CB is D.J. Moore, as he has return skills. Overall, I think this is a 2nd-3rd RD need.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I would love for us to sign an elite player this offseason at one of our two biggest needs (CB: Nnamdi Asomugha?) and then use our 1st and 2nd to trade up higher in the first for a chance at a great young prospect like Crabtree. We're going to have a decent amount of compensatory picks anyways. I can dream can't I?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Aso would be awesome. Crabtree would be amazing. Using that money to keep Haynesworth would be amazingly awesome!

Lets not get greedy. We already have one of the best young CB's in the league in Finny, and one of the best young FS's with Griff. AH is priority as there are maybe 3 or 4 DT's with his ability (Haynesworth, Kris Jenkins, Haloti Ngata, & Shaun Rogers).

Personally, I think considering all circumstances, Finny is the best CB in the NFL this season - even better than Aso.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah but damn, that could be one of the best secondaries ever.
CB- Cortland Finnegan
CB- Nnamdi Asomugha
FS- Mike Griffin
SS- Chris Hope

I get all hot and bothered just daydreaming about it!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Add in Eric King at NB, and we have the best secondary played by humans in the history of football in the known and unknown universe!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso is shut down on madden, which is impossible to be shutdown on, therfore by process of deduction aso is god...woah

draft wise i think we need to take a stud WR finall, i love percy harvin, hes a gamebreaker which is what we need

i also like sen'derrick marks but on because of that name
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2135/...19396d.jpg?v=0

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

DJ Moore is a beast.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So if the Titans are picking at 32, which is where the power rankings say they will be, although much could change, and the following players were still available, which would you want?

Jeremy Maclin
Percy Harvin
Kenny Britt

James Laurinaitis

George Selvie

D.J. Moore
Trevard Lindley
Mike Mickens
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
So if the Titans are picking at 32, which is where the power rankings say they will be, although much could change, and the following players were still available, which would you want?

Jeremy Maclin
Percy Harvin
Kenny Britt

James Laurinaitis

George Selvie

D.J. Moore
Trevard Lindley

Mike Mickens
Anyone in bold for me.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

1) Jeremy Maclin
2a) D.J. Moore
2b) George Selvie
4) James Laurinitis
5) Kenny Britt

That's my top 5. Maclin would give us a receiver with speed, and be our most electric returner since PacMan. Me and VDM have been on the DJ Moore bandwagon for a while - he's a great tackler who can makes plays on the ball and return on special teams. You can never have enough great DE's, and Selvie would thrive on our DL. Laurinitis would solve our problems at MLB, and Kenny Britt has looked impressive this season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.