Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Musical Theater Thread

Because you 13 year old girls can't get enough of quality music theatre...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatest post ever
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown was one of my favorite productions that I saw on Broadway. It starred Kristin Chenowith and B.D. Wong (Psychologist on L&O: SVU). It was pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome.

My Top 20 List (only shows I've seen can be on it):

1. Pippin
2. Assassins
3. Mystery of Edwin Drood
4. Les Mis
5. Evita
6. Rent
7. Jesus Christ Sueprstar
8. Tick...Tick..BOOM
9. Avenue Q
10. A New Brain
11. Sweeney Todd
12. Ragtime
13. 1776
14. Merrily We Roll Along
15. Bat Boy
16. Dreamgirls
17. The Full Monty
18. The Rocky Horror Show
19. Fiddler On The Rood
20. Blood Brothers

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Awesome.

My Top 20 List (only shows I've seen can be on it):

1. Pippin
2. Assassins
3. Mystery of Edwin Drood
4. Les Mis
5. Evita
6. Rent
7. Jesus Christ Sueprstar
8. Tick...Tick..BOOM
9. Avenue Q
10. A New Brain
11. Sweeney Todd
12. Ragtime
13. 1776
14. Merrily We Roll Along
15. Bat Boy
16. Dreamgirls
17. The Full Monty
18. The Rocky Horror Show
19. Fiddler On The Rood
20. Blood Brothers
I love me some Assasins. I got to do a read through with other actors were I played Lee Harvey Oswald which was pretty sweet. The lack of Sweeney Todd though is disturbing.
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I love me some Assasins. I got to do a read through with other actors were I played Lee Harvey Oswald which was pretty sweet. The lack of Sweeney Todd though is disturbing.
Wasn't NPH Lee Harvey Oswald?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe you should read #11.

I saw the Revival with Neil Patrick Harris, and I wore out the original CD my brother gave me.

No, NPH was the Balladeer, Michael Cerveris (Tommy, Sweeney Revival,) was Booth.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe you should read #11.

I saw the Revival with Neil Patrick Harris, and I wore out the original CD my brother gave me.
NPH as Oswald = epic win.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
NPH as Oswald = epic win.
Yup, he was very good. I knew I'd love it, actually seeing a remarkable cast made it so much more outstanding.

I've directed a few musicals and been in a buttload. I'm generally considered the musical expert by my friends.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

If anyone else made this thread it would be **** on.

Just sayin'.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Into the Woods was late Sondheim. 1987 in fact. It was after Sweeney Todd, West Side Story, Gypsy, Company, Follies and a few others.
Well, he only did the lyrics to West Side. But ITW was not his best work. Sweeney, Company, and Merrily are right up there. Gypsy is a bit niche, as is Follies IMO.

Follow Me on Twitter!
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My parents took me to see Tommy, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Hair when I was like 11 years old. Tommy was awesome. i could do without the full frontal nudity in Hair.
Turtlepower
All-Pro

JBond, I respect you so much more for putting Bat Boy on that list!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ah, Hair is sweet. Never saw a full nude production, but my brother was Claude in college, and OSU did it a few years back and I saw it.

Ha, Bloomsburg is doing Bat Boy actually. I almost auditioned, but Grad School is too much work (and I'd have to miss the OSU/PSU game).

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

No Hamlet 2?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

JBond, have you seen Godspell? Seeing as you're a fan of Pippin, I think you would enjoy that as well.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
JBond, have you seen Godspell? Seeing as you're a fan of Pippin, I think you would enjoy that as well.
I've been in Godspell twice (Once as Judas), directed it once, seen it about six times.

In HS, I would see about 15-20 HS shows a year. Toss in some of Pittsburgh (one of the best theater cities in the country outside of NY,) touring shows, I've had a lot of exposure.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
I've been in Godspell twice (Once as Judas), directed it once, seen it about six times.
Do you just not enjoy it anymore because I didn't see it in your top-20.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Do you just not enjoy it anymore because I didn't see it in your top-20.
I like it, but it is so variable.

Godspell is the one show without a strict license in terms of not editing material. I've see people do it like the original and it sucked sooo hardcore.

If you put it in present context, it can be incredible and moving.

I directed Middle School students in it (6-8,) and did some cool stuff. Arnold Schwartzenegger (sp?) Sponge Bob, Bill Gates, the Simpsons.

The second production I was in was awesome. Full House skits, Austin Powers, etc. (this was in 2000ish)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray unnecessary generalizations involving homosexuality and theatre!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hooray unnecessary generalizations involving homosexuality and theatre!
No serious assertions.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
No serious assertions.
No way to tell but, regardless, I find it silly that people feel that being involved in theatre is somehow homosexual when just about everyone's favorite actor/actress almost undoubtedly did theatre at one point in their lives.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No way to tell but, regardless, I find it silly that people feel that being involved in theatre is somehow homosexual when just about everyone's favorite actor/actress almost undoubtedly did theatre at one point in their lives.
Ben Foster didn't do theatre, he just started acting and people watched him.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
He was on the Disney Channel
Old 10-28-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
We're referring to good actors in this argument.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote: