Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shiver's random musings

This Joe Flacco vs. Matt Ryan discussion amuses me. Right now it is way too early to call that one. Although I clearly have an inclination with who I would rather have, it is all conjecture. But most importantly both the Falcons and Ravens have been snake bit when it comes to the QB position, until now. It is about time that things went well for both teams.

Watch out for the Dolphins. They are only one game back and they have a cupcake schedule consisting of match-ups with the Raiders, 49ers, Rams, Chiefs. They also get the Patriots at home. I want to ask something as well: why is Chad Pennington out-playing Brett Favre? With worse receivers I might add.

I was underwhelmed with the Giants last year. They barely made the playoffs, and their Super Bowl run was both unprecedented and completely unexpected. No honest Giants fan expected them to transform the way they did. Somehow, someway they "clicked" and became a different team. This year they are still "that team."

The Titans are the only team in recent memory that seems to be perfectly imitating the 2000 Ravens model. They will win a lot of games in the trenches, they have the game's best CB, and Chris Johnson can be a game-breaker. With all of the "usual suspects" failing in the AFC, why not the Titans?

Mark my words: the Chargers will surpass the Broncos in the AFC West. They do not have a great defense this year, but they are still better than the Broncos in that regard. Philip Rivers is still my favorite of the '04 class, rings considering.

The Falcons get to play the Bucs and Panthers at home down the stretch, just sayin'. Besides the point, wasn't the NFC South supposed to be the "worst division by far." Nice prediction....

Is this the first year that there was no clear cut MVP? I really have no clue who will win it. But I will throw a name out there: Kurt Warner. He is playing like it is 1999 again and the Cardinals are four games up in the division.

Basically I was bored and wanted to post something.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-11-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff. I am sad this stuff doesnt come up every week like it used to.

And Finnegan is not the games best CB. Nnamdi Asomugha. If you had worded it as the games best CB that plays for a team that actually matters, then maybe you would be right.

And I agree about the Chargers. I see them getting hot and winning games based on River's arm, if nothing else. I really hope they don't get too hot by the time we play them.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a giants fan, I didn't expect us to win the superbowl. I did expect playoffs and get out of the first round. We made the playoffs under two idiot coordinators, Tim Lewis and John Hufangel. And we fired both guys that were originally brought in with Coughlin. We promoted Gilbride, and hired spags. I expected this team to get out of the first round, which we did. I, however didn't expect us to win it all. I was very confident we could beat the Bucs because I felt we matched up well against them. After that it was all house money.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
And Finnegan is not the games best CB. Nnamdi Asomugha. If you had worded it as the games best CB that plays for a team that actually matters, then maybe you would be right. .
im not sure whose better. Finnegan or Revis
Old 11-11-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference between the 2000 Ravens and the 2008 Titans is as follows:

The ravens defense was marginally better.
The titans running game is marginally better.
The ravens had a better back 7.
The titans have a better front 4.

That's pretty much it. I think that the ravens were more dominant because of that. But the titans are clearly more balanced with Johnson/Lenwhale vs Holmes/Lewis

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 11-11-2008 at 01:17 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Don't worry Atlanta fans...the Giants defense will give you another edge in the Flacco-Ryan debates this upcoming week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Don't worry Atlanta fans...the Giants defense will give you another edge in the Flacco-Ryan debates this upcoming week.
Its about time. He can't continue making a name for himself after playing OAK, CLE, and HOU all the time.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-11-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its about time. He can't continue making a name for himself after playing OAK, CLE, and HOU all the time.
he did make a name for himself leading a TD drive in PIT in the 2nd half to tie the game.

But either was it is obvious both Flacco and Ryan can become franchise QB, it is impossible to tell who will be better, say the Ravens want to still be a D minded team and build on the defense never getting Flacco offensive weapons, or they spend a ton on offense giving him several play makers. Or vice versa it is way to early to tell.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
he did make a name for himself leading a TD drive in PIT in the 2nd half to tie the game.

But either was it is obvious both Flacco and Ryan can become franchise QB, it is impossible to tell who will be better, say the Ravens want to still be a D minded team and build on the defense never getting Flacco offensive weapons, or they spend a ton on offense giving him several play makers. Or vice versa it is way to early to tell.
T'was a joke.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
T'was a joke.
o ok I gotcha, I mean we both got franchise QBs, and I am not shocked at all that Ryan is doing better, go back to the draft and if you asked who was more NFL ready every single person would say Ryan over Flacco.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy in my sig is the best CB in the game.... Finnegan is top 5 or 10 this year

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Dont Read Threads Without Mentioning Tyler Thigpen!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well u obviously did :D

any who, i thought everyone knew that the NFC West is the worst division and then the AFC West, i thought that was always the case

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Titans signed Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason? Good luck passing on that secondary.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Titans signed Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason? Good luck passing on that secondary.
As a Colts fan, I can honestly say it would not be awesome to see Nnamdi Asomugha in a Titans jersey.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
that would be brutal.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Chiefs will be the cupcake as they may have been in Sept./Oct.does'nt mean they'll have any wins to show for it but it certainly will not be easy for the Phins IMO
Old 11-11-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This Joe Flacco vs. Matt Ryan discussion amuses me. Right now it is way too early to call that one. Although I clearly have an inclination with who I would rather have, it is all conjecture. But most importantly both the Falcons and Ravens have been snake bit when it comes to the QB position, until now. It is about time that things went well for both teams.

Watch out for the Dolphins. They are only one game back and they have a cupcake schedule consisting of match-ups with the Raiders, 49ers, Rams, Chiefs. They also get the Patriots at home. I want to ask something as well: why is Chad Pennington out-playing Brett Favre? With worse receivers I might add.

I was underwhelmed with the Giants last year. They barely made the playoffs, and their Super Bowl run was both unprecedented and completely unexpected. No honest Giants fan expected them to transform the way they did. Somehow, someway they "clicked" and became a different team. This year they are still "that team."

The Titans are the only team in recent memory that seems to be perfectly imitating the 2000 Ravens model. They will win a lot of games in the trenches, they have the game's best CB, and Chris Johnson can be a game-breaker. With all of the "usual suspects" failing in the AFC, why not the Titans?

Mark my words: the Chargers will surpass the Broncos in the AFC West. They do not have a great defense this year, but they are still better than the Broncos in that regard. Philip Rivers is still my favorite of the '04 class, rings considering.

The Falcons get to play the Bucs and Panthers at home down the stretch, just sayin'. Besides the point, wasn't the NFC South supposed to be the "worst division by far." Nice prediction....

Is this the first year that there was no clear cut MVP? I really have no clue who will win it. But I will throw a name out there: Kurt Warner. He is playing like it is 1999 again and the Cardinals are four games up in the division.

Basically I was bored and wanted to post something.
I can't see Matt Ryan being much good against either defense and Tampa gets back Caddy. I think a lot of these games will depend on how the Falcon's opponents come into the game, rather than how good the falcons play, realistically if the Panthers or Buccs play flat and crap its the falcons to lose but if both teams are fired, the Falcons don't stand a chance.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I can't see Matt Ryan being much good against either defense and Tampa gets back Caddy. I think a lot of these games will depend on how the Falcon's opponents come into the game, rather than how good the falcons play, realistically if the Panthers or Buccs play flat and crap its the falcons to lose but if both teams are fired, the Falcons don't stand a chance.
Tom Cable said the Raiders had had the best week of practice before playing the Falcons. 24-0. Sean Payton had a bye and said the team had their best week of practice. 34-20.

If the Falcons defense can play like they did against the Saints, the Bucs and Panthers offense will hardly manage any points. Falcons offense vs Bucs/Panthers D should be interesting though.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers and Buccs both have better offensive lines and starting running backs than the Saints did. Plus, as good as Colston is, he's no Steve Smith.

I see what you're saying, but just because a coach says they practiced good, doesn't mean they played hard.

Hell Fox said the same thing about the Panthers going in to face Oakland and the offense was abhorrent. We get a nice tune up game against Detroit and then its on to Atlanta.

I still like our chances, not much has changed since you guys came to Carolina and I don't know if playing in the dome will be such a massive advantage that it will override the other issues the team had facing the Buccs and Panthers.

They'll be good games to watch, no doubts there, but Atlanta is the third horse in the race imo.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
The Panthers and Buccs both have better offensive lines and starting running backs than the Saints did. Plus, as good as Colston is, he's no Steve Smith.

I see what you're saying, but just because a coach says they practiced good, doesn't mean they played hard.

Hell Fox said the same thing about the Panthers going in to face Oakland and the offense was abhorrent. We get a nice tune up game against Detroit and then its on to Atlanta.

I still like our chances, not much has changed since you guys came to Carolina and I don't know if playing in the dome will be such a massive advantage that it will override the other issues the team had facing the Buccs and Panthers.

They'll be good games to watch, no doubts there, but Atlanta is the third horse in the race imo.
The Falcons team has been improving every week. All the gelling and learning of schemes is really coming through right now. A lot of the guys are on the same page now, which is different from before. I think playing in a familiar setting is going to help the Falcons a lot, because of the youth of this team.

Either way, the Falcons-Panthers and Falcons-Bucs games are going to be good. I have the Panthers game as a L and the Bucs game as a W.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I just hope, whatever happens no injuries.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is this replacing your NFL Truths thing?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because their star player on defense hasn't played a full 16 game season since his rookie year (when he only started 3 games) and eventually they're not going to get all the breaks?

Quote:
That was my prediction, and I'll defend it. First of all, I didn't say "by far", just that I thought it would be the worst division in football. You have to admit, a lot of things had to break right for 2 teams in the NFC South for them to be where they are today. The Atlanta Falcons have a rookie QB who's playing like no rookie QB has ever played before, and it's led them to a 6-3 record, including 4-0 at home. I didn't think it possible at the beginning of the season, but they may well take that division, and continue its longstanding worst-to-first tradition. The Carolina Panthers have been relatively injury free for the first time in a long time, and QB Jake Delhomme (apart from Sunday's game) has shown very few ill effects coming off of Tommy John surgery. If Matt Ryan played like an average rookie QB and the Panthers continued to be bitten by the injury bug, my prediction may well have been right.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This will not happen unless Tomlinson gets healthy. People were quick to crown the Chargers new explosive passing game and proclaim that the Chargers had moved on, but look where they sit. Second to last in plays from scrimmage. Their fairly good defense is been overwhelmed by sheer volume (not to mention, they sorely miss Shawne Merriman. He rectified their overall average secondary and forced teams to run into that defensive line.

That team is built to function with Tomlinson. I can't really picture Norv Turner suddenly solving this issue mid-season. They don't have a particularly easy path from here either. Over their next 7 games they 5 teams above .500 including away games in Pittsburgh and Tampa and home games against Indianapolis and Atlanta. Of course, the Denver Broncos have, at best, a slightly easier way to go. But San Diego is going to have to bring their 2007 form to beat some of those teams. I think a .500 finish might be all they can muster. Not sure Denver can beat that, but I think they can tie. Which could mean that this could all come down to the week 17 matchup (depending on how both teams play against Kansas City and Oakland, I suppose).

That would be quite the game.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 11-12-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote