Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Best prospect nationally in 2011

Ohio Quarterback Braxton miller. If you haven't heard of him yet, you likely will start hearing about him very soon. Already has offers from just about every major school in the nation, yet he hardly even played as a sophomore (most of the offers were based off his freshman year performance + 3-4 sophomore games prior to injury).

6'2- 4.4 forty, lightning quick release, great accuracy, awesome arm strength. Literally, there is only 1 possible weakness one could point out with him, and that being he could potentially be an inch or two taller (although he'd likely lose some agility).

His highlight tape would be one of the top in the country based on throwing ability, or running ability.

Highlight reel is linked below

http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/vi...Braxton.Miller

Keep in mind all of this is either sophomore or freshman game film. Un-Real.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we'll see, there will be guys who come along.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Teddy Bridgewater. The difference in the two is while Miller might be the slightly better runner he always seems to be looking to run while Bridgewater is always looking to throw.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I prefer Teddy Bridgewater. The difference in the two is while Miller might be the slightly better runner he always seems to be looking to run while Bridgewater is always looking to throw.
Meh, I do agree that Bridgewater seems to want to pass more often, but on the passes that Miller throws, they're crisper, come out quicker, and he throws incredibly accurately to covered people. Most of bridgewater's passes (i havent seen as good highlights of him to be fair) were pretty rediculous as well, although I would say Miller is a little bit better of a runner. I think they're honestly 1a and 1b, but not even being a homer, I think between Bridgewater and Miller, they're probably both the best quarterback prospects in a long long time. And yes, I do think they're both better prospects than Terrelle Pryor. (perhaps not better overall athletes, but in terms of complete qb prospects.... they're both on a different level)

Regardless, Miller is the best quarterback prospect to have ever come out of ohio, and most of that is being based on freshman highlights.

Last edited by gstock05 : 09-07-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You saying they are better than Matt Barkley, the man with the cannon.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braxton Miller's release looks weird like Pryor's.

EDIT: Bridgewater has a much more fluid motion.

Last edited by JeffSamardzijaIRISH : 09-07-2009 at 11:46 AM.
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Braxton Miller's release looks weird like Pryor's.

EDIT: Bridgewater has a much more fluid motion.
Completely not the case. Pryor had a very side arm motion and wasn't a "quick" thrower.

Miller has an over-the top motion that releases as quick as just about any prospect in the country, and his passes zip out in perfect spirals.

Like I mentioned, I think Bridgewater and Miller are 1a and 1b, but I do think they're both better than Barkley was last year.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Miller as the best quarterback, but not the best prospect overall.

I really haven't narrowed it down to #1 but my top three are Aaron Green, Ray Drew and George Farmer.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I like Miller as the best quarterback, but not the best prospect overall.

I really haven't narrowed it down to #1 but my top three are Aaron Green, Ray Drew and George Farmer.
Aaron Green is way overrated. Malcolm Brown is a far superior back. He can do it all.

I like Cyrus Kouandjio, James Wilder. Jr. and Christian Westerman right now.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dominique Terrell from Virginia is a Percy Harvin clone.

LB Curtis Grant from Virginia will be a top LB.

Virginia OT Landon Turner is one of the top OL nationally, and he didn't even play last season.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a physical standpoint.

Jadaveon Clowney.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no specific order...

Christian Westerman
James Vaughters
DeAnthony Thomas
Aaron Green
James Wilder Jr.
Austin Seferian Jenkins
George Farmer
Tim Jernigan
Teddy Bridgewater
Kasen Williams
Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

You guys must not know about the Black Mamba. DeAnthony Thomas from Crenshaw runs a 10.6 already as a Junior and will probably be the fastest RB from California.

Here's a highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbhjzAWQuA

He and Aaron Green will contend for the top spot and overall #1. SC has a good shot at both of them.

As for Miller, I like his film. He does have good running ability and has a quicker release than Pryor. I definitely need to see more film of him passing, and in better quality. It's hard to see if his passes have that much zip or accuracy to then, and his mechanics I won't judge until I see them closer.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Gstock, is Miller a lock to go to OSU? If Pryor leaves after his junior year, Miller could step right in as a freshman.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
Gstock, is Miller a lock to go to OSU? If Pryor leaves after his junior year, Miller could step right in as a freshman.
Miller has been a Buckeye for years now. It's not a matter of if, but when.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How bout throwing Savon Huggins (RB from NJ) and Daniel Lasco (RB from TX) out there in this discussion. Both are damn good.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:11 AM    (permalink
freeupfreeney
Rookie

freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.freeupfreeney wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
You guys must not know about the Black Mamba. DeAnthony Thomas from Crenshaw runs a 10.6 already as a Junior and will probably be the fastest RB from California.

Here's a highlight.

He and Aaron Green will contend for the top spot and overall #1. SC has a good shot at both of them.

As for Miller, I like his film. He does have good running ability and has a quicker release than Pryor. I definitely need to see more film of him passing, and in better quality. It's hard to see if his passes have that much zip or accuracy to then, and his mechanics I won't judge until I see them closer.
I went to crenshaw high, they gets not love, Coach Garret can be a douce sometimes. The only guy drafted from thier is Brandon Meabane and Antoine Applewhite on from the practice squad who was one of my best friends
freeupfreeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Here's a highlight.

Green may not even be the best prospect in Texas. Malcolm Brown is an absolute stud. Most are saying he's the 2nd best RB prospect out of Texas since AP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFe68uBDXU
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gchu83 View Post
Green may not even be the best prospect in Texas. Malcolm Brown is an absolute stud. Most are saying he's the 2nd best RB prospect out of Texas since AP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TFe68uBDXU
Completely agree Brown >>>>>>> Green
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Here's a highlight.

Thomas...reggie bush esque

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
In no specific order...

Christian Westerman
James Vaughters
DeAnthony Thomas
Aaron Green
James Wilder Jr.
Austin Seferian Jenkins
George Farmer
Tim Jernigan
Teddy Bridgewater
Kasen Williams
I can agree with this list pretty much

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cross Miller off your lists guys. He has been terrible and is now suspended the rest of the season for punching his girlfriend in the hallway at school.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Cross Miller off your lists guys. He has been terrible and is now suspended the rest of the season for punching his girlfriend in the hallway at school.
Where did you get this baloney from? Don't tell me you read bucknuts. That was a nasty rumor started on bucknuts... that is completely false. He's had a deep thigh bruise the past 2 games.. thats why he hasnt played.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
Where did you get this baloney from? Don't tell me you read bucknuts. That was a nasty rumor started on bucknuts... that is completely false. He's had a deep thigh bruise the past 2 games.. thats why he hasnt played.
I live in the same city he plays football. I live next door to the head coach. I have brothers that go to high school with him. It isn't a rumor, it is 100% fact.

Last edited by AkiliSmith : 10-09-2009 at 11:52 PM.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
BadHabitz
Rookie

BadHabitz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BadHabitz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's kind of sad when you go around spreading rumors (and yes they are rumors until proven by an official source) about kids... not adults, but kids in high school. Especially someone who is not even a senior yet.
BadHabitz is offline   Reply With Quote