Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-01-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Fantasy Baseball Question/Help Thread

Couldn't find one that was made yet so here it is

now how is my team

C Matt Wieters, Bal C
1B Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
2B Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B
3B Mark Reynolds, Ari 3B,1B
SS Erick Aybar, LAA SS
2B/SS Miguel Tejada, Bal SS
1B/3B Billy Butler, KC 1B
OF Matt Kemp, LAD OF
OF Ichiro Suzuki, Sea OF
OF Nick Markakis, Bal OF
OF Adam Jones, Bal OF
OF Michael Bourn, Hou OF
UTIL Garrett Jones, Pit 1B,OF
-
P Jonathan Broxton, LAD RP
P Jonathan Papelbon, Bos RP
P Huston Street, Col RP
P David Aardsma, Sea RP
P Brett Anderson, Oak SP
P Roy Oswalt, Hou SP
P Tim Hudson, Atl SP
P Rich Harden, Tex SP
P Stephen Strasburg, Was SP
B Wade Davis, TB SP
B Mat Latos, SD SP
B Madison Bumgarner, SF RP

ESPN h2h rules, 10 Teams

will drop one of Davis, Latos, Bumgarner and pick up a position player once rotations are determined

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my guess is that your in a league with some friends who don't know much about baseball
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah i just picked a random espn draft that was starting last night because i was bored

Old 03-01-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Couldn't find one that was made yet so here it is

now how is my team

C Matt Wieters, Bal C
1B Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
2B Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B
3B Mark Reynolds, Ari 3B,1B
SS Erick Aybar, LAA SS
2B/SS Miguel Tejada, Bal SS
1B/3B Billy Butler, KC 1B
OF Matt Kemp, LAD OF
OF Ichiro Suzuki, Sea OF
OF Nick Markakis, Bal OF
OF Adam Jones, Bal OF
OF Michael Bourn, Hou OF
UTIL Garrett Jones, Pit 1B,OF
-
P Jonathan Broxton, LAD RP
P Jonathan Papelbon, Bos RP
P Huston Street, Col RP
P David Aardsma, Sea RP
P Brett Anderson, Oak SP
P Roy Oswalt, Hou SP
P Tim Hudson, Atl SP
P Rich Harden, Tex SP
P Stephen Strasburg, Was SP
B Wade Davis, TB SP
B Mat Latos, SD SP
B Madison Bumgarner, SF RP

ESPN h2h rules, 10 Teams

will drop one of Davis, Latos, Bumgarner and pick up a position player once rotations are determined
I think your team is going to be great outside of some concerns at shortstop.. I'd try to move Harden or Hudson pretty early and sell high and upgrade short.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greinke. Yay? Nay? Why? Why not?

I read something saying he was one of the safest pitchers to draft this season.

He was VERY consistent last year. I'm not really worried about the Royals lineup so much because wins are such an inconsistent stat anyway...

Thoughts?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Grienke is always a yay

Old 03-11-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So me and some buddies are starting a Keeper league this year.

I ended up with the 6th pick out of 12. It is a 5x5 roto league. And essentially you get to 8 keepers for as long as you want with no penalties.

What would your BB look like after Pujols and Hanley
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

I ended up with the 6th pick out of 12. It is a 5x5 roto league. And essentially you get to 8 keepers for as long as you want with no penalties.

3. Chase Utley
4. Joe Mauer
5. Matt Kemp
6. Alex Rodriguez
7. Evan Longoria
8. Tim Lincecum
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
3. Chase Utley
4. Joe Mauer
5. Matt Kemp
6. Alex Rodriguez
7. Evan Longoria
8. Tim Lincecum
No Braun? (10)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
No Braun? (10)
Errr. brain fart. Probably 4th on that list.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Albert Pujols
2. Hanley Ramirez
3. Ryan Braun
4. Prince Fielder
5. Tim Lincecum
6. Alex Rodriguez
7. Evan Longoria
8. Miguel Cabrera
9. Chase Utley
10. Justin Upton

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
1. Albert Pujols
2. Hanley Ramirez
3. Ryan Braun
4. Prince Fielder
5. Tim Lincecum
6. Alex Rodriguez
7. Evan Longoria
8. Miguel Cabrera
9. Chase Utley
10. Justin Upton
I'll take Matt Kemp over Miguel

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im in a 10 team league. One year only. H2H 5x5 stats. Im picking eighth, so I get #8 and #13... Im trying to make a big board. Any help?

1) Pujols
2) Hanley
3) ARod
4) Braun
5) Utley
6) Kemp

After this Im stumped...
Ive got Fielder, Howard, Longoria, Mauer, Lincecum, Cabrera, Teixiera, Crawford, Wright all bunched up. How would you rate these guys for my league?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Im in a 10 team league. One year only. H2H 5x5 stats. Im picking eighth, so I get #8 and #13... Im trying to make a big board. Any help?

1) Pujols
2) Hanley
3) ARod
4) Braun
5) Utley
6) Kemp

After this Im stumped...
Ive got Fielder, Howard, Longoria, Mauer, Lincecum, Cabrera, Teixiera, Crawford, Wright all bunched up. How would you rate these guys for my league?
Your 1st round pick is all about risk.

You can't win your league in the first round, but you can drastically increase your chances of losing it.

Fielder, Tex, and Howard are probably the least risky.

Cabrera isn't really risky at all.

Lincecum might be the highest possible reward, but pitchers/HIM is just plain risky business.

I personally don't like those 3B that high. Wright has admitted he's not a power hitter in the new park, Longo is a diva (just my preference to stay away).

Mauer WILL see a drop in power and he's always an injury risk.

I go back to the first group - what are you trying to build your team around? HRs and RBI? Average? With those four first basemen, it's a tossup - and a good one - so I'd just pick whoever you are a fan of the most...

-I do think Tex will win AL MVP.
-I believe Miggy will stay out of trouble and if he does, he's surely worth any pick in the draft, but he's still young and obviously not the most stable human being.
-Fielder and Howard are just monsters. I prefer Fielder because he'll deliver a better BA more likely but you can't go wrong with either.

But if you project Lincecum to stay healthy and do is usual - by all means...
Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SARF where are you, are you going to make a league this year?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got offered Freddy Sanchez, Andrew McCutchen, and Hunter Pence for Ian Kinsler. Should I do it?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I got offered Freddy Sanchez, Andrew McCutchen, and Hunter Pence for Ian Kinsler. Should I do it?
Who do you have to drop?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to decide my keepers via Sabermetric Drafting. I kept Pujols and lose my first round pick, I kept Kemp and lose my 6th round pick and Greinke and lose my 16th round pick.

Other option was keeping Adrian Gonzo and losing thr 5th round pick, which i was goin to do if i got the 1st pick of the draft so I could have drafted Pujols one overall and started off with a team of Kemp, Gonzo, Greinke, Pujols and would have had a pick in the 2nd-4th round.

But i am happy with my keepers and I have the 5th overall pick. I dont find out the other teams keepers until the day of the draft
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Rank these players with just a little reasoning to back it up... I'm stumped...

-Victor Martinez
-Felix Hernandez
-Zack Greinke
-Pablo Sandoval
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Rank these players with just a little reasoning to back it up... I'm stumped...

-Victor Martinez
-Felix Hernandez
-Zack Greinke
-Pablo Sandoval
It depends on what type of league you are in, 5x5, I'd rank them

1. Felix
2. Greinke
3. V-Mart
4. Sandoval

Panda is awesome, but V-Mart plays a premium position and both of Felix and Greinke are 4 category studs. Felix over Greinke because he'll probably get more wins
Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
It depends on what type of league you are in, 5x5, I'd rank them

1. Felix
2. Greinke
3. V-Mart
4. Sandoval

Panda is awesome, but V-Mart plays a premium position and both of Felix and Greinke are 4 category studs. Felix over Greinke because he'll probably get more wins
5x5. thanks...
Old 03-21-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright I drafted my 5x5 H2H team in a 10team league. I think I destroyed the draft.

C- Joe Mauer
1B- Prince Fielder
2B- Brandon Phillips
SS- Jason Bartlett
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
OF- Manny Ramirez
OF- Bobby Abreu
OF- Michael Bourn
UTIL- Adrian Gonzalez
UTIL- Carlos Gonzalez
Bench- Chris Coghlan

SP- Johan Santana
SP- Ubaldo Jimenez
SP- Matt Garza
SP- John Danks
SP- Ben Sheets
RP- Brian Fuentes
RP- David Aardsma
RP- Chad Qualls
Bench- David Price

PS, thanks for the advice gpngc.... my draft went the top 5 as per usual then Kemp, Tex...so I picked Prince at 8.... after that Howard, Longoria, Lincecum, and Crawford went.... I already picked up my 1B, so I went Mauer in round 2. Think it worked out perfectly.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

You might struggle in ERA and wins.. your starters aren't great, especially for a 10 team league. Awesome lineup, though.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team auction draft...5x5

C- Matt Wieters
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Rickie Weeks
3B- David Wright
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Justin Upton
OF- Nyjer Morgan
OF- Jay Bruce
Util- Jose Reyes
Util- Yunel Escobar

SP- Felix Hernandez
SP- Cliff Lee
RP- K-Rod
RP- Frank Francisco
P- James Shields
P- Dice-K
P- Max Scherzer
P- Hiroki Kuroda

BN- Johnny Cueto
BN- Chris Coghlan
BN- Todd Helton
BN- David Price
BN- Carlos Beltran

Thoughts? And who should I play in the OF and UTIL spots? (Until Beltran comes off the DL of course, I'm probably going to add Carlos Gonzalez to fill Beltran's spot for now.)
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Who will be a bust this year and why? Who won't live up to their draft position?