Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official 2012 Draft Discussion Thread

Looks like a great crop of LBs (if Luke Kuechly, Burfict and Teo among others declare)

OLB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
OLB Zach Brown, North Carolina
MLB Chris Galippo, USC
OLB Nigel Bradham, FSU
OLB Tank Carder, TCU
MLB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St. Junior
MLB Manti Teo, Notre Dame Junior
MLB Luke Kuechly, Boston College Junior
OLB Nico Johnson, Alabama Junior
OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma Junior
OLB Shayne Skov, Stanford Junior

Our DLine could be set for the next decade.

Might still need a stud or two in the secondary.

CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia
S Mark Barron, Alabama
S Robert Lester, Alabama Junior
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama Junior
S Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami (FL) Junior
CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina Junior

Would like to see how our OLine can be if all are healthy, but still would like to add a Mauler for RT.

Thoughts?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 05-01-2011 at 05:08 AM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You left off Shayne Skov...arguably the best LB of the bunch (Skov, Te'o and Burfict are neck and neck).

OL situation is definitely something we'll be paying close attention to. We don't know which positions will need an upgrade yet because most of our players are injury-prone or young and unproven.

We might be set at LB as well. LB is not a position where you need to spend 1st rounders without a clear need.

We might also be set at DB, lol. Talib and TJax could have clean, productive seasons and we have lots of promising young DBs to develop. Stephon Gilmore is my favorite of the bunch there. He has ideal size, can run with anyone and is a smooth cover corner that flips his hips well. He's also a great returner. Armstrong and Kirkpatrick are far from being early draft candidates. I know they were highly touted recruits and are big and athletic, but you have to show it on the field. Vaughn Telemaque is a better safety prospect than Ray Ray and I'd welcome him to replace TJax if it came down to it.

We haven't spent a high pick on a RB since Caddy and this might be the year to do it. Blount and Bradford can be the power backs but Andre Ellington would add an extra dimension of explosive, game-breaking speed to our offense. It's a luxury pick that we can afford.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly never heard of Skov. I just went to cbssportsline and picked the guys I had heard of to be honest. lol

Season still has to play itself out (hopefully) before I can say for sure I am happy with our LB corps.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 04-30-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

orly?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know who Skov is, but never saw him as a high round possibility. Between him, Keiser, and Marecic, I didn't think he really stood out... on the other hand... Skov was a freshman or sophomore so he could become a stud.

My guys are Keuchly, Carder, and Zach Brown. I really wanted Carder to come out this season.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2012

Has us taking Gilmore in the first. (I know it's absurdly early for this. lol)

Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilmore in the 1st and Datko in the 2nd. I know it's early but I don't see them lasting that long, but hey crazier things have happened ;). I'd be happy with Datko in the 1st.

RE: Skov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieo_ansbJmA - vs ND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amQU1...eature=related - Orange Bowl

Te'o is more freakishly athletic and Kuechly is more productive but I still like Skov the best. He just has that seek and destroy mentality at LB and is the best leader and fit for us. He's great in coverage and can do everything Ruud does for us in that aspect, only he's more agile. The difference between him and Ruud is that Skov is physical, nasty and a great blitzer. He needs to work on breaking down to make tackles, but he still had a huge game against VT despite missing 4-5 sacks on Tyrod. It's rare to find a LB who shows disregard for his own body and blockers (he evades them), and then also cover a lot of ground in his pass drops with great footwork. He's my "pet prospect" for next year without a doubt.

I don't see the big deal about Carder. What makes him a better prospect than their last MLB who went to the Ravens? I think it's Jason Phillips.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-28-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
thanks for that. i was missing Mayock's voice.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Caddy let's get this tacked/pinned.

Aaaaaaaaand delete the 2 spam threads, plz. kthx

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 05-28-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Thursday nights on NFLN will be a great time if the season actually happens. Also I changed my mind big-time when it comes to this upcoming LB class.

1. Te'o - Not as freakishly athletic as Patrick Willis but he is very athletic and has a complete game. His instincts are outstanding for a true Soph and his nose for the ball and hitting remind me of Ray Lewis. He

2. Kuechly - Finally got around to watching him closely (4 different games) and his stats are backed up by legit on-field production. His footwork and range are the best this year (excluding undersized guys like Lavonte David) and he's an excellent tackler with good power. He's thin and really needs to fill out his frame, and once he does he will be a force because he can naturally strike and has a great feel for shedding blocks.

3. Skov - I still love the way he plays, but from an unbiased perspective he's below Te'o and Kuechly.

Burfict is really overrated, period.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thursday nights on NFLN will be a great time if the season actually happens. Also I changed my mind big-time when it comes to this upcoming LB class.

1. Te'o - Not as freakishly athletic as Patrick Willis but he is very athletic and has a complete game. His instincts are outstanding for a true Soph and his nose for the ball and hitting remind me of Ray Lewis. He

2. Kuechly - Finally got around to watching him closely (4 different games) and his stats are backed up by legit on-field production. His footwork and range are the best this year (excluding undersized guys like Lavonte David) and he's an excellent tackler with good power. He's thin and really needs to fill out his frame, and once he does he will be a force because he can naturally strike and has a great feel for shedding blocks.

3. Skov - I still love the way he plays, but from an unbiased perspective he's below Te'o and Kuechly.

Burfict is really overrated, period.
Lets see how Mason Foster performs at MLB. If he fits in real well, then we should look for a WLB to replace Hayes. Travis Lewis and Brown will be legitimate options.

Don't forget CB, as Ronde is retiring and we still have to monitor Talibs legal situation
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Lets see how Mason Foster performs at MLB. If he fits in real well, then we should look for a WLB to replace Hayes. Travis Lewis and Brown will be legitimate options.

Don't forget CB, as Ronde is retiring and we still have to monitor Talibs legal situation
Lewis and Brown are inferior prospects to the MLBs I mentioned, Lewis especially. I love Foster but I love this MLB class as well. Te'o and Kuechly could play OLB in our system, as could Foster himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgUsr...&feature=feedu

^ That's my new ideal Bucs 1st rounder. What do you guys think?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-23-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Love Ellington...remember watching him last season and saying "man he'd look good in pewter.." lol
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we look at DB as well, Alphonso Denard is the guy I want. Very physical, can play man press and zone, and is a ball hawk. Some scouts are rating him as anywhere from mid 1st to early 2nd, only because of the projected Jr CB talent. IMO, he is the BEST CB in the draft from the film I've seen.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'll have to check him out but I doubt he's better than JJ.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'll have to check him out but I doubt he's better than JJ.
I see Denard as a more physical CB than Amukamarah
Old 07-29-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Tack this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:19 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

1. Right Tackle - resigned both starters from 2010, Jeremy Trueblood and James Lee. Didn't draft a OT this year. A little upset that we brought back these two, with no one added so far in this off season to compete with them. Just saw that Jared Gaither signed with Oakland. This should be a priority next year. Have to protect Freesus.

2. Safety - resigned Corey Lynch (FS). Drafted Ahmad Black (SS). Cody Grimm (FS) should be 100% after breaking his ankle late last year. Tanard Jackson (FS) will not be eligible to be reinstated till week 4, I believe. Sean Jones (SS) and Larry Asante (SS)are both back. I would love for us to look for a stud SS in the upcoming draft. Heck, FS might get a look, too, considering T-Jax and his off field history.

3. Cornerback - resigned Elbert Mack and Ronde Barber (RCB). Drafted Anthony Gaitor. Aqib Talib (LCB) status is still unclear to me. Excited to see E.J. Biggers (nickelback) and Myron Lewis improvement after getting a full season under their belts. I don't think Mack makes it to the final 53 (54?). I don't see Ronde playing in 2012. It's on Biggers and Lewis if we look for a CB in the first 3 rounds or not.

4. OLB - resigned Quincy Black (SAM), drafted Mason Foster (MLB). Let Barrett Ruud (MLB)and Adam Hayward (SAM) walk. Tyrone McKenzie (MLB) and Foster expected to battle it out in training camp for MLB. Geno Hayes (WILL) has supposedly gained some weight this offseason, but was inconsistent as f@ck in 2010. I think the future is Black, Foster and Watson, to be honest. Really think we will have a good shot at one of the young stud LBs (Lewis, Te'O, Burfict, Skov, etc...) in the first round.

5. Full back - Erik Lorig and Rendrick Taylor are Meh. Nuff said. lol

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 07-30-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like we can really look in any direction we want next season. We are developing at every position and don't have a lot of glaring weaknesses at the moment :D

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I definitely agree that we should be looking to go BPA. I like the LB, RB, CB and OT class and those seem to be positions that we could address.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Alfonzo Denard. Watch film. Great physical CB, good ball skills and excellent cover skills. Jam WRs at the line. Probably can take over Talib if he does get convicted.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Alfonzo Denard. Watch film. Great physical CB, good ball skills and excellent cover skills. Jam WRs at the line. Probably can take over Talib if he does get convicted.
Not impressed at all. I see Captain Munnerlyn minus the speed. Dennard is short and stocky, slow and stiff. MAJOR pass. I have a hard time seeing him being drafted in the 1st 3 rounds.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not impressed at all. I see Captain Munnerlyn minus the speed. Dennard is short and stocky, slow and stiff. MAJOR pass. I have a hard time seeing him being drafted in the 1st 3 rounds.
Hmm, I seriously don't know what you see, but since I live in big 10 country, I'll be sure to watch more of him this year.

From what I've seen last year, QBs threw away from Prince Amukamarh and yet didn't have any success because Dennard blanketed the other side. He is just as good, if not better than Amukamarah, but with better playmaking/ball skills.

Comparison: Champ Bailey.

Don't say Chase Minnfield CB Virginia. I saw that guy get burned enough and only picked off weaker opponents. Dennard played better competition in the big 12 and played big.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hmm, I seriously don't know what you see, but since I live in big 10 country, I'll be sure to watch more of him this year.

From what I've seen last year, QBs threw away from Prince Amukamarh and yet didn't have any success because Dennard blanketed the other side. He is just as good, if not better than Amukamarah, but with better playmaking/ball skills.

Comparison: Champ Bailey.

Don't say Chase Minnfield CB Virginia. I saw that guy get burned enough and only picked off weaker opponents. Dennard played better competition in the big 12 and played big.
I know you're not the only that likes Dennard. He's the #1 CB on nfldraftscout. I'm 100% confident on my assessment. I just don't see how he can survive in the NFL with his athletic deficiencies.

What I see with Dennard is:

-Short (5'10, maybe shorter)
-Stocky. He's listed at well over 200 lbs. Not a good weight at his height
-Stiff, extremely so. He's got the hips that you'd expect from someone so stocky and tightly wound. He really has trouble transitioning his breaks in his backpedal and trail technique. When the receiver gets away from him he doesn't flip his hips, but turns his body around with his back to the QB. He also falls down when he tries to break on the ball. His hips are just awful, and you can tell by looking at him and seeing the results of his movement on the field.
-Slow. Not awfully slow to the point where he can't cut it, but in combination with his lack of size and hips...it's not good. His speed is below-average by my estimates, but you really need to be a burner if you're gonna play at a high level with hips as bad as he has.

He's physical and has good cover skills so I can buy that he's a good player in college, but he'll get absolutely toasted in the NFL and there's no defense to mask his deficiencies. Like I said before, Captain Munnerlyn at least has long speed and return ability to make up for his small stature and robotic hips. Brandon Flowers is small and has average speed but he has excellent hips and burst so he's a great zone corner. Dennard brings nothing to the table in the NFL. I'm tempted to say UDFA but he's getting so much hype that I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, somewhat.

I'm not a Minnifield fan btw. The only corner I love so far is Stephon Gilmore. I like Xavier Rhodes as well but he's slow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Matt Kalil, OT Southern Cal
Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford (RT, IMO)
Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
Mike Adams, OT Ohio State
Bobbie Massie, OT Ole Miss (RT, IMO)
Levy Adc0ck, OT Oklahoma St.
Tanner Hawkinson, OT Kansas
Ricky Wagner, OT Wisconsin
Nate Potter, OT Boise St.

Cornerbacks:

Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech
Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina
Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
Cliff Harris, Oregon
Chase Minniefield, Virginia
Morris Claiborne, Louisana St.
Casey Hawyard, Vanderbilt
Desmond Trufant, Washington
Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama (former Gator)

Who do you like and why? I'll hang up and listen