Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who will the Panthers take with the 1st Overall pick?
Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson* 34 24.46%
Nick Fairley DT Auburn* 31 22.30%
Cam Newton QB Auburn* 40 28.78%
AJ Green WR Georgia* 5 3.60%
Patrick Peterson DB LSU* 9 6.47%
Robert Quinn DE UNC* 6 4.32%
Marcell Dareus DT Alabama* 14 10.07%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Carolina at #1

Whos it going to be?

Bowers could potentially be the next franchise DE following in the steps of Julius Peppers and could give them a great duo with Charles Johnson if he stays.

Fairley had a Ndamukong Suh type season last year in the SEC, but still have off the field questions and only 1 year of production similar to Bowers.

Newton is my clear #1 QB and I predict he will solidify himself as the top QB in the draft after the combine. If they dont believe in Clausen, I believe Newton has the 2nd highest potential in this draft behind Patrick Peterson.

Peterson is my clear cut #1 prospect, that plays at a position that it more of a 2nd level of important for football(QB,LT,DL are the 3 most important facots in football IMO). Peterson is a Charles Woodson type prospect IMO.

Green could make some sense if Steve Smith is gone, and would provide Clausen a #1 target to for the future.

Quinn could make some noise here at the combine with some great workout numbers and interviews. If he can show he can keep up the production he had from his Sophmore to the NFL, he could be taken ahead of Bowers.

Dareus isnt as flashy as Fairley, but looks to be a potential building piece for a defense 3-4 or 4-3. May be one of the safer prospects in this weak draft IMO.

What do you think? I think it comes down to Newton, Fairley and Bowers. I voted Newton though since I expect him to rise very high and have the hype for being the franchise type player.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with A.J. Green. The future is uncertain with Steve Smith and even if they decide to keep him he'll be 32 at the start of next season and who do they have behind him? Armanti Edwards, Brandon LaFell? Yeah, not gonna get it done. Green is the best and safest prospect in this year's draft and will give Jimmy Clausen another weapon in the passing game which is desperately needed.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with Peterson or Green.

I'd consider Robert Quinn too. I'm a big Quinn fan.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have several good DEs and with no Luck I doubt they'll take a QB at #1. Nick Fairley it is.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd just go QB if I was running the Panthers. There's no QB widely perceived to be worth the #1 pick, but teams just have to try to find a franchise QB in the NFL. Even if it means taking big risks. If a team is aggressive about trying to find a franchise QB, they'll eventually hit on a guy who can boost the organization for a decade.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should take Green. But I think they go defense. Should go BPA.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Fairley. They have needed help at DT for quite some time and I just really want to see Greg Hardy get a shot, so don't take a DE! Take a DT and make Hardy the best.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Bowers but wasn't too confident.. don't they like the youth they have at that position?

Fairley might scare them off a little and Bowers could be something special.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Update*****

After the combine(well still have DB's), do we now have a guy we think is the clear #1 pick?

I was disappointed Fairley showed up under 300, but he still looked good and a lock for the top 10.

Bowers showed up with his impressive 6'3 280lbs body. Didnt run so we have to wait until the pro day to see how he moves.

Newton made a mistake throwing at the combine, but he did test well.

Green ran a slower 40 than most thought, but I think he had a overall good combine.

Peterson hasnt ran yet but showed up at a 219lbs for a CB which is crazy. I expect him to run in the 4.4's tomorrow.

Quinn ay 6'4 265lbs with a 4.7 40 lived up to the hype. I still think he will be most effective in a 3-4 pass rushing role though

Dareus could have helped himself the most of these guys. 6'3 319lbs and still able to run a sub 5.

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-28-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it crazy for me to be leaning Gabbert right now?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I wouldnt call you crazy. This pick is still really up in the air, and mayb they are commited to taking a QB and Gabbert fits what they want compared to Newton.

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-28-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I'm with you. Good chance I'll change my mind 1,000 time sover the next two months, however.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley leading with >34% at this point.

Voted Fairley too. He's a goddamn animal, even at under 300 lbs.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally dont see a QB going until the Tennessee pick but i'm probably alone in that belief. Gabbert seems to be a bit of a mystery man. The media says he's the best of the QBs but then usually add they havent seen much of him. I did think he looked good athletically in comparison to an athletic group of QBs but to me he should have thrown.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson, he's a generational type talent who has superstar written all over him. Plus he gives you the added value of returning punts.

He could be the next Deion Sanders(+ able to tackle), it's not too often you can say that about a prospect.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will? Da'Quan Bowers

Should? Patrick Peterson - best player in this draft.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

If Patrick Peterson is going to be a 'shutdown CB' he likely won't be returning many kicks. Guys like Darelle Revis and Champ Bailey were great returners, but don't do it much in the NFL.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'd say either Peterson or Quinn. Those are my guys. I wanna see Peterson run though.

I haven't checked out Gabbert though. And Daerius is starting to intrigue me.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The reason why I'm mostly against them getting Daerius or Fairley is bc I feel they can get a high quality DT in the 2nd.

This DT class is stacked.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^
The Patriots have their 2nd. I'll go with Quinn for this one, just a hunch.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Panthers take a QB this year it will set them back for a long time. I think they should go with who they have #1 on their board. My opinion would be Green so when you do take a QB he has someone to throw to. What are the Chances the Panthers end with a top 2 Pick next Year? Luck or Barkley would be the pick then.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found it funny Cam went like 11/21... with no defenders.. maybe a couple drops but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm.

Grizzle you bring up a good point, maybe Gabbert is an option for them.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
the natural
Veteran

the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural the natural

Gabbert is the first player they formally interviewed at Indy. FWTW. I think he would be odds on favorite, since the team was originally going to go with Andrew Luck and Blaine is a very similar QB. Gabbert was ahead of Luck up to about the mid point of the past college season. He started to get banged up and limped down the stretch. Prior to that Gabbert pretty much doubled Luck's numbers across the board in 2009, and was active in 2008 while Andrew redshirted. As recruits, Blaine was 5 star and the #1 pro style prospect, Luck was 4 star and the #4 pro style prospect. Gabbert is a bit bigger, a bit faster, a bit younger, and has a stronger arm than Luck.
the natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Sarcastro
Rookie

Sarcastro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gabbert. I think Carolina will go QB. They will convince themselves that Gabbert has the tools and character to succeed in the NFL, but they won't be sure about Newton's character.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert would probably be a Tim Couch type pick. On so may levels i hope they take Gabbert but i doubt they will. Newton is not in play, he was all over the map this weekend.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote