Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Titans pick Munchak - [Packers LB Coach possible DC candidate;Tomlin not interviewed]

I'm going to wait until this official to post it in the NFL forum, but if Jim Wyatt reports it, then its a done deal.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...unchak?odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Munch as HC, but my biggest concern is who they hire for Defensive Coordinator.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and...

Quote:

"With heartfelt gratitude I would like to thank all of YOU for your unwavering commitment and support through the years.

This has been an experience of a lifetime. Without the trust of Bud Adams and the entire organization none of this would have been possible. Words can't describe my feelings for all the players, coaches, and staff that have been part of this franchise.

I am honored to have been part of this legacy! Thanks for the memories!!

Jeff Fisher"
:'(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I has sads.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I've always been a Fisher fan. I was a Fulmer fan too. Being on this forum, I see a lot of fans of bad teams. So it's difficult for me to be upset with Fish for not having the Titans in the same category as the Pats, Colts, or Steelers. Sometimes changes need to happen, but the grass isn't always greener. Considering how good of a coach Fish is, it's more likely the next guy will be a downgrade than an upgrade.

Last season, I did accept the fact that Fish could easily be gone in the next fews years. But what I hope was that it wouldn't be rushed - I didn't want a change just to make one. I wanted it to be thought out, and I only wanted it to take place if a great candidate was available (and the candidate would be likely to accept the job). The opposite has happened. They made a sudden decision that surprised many, and they did it late when the best candidates had been taken. And considering the looming lockout, our worst case scenario has taken place.

Now, I will say that I love Munch. He's had success as a player. He's had success as a position coach. So it stands to reason he could be a successful head coach. I know he skipped OC, but that's X's and O's so it's a different coaching. There's a worry that he's Fisher 2.0, but he's an offensive coach, as opposed to Fish being a defensive guy, so it stands to reason they could have different philosophies. Plus, he's been able to watch Fisher and learn from Fish's mistakes. Out of all the candidates, I like Munch the most.

The issue now is to settle DC. I'm guessing it's McGinnis or the Packers' ILB Coach Winston Moss. McGinnis may be the best hire, but if we want new blood, the Packers guys would be a good option. It'll probably be McGinnis since I bet the Packers would block us from hiring Moss as DC. I'd prefer Chuck Smith for DL Coach and Bruce Matthews for OL Coach, but who knows what happens there.

But in the end, the HC doesn't matter. It just doesn't. QB is what matters. If we strike out on our QB pick this draft, then it doesn't matter who is at HC - we gon' lose!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-07-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Things are looking good on the Bruce Matthews front:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWyatt
Now that Munchak has been hired, look for him to add former Titans lineman Bruce Matthews to his coaching staff. Munch is his best friend, and he could coach his son, too

Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Here's how I dream the rest of the staff turns out:

HC: Mike Munchak

OC: Mike Heimerdinger
QB: Jim Zorn (Dowell Loggains)
RB: Sherman Smith (???)
WR: Ray Sherman (???)
TE: John Zernhelt
OL: Bruce Matthews (???)

DC: Jerry Gray (Dave McGinnis; Winston Moss)
DL: Chuck Smith (???)
LB: Dave McGinnis
DB: Someone New

ST: Alan Lowry
S/C: Steve Watterson

Just a way of throwing names around and brain storming. The guys in parenthesis are incumbants/possibly candidates. The (???) means I have no clue about another available candidate.

Not sure how high Winston Moss is on the radar, but I think McGinnis is a backup plan (a good one at that). Apparently, Munch's #1 target for DC is Jerry Gray, who he is friends with. He was on the staff for the Super Bowl run, and afterwards became the DC for the Bills from '01-'05. He's now in his first year as the DB Coach/Asst. HC at the University of Texas, and had stints in Washington and Seattle. That's up in the air. I think Winston Moss is desperate for a shot as a DC somewhere, and being in a different conference, we could get an interview. I think McGinnis is the safe bet though.

The position coaches I'm stumped on, but I feel the guys I listed would be slam dunks. Munch says he wants to complete the staff by the combine, so hopefully he does!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Munchack isn't the next Hall of Fame player to be a disaster as a head coach like Singletary was with us. Munchak hasn't been a coordinator before right?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Munchak hasn't been a coordinator before right?
Right. He was an offensive assistant after he retired, and then became the OL Coach. That's pretty much his coaching resume.

But I don't think him not having OC experience is a big deal. Tons of amazing coordinators fail as HC's, so it's not a requirement for success. Only two other coaches in the NFL skipped being an offensive or defensive coordinator at any level on their way to becoming HC's: Andy Reid and John Harbaugh. Both of which have had success.

Munch just needs a good DC to run the defense, like Reid had in Jim Johnson and Harbaugh had in Rex Ryan.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, Dinger is gone...

Good: This shows Munch has the balls to sever ties with people when he thinks it's best for the team. This is a move Fisher would have never done - well, Fish would have done it as a scapegoat, and not ahead of time like this.

Bad: Dinger is a good OC. A very good OC. There was a night and day difference between him and Norm Chow. At one point last year, the offense was 2nd in the NFL is scoring, and then the injuries and eventual collapse came. When he had a healthy VY, our offense was the tits, but there's nothing Dinger can do when Britt goes down or both his #1 and #2 QB get hurt, forcing a rookie QB to start. At times, he made calls that were frustrating, but playcalling is the easiest thing to criticize in this sport. Bottom line is Dinger didn't deserve being fired. Especially sad after he continued to work for the team while he underwent cancer treatment.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-08-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Also, Jim Wyatt reports that the Titans have informed the Texans that they plan to interview Bruce Matthews for their vacant OL Coach position. Also according to Wyatt, Matthews never signed an extension, and is about to come back to Tennessee and be reunited with former teammate and best friend Mike Munchak.

He will be ours... He will be... He will be...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

sooooooo..... Chilly as OC? *barf*.......Ray Sherman?.....*double barf*

I don't really understand firing Dinger, but we really don't know how their relationship is behind closed doors (my guess not very good at all).

Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't say I'm surprised by this move after some things Munch said in his presser. Props to him for telling it like it is.

As much as I like Dinger and I hope he gets healthy, this is probably for the best. Especially long-term.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Heads be rollin' yo......Munch just fired Fisher's offensive and defensive quality control coaches. Definitely isn't living in his shadow.

Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it. Hopefully Marcus Robertson is next.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said Bruce Matthews would be our O-Line coach . Why did Josh McDaniels have to sign with the Rams :( and we better not get Chilly.Did Marcus Robertson play with Mike? I want Blaine Bishop to coach the DBs.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Eddie George for RBs coach, Neil O'Donnell for QBs, Kevin Carter for D-line, Drew Bennett for WRs, Frank Wycheck for TEs.

8==============D

J/k

;D

Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Lol, everyone of our players in the local media are gonna get called up.

I actually wondered if Eddie George could coach when I was thinking about RB Coach candidates.

I think we have a good shot for Ray Sherman for WR Coach. Jim Zorn is available and would be a good QB Coach (Loggains would probably get demoted), and Flacco raved about him in Baltimore. Reino has connections to Seattle, where Zorn played/coached and Sherman Smith currently is. Sherman Smith was our RB Coach for years, and then when Zorn became HC at Washington, he hired Smith to be OC. So if we got Zorn, Smith would be open to coming here from Seattle, which would be a lateral move. But maybe Carrol would allow it since we're in two different conferences? That's solidify our offense, and all would be slam dunks (just don't let Sherman Smith evaluate RB talent!).

Our #1 target for DC, Jerry Gray, is a former DB Coach. If he's hired, then hopefully he'll bring in a better coach than Robertson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Heads be rollin' yo......Munch just fired Fisher's offensive and defensive quality control coaches. Definitely isn't living in his shadow.
Hurrr? Isn't Dinger the only one that Munch fired? Cecil got canned under Fisher, and Washburn, Craig Johnson, and Fred Graves abandoned ship by getting jobs elsewhere. I is lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I love it. Hopefully Marcus Robertson is next.
Yessssssssssssssssss!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Hurrr? Isn't Dinger the only one that Munch fired? Cecil got canned under Fisher, and Washburn, Craig Johnson, and Fred Graves abandoned ship by getting jobs elsewhere. I is lost...
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...two-assistants

Quote:
In addition to Heimerdinger, the Titans on Tuesday also fired defensive assistant Rayna Stewart and offensive Assistant Richie Wessman.

Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'd like to wrangle Kippy Brown away from the Seahawks.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE Munch, bring on the Munchak revolution, the new Titans are coming too town in 2011.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

clean ******* house and do the damn thing sweeping changes is cool with me, its a new day should be an interesting off-season, im gettin amped about the draft and the futurez
Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me too, **** what we had, we are a new team with a new coach who has his plan for taking us to the championship. If that means cleaning house then he is gonna get his gloves on and clean it...I like his style and I can't wait to see Bruce Matthews.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

It's official. Bruce Matthews is the OL coach.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It's official. Bruce Matthews is the OL coach.
This move is cool (Ok, really cool!), but lets not get too hyped up for this like the guys on other sites. Bruce has never been an OL Coach, and had the OL Coach and another assistant above him.

Still gotta think Munch will help with the OL, so I'm expecting our OL to be a strong point like it has in the past.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.