Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 07-25-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sergio Kindle Hospitalized

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-head-injury/

Quote:
We've confirmed that Ravens linebacker Sergio Kindle has been hospitalized with a head injury suffered on Thursday night. A league source tells us that Kindle initially had some swelling inside his skull, but the situation has since improved significantly.
Awful news. I pray this doesn't effect his play, or ability to get on this field. I'm sure he'll make a full recovery though.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

feel better serge
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunate timing right before TC starts though. Hope he gets back out there soon.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falling down two flights of stairs is terrible bad luck, it's good that it looks like he will have a full recovery. I'd start him out on the PUP list myself, then see if he's ready to go. Head injuries are a scary thing.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Ravens, but nobody deserves to get hurt like this. I hope he gets better. If it was Lewis, I'd say the same thing.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope he wasn't drunk or anything. After his "texting" accident last fall when we ran a car into his house, I'm suspicious about his stories.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

It was unlikely he was going to see the field this season anyways. Still terrible, terrible news. Let's hope for a speedy recovery so we can atleast see him on special teams duties his rookie year.
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I really hope he wasn't drunk or anything. After his "texting" accident last fall when we ran a car into his house, I'm suspicious about his stories.
I share your suspicion on what happened to Kindle. There may or may not have been another story to all this. We'll find out in the days to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
It was unlikely he was going to see the field this season anyways. Still terrible, terrible news. Let's hope for a speedy recovery so we can atleast see him on special teams duties his rookie year.
"unlikely he'd see the field"??? He was going to see a lot of time on passing downs, primarily as a pass rusher. Where in the world did you hear that he wasn't going to see the field this season??

As far as I know, he wasn't going to be playing much special teams at all.(his knee situation)
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I share your suspicion on what happened to Kindle. There may or may not have been another story to all this. We'll find out in the days to come.

"unlikely he'd see the field"??? He was going to see a lot of time on passing downs, primarily as a pass rusher. Where in the world did you hear that he wasn't going to see the field this season??

As far as I know, he wasn't going to be playing much special teams at all.(his knee situation)
Kid's raw man. I watched alot of Texas ball and he struggled alotgood tackles, he played that disapearing act in a few games. He's an athletic and lengthy guy and I'm a fan of him but I don't think he will get more then 3 sacks this season and won't amount to anything past a Pierre Woods type of player in this league. He will struggle versus big, powerful tackles like he did in college and will likely see very few amount of downs on obvious running plays in the NFL.

All indications were that he was nothing special at the mini camps according to a few of my buddies who have ties within the orginization.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The things players do to get out of training camp these days. haha.

But really...I hope he heals up soon. Falling down two flights of stairs? That had to be quite the horrific sight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First thing I thought was that he was drunk. How a supremely talented athlete falls down two flights of stairs is beyond me.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, all it takes is one bad step but there might be more to this story than what's out there (like usual). What baffles me is that he did this Thursday and we're just now hearing about it.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I hate the Ravens, but nobody deserves to get hurt like this. I hope he gets better. If it was Lewis, I'd say the same thing.
This.

That has to have been a scary thing to go through---I really hope that he makes a full recovery.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like he has a fractured skull and will not take part in training camp. Wow.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It maybe alcohol but it isnt a guarentee. All you need is one slip and if you land on your head you would tumble down 200 flights of steps. I am hoping he is alright and can play towards the end of the season. But I am doubting we see any production out of him since he misses training camp
Old 07-26-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeez, you never want this to happen to a guy. Poor Kindle, hope he gets better soon and returns to playing ASAP.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

just when we thought we had a great offseason going with Flacco's many many football camps w/ the WR's, with the addition of Boldin and Stallworth, and with the solid draft... and then this happens

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...actured-skull/

fuckkkkk. him being out for training camp sucks. He was definitely going to be a key part of our pass rush, especially on third downs.

How much is this going to limit him and his ability to get on the field?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just when we thought we had a great offseason going with Flacco's many many football camps w/ the WR's, with the addition of Boldin and Stallworth, and with the solid draft... and then this happens

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...actured-skull/

fuckkkkk. him being out for training camp sucks. He was definitely going to be a key part of our pass rush, especially on third downs.

How much is this going to limit him and his ability to get on the field?
Quite a bit, IMO. He can't go to Baltimore for at least three more weeks, and he won't be able to participate in any part of Training Camp (according to reports). That means he'll start his first official practices around Week 1 or 2, which isn't the best of circumstances for a rookie.

My guess would be that he could start appearing in games around Week 5 or 6, though in a very limited role. And that's if all goes well.

This is a fractured skull, meaning that virtually any NFL hit could worsen the injury. He won't be able to do anything until it is completely healed.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well I assume he will be put on PUP and miss the first 6 games if he misses all of training camp. Other then that IDK how it will effect him.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Quite a bit, IMO. He can't go to Baltimore for at least three more weeks, and he won't be able to participate in any part of Training Camp (according to reports). That means he'll start his first official practices around Week 1 or 2, which isn't the best of circumstances for a rookie.

My guess would be that he could start appearing in games around Week 5 or 6, though in a very limited role. And that's if all goes well.

This is a fractured skull, meaning that virtually any NFL hit could worsen the injury. He won't be able to do anything until it is completely healed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
well I assume he will be put on PUP and miss the first 6 games if he misses all of training camp. Other then that IDK how it will effect him.
****. So no Kindle means a weaker pass rush which will lead to our secondary getting torn up.(no Reed or Webb either)

our defense is going to struggle the first 6-8 weeks, but hopefully they finish strong towards the end of the season and into the playoffs(in we're in)
Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
****. So no Kindle means a weaker pass rush which will lead to our secondary getting torn up.(no Reed or Webb either)

our defense is going to struggle the first 6-8 weeks, but hopefully they finish strong towards the end of the season and into the playoffs(in we're in)
I feel your pain. The two best teams in the division will struggle a bit coming out of the gate. Let's just hope Cincy doesn't take the division again.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I feel your pain. The two best teams in the division will struggle a bit coming out of the gate. Let's just hope Cincy doesn't take the division again.

unfortunately, for both of us.. I believe they will :(

They had an amazing defense last year that will only get better.
Offensively, they added Antonio Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, and Jordan Shipley to a already solid WR corp with 85 and Caldwell. Not to mention, they are seriously considering Terrell Owens. They're o-line will improve as well as Carson Palmer's health. Only serious questions I see, is that outside of Cedric Benson, who can run the ball for em?

I think this year, they have a good enough team to go deep into the playoffs. Stout defense, the best CB tandem, a proven QB(not in the playoffs though), good surrounding cast as well as coaching.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
unfortunately, for both of us.. I believe they will :(

They had an amazing defense last year that will only get better.
Offensively, they added Antonio Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, and Jordan Shipley to a already solid WR corp with 85 and Caldwell. Not to mention, they are seriously considering Terrell Owens. They're o-line will improve as well as Carson Palmer's health. Only serious questions I see, is that outside of Cedric Benson, who can run the ball for em?

I think this year, they have a good enough team to go deep into the playoffs. Stout defense, the best CB tandem, a proven QB(not in the playoffs though), good surrounding cast as well as coaching.

and

Hope Kindle's gonna be ok though. Really wanted to see him in stripes and I'm not real happy he's in the division but thats all immaterial. What an unfortunate thing to have happen just before camp begins.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I was thinking w/ a fractured skull could that possibly end his career? I mean it probably depends on the severity of the fracture but it isnt good.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

It sucks that he got injured but this isn't going to affect our defense all that much. He's a rookie 2nd round pass rusher...the odds of him making any type of significant impact in his rookie season were very slim to begin with. it's not like we lost Suggs, he's a freaking rookie and a RAW rookie at that.