Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Draft

I think it's time for us to start discussing players and positions that may be looked at in April

as of right now I would rate our top needs as such:

1. OLB - we've got nothing opposite of Clay Matthews
2. DE - Mike Neal has proven he can't stay healthy more than anything else and we need to cover ourselves if he continues that trend
3. S - we won't know the long term status of Nick Collins and Peprah isn't a long term solution back there
4. CB - this position is a tough one to figure out...Charles Woodson continues to play at a high level and Williams is a solid starter but Sam Shields hasn't been the player he was last year, Pat Lee/Jarrett Bush aven't changed, and Davon House is an unknown as a rookie

looks like we should be addressing the defense lots this year!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott came out with a new mock today and with the 32nd pick he gave the Packers Courtney Upshaw

I think that would be a wonderful selection

Old 10-25-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now my top 10 needs are:

1) DE

I thought we could get by with a rotation at RDE this year but that was with Mike Neal. Without him its clearly been a weak spot for us. Pickett will also be 33 years old and he hasn't been the same player this year.

2) OLB

Zombo is descent but hasn't been able to stay on the field. Walden is not starting material nor is Brad Jones.

3) S

Even if Nick Collins does return we've suffered season ending injuries to 1 of our starting safeties the past 2 seasons. Woodson is capable but we could develop someone for the long term.

4) QB

Matt Flynn will be a free agent and Grahm Harrell isn't anything special. Grab up another developmental prospect.

5) CB

I actually think Shields has been playing much better as of late, however Tramon has not and while Woodson has been solid he's clearly showing his age. I like Davon House but this could be the end for Pat Lee. Get some more bodies and let them compete.

6) OG

We have a bunch of tackles in Bulaga, Sherrod, and Newhouse but little depth at guard. Is T.J. Lang the future? Woudn't hurt to get a true guard in there for at the very least depth purposes.

7) ILB

D.J. Smith has made some big hits this year, although be it on special teams. With the 3-4 we need to keep a slew of LBs and we're thin at the position IMO.

8) OC

Scott Wells is a free agent and while its likely he'll return, he'll be 31 this year and while he likely has a few more solid years it wouldn't hurt to develop a successor.

9) RB

Will Ryan Grant be back? Now with Alex Green done for the season we can't really get a sense of how he'll fair in the NFL. Still though we're leaning on a tandum RB system so the more the better.

10) TE

Finley will be a free agent, Crabtree is a role player, and Quarless/Williams haven't exactally stood out. Ryan Taylor has been a good special teamer and could be worth developing. Getting more of an all around TE might be a good option too seeing we're carrying so many pass catchers.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

some guys i like at each position of need

DE :: Cam Johnson, Kendall Reyes

OLB :: Courtney Upshaw, Vinny Curry, Chase Thomas (Jr.)

CB :: Chase Minnifield, Casey Hayward

S :: Harrison Smith

Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
As of now my top 10 needs are:
1) DE
2) OLB
3) S
4) QB
5) CB
6) OG
7) ILB
8) OC
9) RB
10) TE
I agree with most here that our top few needs are DE, OLB, S and CB.

DE and OLB are critical issues I think. Jenkins left and we can't seem to replicate the production or even half the production he had. OLB has been a issue for the last couple seasons. Without even the threat of a decent pass rush opposite Clay the Offense can just focus on blocking him. Though hopefully S and CB are just depth issues that can be solved in the middle rounds.

On the other hand I don't think QB should be addressed until the late rounds at earliest. Yes we need a capable back up in the (god forbid) event Rodgers goes down but I think we have needs to address first.

One thing I have been thinking about was if a premiere HB falls to us I think its a no brainer. I was thinking how I would love to see someone like Marcus Lattimore lining up in the backfield. Not that he can come out until 2013 but still.

Although we all know TT is going to do as he sees fit and I think we have little to complain about with how he has built this team. Yes he has had some big flops but all in all we won a Championship with him at the helm.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 10-26-2011 at 11:40 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

drafting a running back high wouuld be a complete waste given our current roster, the system we run, and really the overall value of drafting a running back high

James Starks is a a budding stud at the position and as the team continues to feed him the ball, he'll only get better

We really don't run the ball much to begin with, really only to keep the defense honest or run down the clock, so why would we spend a first rounder at the position when we have huge needs elsewhere

The attraction of drafting a running back early has gone down and you can look at the Packers roster to prove why...Starks and Grant were no higher than 6th round picks and look at the production they've been able to provide in this league and other teams know and recognize the position's worth in terms of where picks should be invested on it

Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it is and I love Starks. I hope he continues to develop into a great RB for our system.

I guess I just have a man crush on Lattimore.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree with PF28. Starks is emerging as a more than capable starter for us and in our system we don't really need a feature RB.

I'd rather have 2-3 "James Starks" than rely on 1 guy to shoulder the load. If that one guy went down then you're stuck trying to find a replacement. What if Adrian Peterson went down? At least with us we have 2 guys who while not nearly as dominant, they're capable.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Needs

1) DE
2) OLB
3) ILB
4) S
5) CB
6) OG
7) NT

Should be a defensive draft!! Courtney Upshaw is one im looking at but if he keeps up the way hes playing he will be going higher than #32
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy that intrigues me is Bruce Irvin from WVU. Since Clay Matthews has came on the scene I try watching for guys with similar skills sets as him. From what I have seen from Irvin is he has an incredible motor, amazing bend around the corner (one of CM3 best attributes), and great speed. Problem is he is kind of light and not good against the run, but I feel weight could be added to his frame and he could be coached up to be better against the run.

Other than OLB I haven't really looked into many players in this coming draft. But I think defense needs to be a focus in this draft.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

1) OLB - we have nothing outside of Clay Matthews

2) CB - Charles Woodson will be older than old and although he's playing relatively well - he's more and more playing as a third safety rather than a cover guy when we go to the nickel D.

3) DE - I still like Mike Neal but depth is essential.

4) OC - Scott Wells will be re-signed, but he's gonna be the wrong side of 30 and the experiements with Evan Dietrich-Smith and Nick McDonald have not brought any quality depth.

5) S - This could be higher need depending on the health of Nick Collins...Charlie Peprah's got a lot of flack this year some of it warranted - a lot of it not, but an upgrade could still be used.

6) QB - I trust McCarthy to find the right guy here - it's his forte - but Matt Flynn could be this year's Kevin Kolb.
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coombser View Post
1) OLB - we have nothing outside of Clay Matthews

2) CB - Charles Woodson will be older than old and although he's playing relatively well - he's more and more playing as a third safety rather than a cover guy when we go to the nickel D.

3) DE - I still like Mike Neal but depth is essential.

4) OC - Scott Wells will be re-signed, but he's gonna be the wrong side of 30 and the experiements with Evan Dietrich-Smith and Nick McDonald have not brought any quality depth.

5) S - This could be higher need depending on the health of Nick Collins...Charlie Peprah's got a lot of flack this year some of it warranted - a lot of it not, but an upgrade could still be used.

6) QB - I trust McCarthy to find the right guy here - it's his forte - but Matt Flynn could be this year's Kevin Kolb.
From who?? He's been what we expected and actually has surpassed my expectations from where he was at last year when called into action.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
From who?? He's been what we expected and actually has surpassed my expectations from where he was at last year when called into action.
Reading various press I feel he's the scapegoat for the secondary's struggle - not a view I share.
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id like to see DE addressed. We just aren't getting much passrush from the line. Not to mention Pickett is getting up there in age.
I also think CB is a need. Teams are always going to be throwing on us since we're usually ahead, and we desperately need some deeper depth. I can't believe there are times we still rely on Jarrett Bush out there.
And of course safety, depending on Nick Collins health, though I agree with you guys....Peprah isn't that bad.

OLB was not as big of a need in my eyes as others, but it still could be upgraded. Now with Walden getting in trouble, it definitely needs to be looked at.

Id go
1-DE
2-CB
3-OLB
4-S
5-QB

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it has been awhile, just been enjoying this Packers season, but I have come up with a little mock draft.

1) OLB, Melvin Ingram, USC

6'2" 272lbs - The guy is a beast, and if he could lose 10-15 pounds he would be more agile. The guy played all over the place for USC, including standing up and rushing.

2a) From Cleveland or Seattle for Matt Flynn ( I am probably being too optimistic here)

Johnthan Banks, Miss St., CB (Junior)
Tall, fast, willing tackler

2b) DE/NT, Mike Martin, Michigan

I really would like to see the DL become a strength again. Martin played NT last season in a 3-4.

3) QB, Kirk Cousins, MSU

I took a QB here, because when we trade Flynn we only have Graham Harrell, and personally Harrell is no Flynn, so I would like to have a decent rookie to develop behind Arod.

4) Kevin Zeitler, OG, WI

Mauler, beast, probably not here, but I figure I would put an OL in here as I think we still need one more for depth. I honestly wouldn't mind if we took Brewster at center in the 1st round (that would only happen if we didnt resign Scott Wells).

5) Chris Gallipo, ILB, USC

I think as a 3-4 team you should always be drafting LBs, it looks like we did okay with DJ Smith, but a late round guy never hurts.

6) A safety

7) A TE or OLB that is a special teams demon.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 12-07-2011 at 02:40 AM.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrell elevated to active roster this week to take the spot vacated by the Quarless injury. McCarthy said he wanted to take 3 QBs into playoffs. Perhaps they assume Flynn is gone (most likely true) and want to get a good look at Harrell to see if they need to address backup QB in the offseason.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Harrell elevated to active roster this week to take the spot vacated by the Quarless injury. McCarthy said he wanted to take 3 QBs into playoffs. Perhaps they assume Flynn is gone (most likely true) and want to get a good look at Harrell to see if they need to address backup QB in the offseason.
Definitely had to take a double take here...

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I have been thinking about this a while but how do people feel about drafting montee ball in the second round. I love James Starks however the way he runs he takes a pounding, Ryan Grant is a shadow of his former self after the injury and Greene may not ever be as explosive after his injury. I know Ball had excellent blocking at wisconsin, but if you watch how he runs, he doesnt hold the ball way out there like some backs, and hes a hard nose one cut and north south type runner. The type of back the zone blocking scheme is made for. He also can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can also pass block as he did that a ton last year before he became the feature back. THis isnt just a homer pick, watch the guy run, he doesnt do one thing spectacular but doest everything just right with perfect technique and balance.
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Why spend a high pick on a running back??? We don't run the football! James Starks is young and a very capable back in our offense...Green did suffer his injury and he projects to be a 3rd down back if he can regain full strength...we have no pass rush opposite of Clay, generate no pressure with our down linemen (need a DE), could use depth at safety, and Lang is easily replaceable at LG...let's focus on those positions before RB

Old 12-08-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Why spend a high pick on a running back??? We don't run the football! James Starks is young and a very capable back in our offense...Green did suffer his injury and he projects to be a 3rd down back if he can regain full strength...we have no pass rush opposite of Clay, generate no pressure with our down linemen (need a DE), could use depth at safety, and Lang is easily replaceable at LG...let's focus on those positions before RB
Yeah, I love Montee and I think despite people's reservations about UW running backs he is going to be productive in the NFL, but other needs are too great. If he for some reason can be gotten later I'd love to see him in Green and Gold but I don't think it is in the cards. They like what they saw from Green before injury and it sounds like they are encouraged by what Saine is showing. McCarthy just doesn't run the ball enough to invest an early pick in a RB. He wants the running game to be effective enough to force defenses to react to play action, that is about it.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB is not a concern at all for me. It's such a minor aspect of our offense, which oh BTW is the best offense in the NFL. Plus Starks is pretty damn good when healthy, Saine has potential, and we drafted Green in round 3. Other than taking a late round pick, or we see crazy value drop into our laps (ala Cobb), I don't see us looking that way.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would draft 3 OLBers, 2 DL, and whatever else the other 4 or 5 picks, fine by me.
And remember there will be 1-3 undrafted free agents that have a chance.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I would draft 3 OLBers, 2 DL, and whatever else the other 4 or 5 picks, fine by me.
And remember there will be 1-3 undrafted free agents that have a chance.
I think we need one DL, don't really care if it is early round guy or late round guy. The big if is Mike Neal. If he stays healthy the rest of this season, I think we will see another 7th round DE. Remember we will have Lawrence Guy as well coming off his "concussions"; I personally just think this was a "redshirt" year for him as he needs to learn the plays. Also, CJ Wilson will be in Year 3, and I still think he has a ton of ability.

As for OLB - We need to find the guy that can also command a double team. So'oto will have a full off season to develop, but you cannot rely on him to be a player. Walden is okay, although he does have a lot of QB pressures this year, so maybe another off season with the Packers he can turn it up. At the start of the season Desmond Bishop said he looked Jacked, so maybe he will continue his off season program and be in even better shape.

I really think we should draft 3 DB's: 2 corners and 1 safety. I think this is dependent on what happens with Nick Collins. If he is healthy and 100% cleared to play, then I think we will draft a safety in the middle rounds. If he is not, we could end up drafting one in the first 2 rounds. I think we do need to draft more CB's, Jarrett Bush is just a special teams demon, but not a legitimate corner in the NFL. I personally don't think House is going to amount to anything; you can usually tell, in the rookie year, the guys that have potential to be players, and I have not heard or seen anything that would tell me that House is going to do anything in the NFL. Lee is another guy similar to House, fast, but has never shown the ability to be a legit NFL corner.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I think we need one DL, don't really care if it is early round guy or late round guy. The big if is Mike Neal. If he stays healthy the rest of this season, I think we will see another 7th round DE. Remember we will have Lawrence Guy as well coming off his "concussions".
Mike Neal seems to suck. Guy, I agree, has some potential.

MY MOCK

1. Green Bay - Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall

2. Green Bay - Billy Winn, DE, Boise State

3. Green Bay - Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

4. Green Bay – Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky

4. GB – comp* – Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pitt

4. GB – comp* – Shayne Skov, OLB, Stanford

5. Green Bay – Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin

6. Green Bay – J.B. Shugarts, OT, Ohio State

7. Green Bay –Trevor Robinson, OG, Notre Dame
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the first 3 picks! Crick would be a steal in the 3rd round but dont know i he would fall that far. Dont see us taking 3 OLBs either.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote