Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 & 2012 World Champion San Francisco Giants Discussion

It seems like every other team forum has an equivalent baseball team thread, so why not us?

I'll start this thread of by displaying a pic of my favorite Giant as a kid.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grrrrrrr. I'm going to end up busting out a ton of rants in this thread.

Just for funzies, I'll post my infamous sig:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Clark is my all-time favorite Giants player and lol @Borat - I forgot about that sig.

Edit: I should say that Will Clark is my favorite Giants player that I have seen play. Its hard to go against the guy named Willie as the all-time favorite. Wish I could have seen him play.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 05-18-2009 at 09:43 AM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Giants but I like some of the players.

JT Snow was my all time favorite Giant.

Rob Nenn was one of my faves and the reason why I wore 31 in baseball from 2nd grade to 11th.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nen's slider was filthy. That ***** would drop a couple of feet and make batters look silly. Loved Nen.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started a thread like this before but I think it upset a few guys because they're like Dodgers/Angels/A's fans or fans of non-CA teams.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I started a thread like this before but I think it upset a few guys because they're like Dodgers/Angels/A's fans or fans of non-CA teams.
I like the Dodgers.. uhhh ohhhhhh

Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I like the Dodgers.. uhhh ohhhhhh
You have syphilis.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
You have syphilis.
You have Swine Flu

Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

You have dysentery

/Oregon trail

Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, enough - ENOUGH!

Who is your favorite young Giant? By young I meran mnor leauges to less then 2 years of pro ball experience.

Mine is Buster Posey. He's a catcher at "A" - San Jose now. His average is not where it was in college, but his power-stroke is still formidable.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Pitcher wise, it's Madison Bumgarner. Hard throwing lefty. Just got moved up to AA. He'll be in SF within 2 years. Tim Alderson is badass too. The rotation in a couple of years should be God, Cain, Bumgarner, Alderson, Zito. That's sexy as hell, except for the albatross at the end.

Hitting wise, gimme Angel Villalona. He hit 17 bombs last year as a 17-year old in A ball. He's hitting well in San Jose this year. He's a couple of years away as well.

As for Posey, I like him a lot as well. He's been slumping lately though. He spent the first month of the season hitting just under .400 and is now down to under .300

Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Pitcher wise, it's Madison Bumgarner. Hard throwing lefty. Just got moved up to AA. He'll be in SF within 2 years. Tim Alderson is badass too. The rotation in a couple of years should be God, Cain, Bumgarner, Alderson, Zito. That's sexy as hell, except for the albatross at the end.

Hitting wise, gimme Angel Villalona. He hit 17 bombs last year as a 17-year old in A ball. He's hitting well in San Jose this year. He's a couple of years away as well.

As for Posey, I like him a lot as well. He's been slumping lately though. He spent the first month of the season hitting just under .400 and is now down to under .300
God he has been terrible since crossing the bay.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Can I talk about the Dodgers here?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Can I talk about the Dodgers here?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Well, unless you want to talk about Manny and his limp noodle.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pablo Sandoval aka "Panda" is quickly becoming a Giant's fan favorite. I believe he has star potential - his contact hitting has shades of a young Tony Gwynn.

Borat's sig was awesome. I remember that...BUT, if Sabean is the worst, then why would the Dodgers hire his mentee as their GM? ;)

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at the San Jose affiliate... **** my life there is so much talent on that team. AND THEY'RE ALL OURS! I hate to say it but Sabean finally decided to fund a good farm system and look what happens? Good young talent... what a shocker?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Look at the San Jose affiliate... **** my life there is so much talent on that team. AND THEY'RE ALL OURS! I hate to say it but Sabean finally decided to fund a good farm system and look what happens? Good young talent... what a shocker?
Yeah never thought Sabean would commit to the farm system but he has retooled the hell out of it. Also landing Posey, Gillaspie, and Crawford in the draft and signing Rafael Rodriguez last year was incredible. Props to Sabs......now don't do something stupid at the trade deadline.

Man feel bad for Lowry:
http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci...nclick_check=1
Quote:
Noah Lowry's road back to the major leagues just got longer.

With his latest comeback bid stalled because of chronic pain in his left shoulder and neck, the Giants left-hander is scheduled to undergo surgery today to remove the first rib on his left side. Recovery time is estimated at three months, leaving little hope he will pitch this season.
Was hoping he could get things on track but just can't catch a break.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 05-19-2009 at 01:31 AM.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

his agent also said that the giants misdiagnosed his injury and he has been spinning his wheels for the past 9 months w/ rehabbing the wrong injury. awesome
A couple of years ago lowry was my favorite player on the giants. I was at his major league debut. He took a no-no into the seventh, when my father, the awesome fan that he is, says to me "when do you think we should leave to beat traffic?" boom no-no broken up almost instantaneously. I used to love the radar gun during his starts. A 74 mph curve? really? a 71 mph change? it was unreal. throw in the fact that he used to pinch run for us, it was awesome.
I really hope he rehabs this thing and comes back. damn it.

The lineup these days is ATROCIOUS!! Randy Winn was the only thing holding it together last year (him and molina, but molinas obp is horrid and why he is best suited as a clean-up guy, only hes only decent compared to just about every other cleanup hitter in the league although i have plenty of love for his clutch hitting). Zito has been great but cant get a W. You're really gonna tell me that signing Renteria for the same kind of money as Adam Dunn wouldve got was a good idea? and now the red sox are going to beat us to the punch with nick johnson. ***** horrible.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I get a daily update on all of the Giants prospects from a website I like to visit. I can post them here if you guys want.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I get a daily update on all of the Giants prospects from a website I like to visit. I can post them here if you guys want.
Sure, I'm all for that.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Giants prospect stats for 5/19/09 (keep in mind that if you don't see a particular prospect listed, that's because he either did nothing that day, or didn't play)

Highlights of the day: (a) Brandon Crawford has four hits in four plate appearances; (b) Buster Posey has two XBH; (c) Matt Downs has three XBH. Honorable mention for a pitcher goes to Daryl Maday with another effective start, although his peripheral stats keep him just in the honorable mention category this time.

AAA: Fresno defeated Albuquerque 5-4 (14 innings)

Fresno: CF Andres Torres: 0 for 3, 2 SO
Fresno: 2B Matt Downs: 3 for 7, 3 2B
Fresno: 1B Jesus Guzman: 2 for 5, 2 2B, 2 BB, 2 IBB
Fresno: SS Jake Wald: 4 for 7, 2B, 2 SO, E

Fresno: RHP Ryan Sadwoski: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K--1 HR
Fresno: LHP Alex Hinshaw: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
Fresno: LHP Geno Espineli: 2.0 IP, 1 BB, 2 K
Fresno: RHP Steve Palazzolo: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 3 BB, 1 K--1 HB
Albuquerque: LHP Shawn Estes: 6.0+ IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

Wald had four of the Grizzlies' sixteen hits, raising his AVG to .215. He had had just five hits during his previous nine games. Guzman also reached base four times, although twice by intentional walk. He had two doubles, while Downs had three doubles--interestingly enough, all against five different pitchers. Both of them now have 12 doubles this year. Torres now has 9 SO in 16 AB in his five rehab appearances.

Sadowski and Estes, the ex-Giant now in the Dodgers organization, both had quality starts with 3 ER in 6.0 IP. Sadowski has now allowed exactly 3 ER in five of his last seven starts. Estes now has a 3.00 ERA after eight starts. Although Sadowski has not allowed more than 3 ER in any start, he has an ERA above 4.00. Hinshaw allowed a run for his first blown save. Espineli and Palazzolo combined for five scoreless innings in the extra frames, allowing just one hit but four walks. Espineli improved his ERA to 2.84 while Palazzolo's ERA remained above 4.00.

AA: Connecticut lost to Binghamton 4-2
(allowing two runs in the 9th inning)

Connecticut: SS Brandon Crawford: 4 for 4, E
Connecticut: CF Mike McBryde: 2 for 4, SO, CS

Connecticut: RHP Daryl Maday: 6.0 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Connecticut: RHP Waldis Joaquin: 0.2 IP, 1 H
Connecticut: LHP Joe Paterson: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 2 K--1 HB

Crawford had four of the Defenders' eleven hits, raising his AVG to .351. He now has 13 H and 11 SO in 37 AB since his promotion. McBryde, playing his first game as a Defender, was one of two other Defenders with a multi-hit line.

Despite allowing a season high 8 H, Maday had his third straight start with at least 6.0 IP and no more than 2 ER. Joaquin had his sixth straight appearance without a strikeout. Paterson's appearance resulted in a stat line not fitting with the rest of his season. He had previously allowed 0 ER and 2 BB in thirteen appearances but allowed 2 ER and 4 BB in his fourteenth appearance of the season.

A+: San Jose defeated Inland Empire 6-3

San Jose: DH Buster Posey: 2 for 3, 2 2B, HBP
San Jose: 3B Conor Gillaspie: 2 for 4, 2B
San Jose: 3B Brian Bocock: 3 for 4

San Jose: LHP Craig Clark: 7.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K--2 HR
San Jose: RHP Dan Turpen: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 3 K

Bocock had three of the Giants' eleven hits, raising his AVG to .225. The other two Giants with mutli-hit lines were Posey and Gillaspie. Posey's 10th and 11th doubles raised his AVG back above .300. Gillaspie's two hits, including his 8th double, raised his AVG to just .257.

Clark matched his longest start of the season with 7.0 IP. With 6 K and 0 BB, he raised his K/BB ratio above 8.00. Turpen struck out three of the seven batters he faced, and two more scoreless innings lowered his ERA to 0.68.

A-: Augusta had a scheduled off-day
(Their next scheduled off-day is May 28.)

Much thanks to Steve S at McCovey Chronicles for the stats and write-up.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

time to call up jesus, giants give up two hits and lose again.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
time to call up jesus, giants give up two hits and lose again.
I'm hoping they bring up a few of the AAA guys over the course of the year to let them get some experience in the majors. Just give them a few ABs against some crappy teams or something.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Giants prospect stats for 5/20/09 (keep in mind that if you don't see a particular prospect listed, that's because he either did nothing that day, or didn't play)

Tonight's highlights might be honorable mentions on other nights: (a) Brandon Crawford has his first HR in the upper minors; (b) Ben Copeland has two doubles; and (c) Oliver Odle does not allow an earned run. From a prospect point of view, the most significant line of the night is Tim Alderson's third start in the upper minors. It was a quality start but not quite highlight worthy.

AAA Fresno was off

AA: Connecticut defeated Binghamton 6-3
(after scoring five runs in 3rd inning)

Connecticut: SS Brandon Crawford: 2 for 4, HR, SB
Connecticut: RF Eddy Martinez-Esteve: 2 for 2, 2 BB, CS
Connecticut: C Tyler LaTorre: 1 for 4, HR, PB

Connecticut: RHP Tim Alderson: 6.1 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
Connecticut: LHP Jesse English: 1.2 IP, 1 BB, 3 K

Crawford and LaTorre both hit their first Eastern League HRs. Both Crawford and LaTorre have OPS's over 1.000, Crawford through 146 AB this year (with both Connecticut and San Jose) and LaTorre through his first 34 AB. EME reached base three times, raising his OBP to .389.

Pitching on three days rest after his one-inning start, Alderson made his third start with the Defenders. For the season, Alderson's peripheral stats are now 42 H, 4 BB, and 38 K in 40.0 IP. After making his four previous appearances as a starter, English returned to the bullpen and struck out three of the six batters he faced.

A+: San Jose lost to Inland Empire 2-1

San Jose: CF Ben Copeland 2 for 4, 2 2B
San Jose: C Buster Posey: 1 for 3, BB, SO, PB
San Jose: RF Roger Kieschnick: 0 for 4, 3 SO

San Jose: RHP Oliver Odle: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K--1 PO
San Jose: RHP Sergio Romo: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 3 K
Inland Empire: RHP Steve Johnson: 8.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K

Copeland's 3rd and 4th doubles were two of the Giants' three hits. With the Giants' other hit and one of their two walks, Posey also reached base twice. Kieschnick had the oh-fer with the hat trick, but his AVG remains above .330.

Odle had his first start of the year without allowing an earned run, improving his ERA to 5.50. The two unearned runs dropped his W-L record to 2-4. Romo retired eight of nine batters in his fourth rehab appearance. Johnson, whom BA ranked as the Dodgers' #15 prospect, had his best start of the year. His peripheral stats are now 35 H, 18 BB, and 59 K in 44.0 IP with a 3.68 ERA.

A-: Augusta defeated Greenville 4-3
(after scoring all four runs in the 4th inning)

Augusta: LF Wendell Fairley: 2 for 3, 2B

Augusta: RHP Chance Corgan: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K--1 HR, 1 WP
Augusta: LHP Dan Runzler: 2.0 IP, 1 BB, 6 K
Greenville: RHP Casey Kelly: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 3 K--1 WP

With two of the GreenJackets' three hits, Fairley was the only GreenJacket to reach base twice. His season line is now .232/.318/.316 through 95 AB.

Corgan, who moved into the rotation when Kelvin Marte went on the DL, made his second start. He has solid peripheral stats with 20 H, 6 BB, and 19 K in 23.1 IP. Runzler continues strikeout hitters at an amazing clip. In six May appearances, he now has 18 K in 9.0 IP. Kelly, the Red Sox' first round pick last year, had perhaps his least effective start of the year, suffering his first professional loss. The 19-year-old's stats are 31 H, 9 BB, and 36 K in 42.1 IP with a 1.28 ERA.

Much thanks to Steve S at McCovey Chronicles for the stats and write-up.