Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Brian Westbrook Number 2 Player i would take

If We had a NFL draft and it was strictly for runningbacks, the number one would go LT, But then..Could number 2 go WestBrook? KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT RANKING RUNNINGBACKS THIS IS WHO YOU WOULD TAKE, I KNOW LARRY JOHNSON IS A BETTER R-U-N-N-I-N-G BACK BUT WESTBROOK IS MORE VERSITALE AND THE SECOND BIGGEST WEAPON IN THE NFL YOU CAN HAVE IN YOUR BACKFIELD, agree?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Steven Jackson over either of them.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I would take Steven Jackson over either of them.
Amen to that.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'd go with Bush because of age and versitlity. Jackson would be high also, LT and West would also be up there.

If it's this year LT, then Larry Johnson then West for me
Old 03-13-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would pick them in this order

LT
LJ
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Shaun Alexander
Reggie Bush
Brian Westbrook
Old 03-13-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i would pick them in this order

LT
LJ
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Shaun Alexander
Reggie Bush
Brian Westbrook
I like that list, though Gore has to go below all of them due to his knee and shoulder injury history. 1 good season doesn't make him that valuable...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not gonna lie... i'd draft Jones-Drew over either of them. This kid is going to be GREAT! Just a fast, quick, hard running back... with great character.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
I'm not gonna lie... i'd draft Jones-Drew over either of them. This kid is going to be GREAT! Just a fast, quick, hard running back... with great character.
plus he is a good returner and can catch out of the backfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie, Mo, Maroney have chance to be great

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson before anybody else besides LT.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah Reggie would without a doubt be my pick as the second best offensive weapon at HB. With LT of course being 1st. I could definetely see an argument being made for Westbrook as 2 or 3 though, he is a versatile player and a playmaker who you can build an offense around. There are of course guys like LJ and Steven jackson who are workhorse backs...It depends on what kind of offense you run.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Yeah Reggie would without a doubt be my pick as the second best offensive weapon at HB. With LT of course being 1st. I could definetely see an argument being made for Westbrook as 2 or 3 though, he is a versatile player and a playmaker who you can build an offense around. There are of course guys like LJ and Steven jackson who are workhorse backs...It depends on what kind of offense you run.
Why would you take Bush over Westbrook when he doesn't do anything better than him? If anything, Westbrook is the player that Reggie Bush one day hopes to be.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Why would you take Bush over Westbrook when he doesn't do anything better than him? If anything, Westbrook is the player that Reggie Bush one day hopes to be.
Westbrook is my favorite player but I'd take Jackson over him.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Yeah. The only reasoning I could see is injury, and one thinking that Bush may have less injury problems...

But that's completely speculation, anyways.

LT
Jackson
Westbrook
LJ
Gore/Edge/Portis.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It depends on how Bush continues to develop. His last half of the season stats were pretty phenomenal. Extrapolate them, (since that's what people do in the off-season), and you get 2,000 total yards, 104 catches, 20 total touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. Of course extrapolation is only accurate to a degree. It cannot account for intangibles, anomalies, and variation of the teammates around the player, or the players he's facing. That said; it does show the upside Reggie Bush has. He isn't on Westbrook's level yet, but he could attain that by this time next year, and eventually surpass that mark.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
It depends on how Bush continues to develop. His last half of the season stats were pretty phenomenal. Extrapolate them, (since that's what people do in the off-season), and you get 2,000 total yards, 104 catches, 20 total touchdowns, 4.8 ypc. Of course extrapolation is only accurate to a degree. It cannot account for intangibles, anomalies, and variation of the teammates around the player, or the players he's facing. That said; it does show the upside Reggie Bush has. He isn't on Westbrook's level yet, but he could attain that by this time next year, and eventually surpass that mark.
Saints fans; this was uncharacteristic for me. Soak it up, enjoy it.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saints fans; this was uncharacteristic for me. Soak it up, enjoy it.
Seriously. I don't think I've ever seen you extrapolate statistics.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check the Sig.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll jump on Steven Jackson next. No, he doesn't have burner speed but that's about the only knock against him, if it's even a knock. If he continues developing, he'll be a monster.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i also like steven jackson alot but no one can say he is better than LT
Old 03-13-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
i also like steven jackson alot but no one can say he is better than LT
I don't think anyone's saying anyone is better than LT. More of discussing who's the next best ...
Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your crazy.....LJ should easily go above him. And if versatility is what ur going for, Reggie Bush is younger and will be better very soon.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Your crazy.....LJ should easily go above him. And if versatility is what ur going for, Reggie Bush is younger and will be better very soon.
Easily? I don't see easily. I can certainly make a case for LJ as well, but Steven had more total yards last year and played behind a very young OL that was still learning things. He's a better receiver than LJ, which isn't a knock on LJ, but praise for SJ.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Easily? I don't see easily. I can certainly make a case for LJ as well, but Steven had more total yards last year and played behind a very young OL that was still learning things. He's a better receiver than LJ, which isn't a knock on LJ, but praise for SJ.
I am talking about Westbrook. I would take LJ over Jackson, but i could see the argument for jackson being made.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post

I hope your referring to westbrook..not the Armadillo
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote