Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 10: Giants at 49ers

Week 10:
Sunday, November 13, 2011

New York Giants (6-2)
at
San Francisco 49ers (7-1)

Time: 1:15 pm pst

Big game. Biggest game of the year so far. The winner will hold the current #2 seed with a tie-breaker in hand. Huge.

We've had some epic games with these guys.

This:

And this:

And this:

Can't believe I just posted that.

I have a feeling we're going to get a big game out of this guy.

But they're going to need to move the chains with lots of this

and this:

We're going to need lots of points because, damn, the Giants' passing game scares me. A little less if there's none of this:

Game-time decision.

I'm not buying the Eli is elite stuff yet. I think he's very good, just not elite. I'd rate him a 8.5 or 9

I'd rate his wife the same.:

Not bad.

There will be none of this:

Not that it mattered, since, you know ... we're rocking the No. 1 rush defense.

**** Yea! Let's get this game on.

Standings: It's the battle of two first-place teams!

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (7-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (2-6)
2. Arizona Cardinals (2-6)
4. St. Louis Rams (1-7)

NFC East
1. New York Giants (6-2)
2. Dallas Cowboys (4-4)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (3-5)
3. Washington Redskins (3-5)

Special Note:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants have the most sacks in the NFL this season. Hopefully our line is prepared for that. They definitely won't run on us. They haven't been able to run the ball all season long effectively and it won't happen against the number one ranked run defense. I am worried about the passing game though. Especially if we don't get pressure. Eli can light up a secondary if he gets time.

If we run the ball effectively and don't kill ourselves with penalties and turnovers, we should win this game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-12-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn look at all the pictures..Our running game is not working. It had issues last year and got worse this year. At least Baas and Andrews will come back. So that's huge for us. If we were going to run it, then that will be the time.

I really don't worry about rankings like that. I remember playing the Ravens and they were ranked very well against the run and we lit them up. That was when we had a god like running game. Now we are at the opposite end of the spectrum now. So I am consistent, I don't care if you are 1 or 32, lol, we still probably won't run the ball well. But I have watched football long enough to know sometimes unexplainable stuff happens. So I will take a wait and see approach.

The key is stop Gore and make Smith beat you. Attack him with ALL our DEs, and see what shakes out.

I don't see this battle of 2nd seed. Say if we win, I think the odds are with our schedule, you can still be the 2nd seed. So I wouldn't call it a battle of second seed. Still way too many games yet against elite teams for us.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge game for our pass d to see how it is grading out and if our pass protection is coming along as needed.

I almost want to see a game where Roman has to change the playcalling and air it out just to see if Alex and the Stonehands can make things happen.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is stone hands?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Who is stone hands?
My guess would be Davis.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Who is stone hands?
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/11...ith-and-drops/

Pretty much all the receivers. We're sixth in the league in drops and everyone not named Braylon Edwards has had a hand(pun intended) in making us prolific in that area.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again another great game day thread borat!

I'm really looking forward to this game. It will be a first real test for our offense and defense to see if we can step it up and air it out and stop the run.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The giants d is going to **** the bed this week, we were aggressive last week and have the talent to be able to shut down the 9ers "on talent alone" which seems to always lead to us running a super vanilla D that sits back in nickel and waits for a chacne to make a play.

This game will come down to whether we're down by too much for Eli to lead us back from or not. So I do still think the giants can pull out the win here, but we'll be ugly-bad for most of the first half.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Stonehands is our assorted group of pass droppers. A couple less drops each Sunday would make a huge difference in our PPG and start opening things up for our running game. Gore and Hunter would be even scarier if the passing game started clicking.

Just hoping it starts happening soon and perhaps the pressure of playing against a team that likes to throw the ball deep like the Giants spurs our guys to get it going.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I remember in this game when it was 38-14 Giants and Strahan was pointing to the scoreboard against T.O. Love him or hate him, I would have loved to see T.O. do the same to him after the Niners took the late lead but sadly, Owens didnt. :(

By the way, it was in this game when some guy is on his knees in front of Strahan on the sideline during the botched FG. It looked like that guy was giving Strahan a blowjob. It was funny as the botched FG. LOL. :)
Old 11-12-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never knew you did this Borat. Great stuff and so excited for the game tomorrow. Do you guys mind if I post in here with you all tomorrow?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I never knew you did this Borat. Great stuff and so excited for the game tomorrow. Do you guys mind if I post in here with you all tomorrow?
Of course you're welcome to hang in here tomorrow. Everyone is welcome to post.

I'll admit, this gameday thread wasn't my best effort. Had a crazy busy week and put this one together kind of quickly. I liked the Cowboys, Lions and Redskins gameday threads better.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course you're welcome to hang in here tomorrow. Everyone is welcome to post.

I'll admit, this gameday thread wasn't my best effort. Had a crazy busy week and put this one together kind of quickly. I liked the Cowboys, Lions and Redskins gameday threads better.
I might steal the idea and try something like this for the Giants. Anyway I should have been out there because some friends of mine are there but me. I'll post here tomorrow but won't be a douche.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I might steal the idea and try something like this for the Giants.
Go for it. It's not like I came up with the idea originally.

Feel free to post here tomorrow. It will be tough for you to be a douche when your team is getting whooped ;)

Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it sad that, after a decade of garbage play, I've convinced myself that we're going to lose each week?

also, for borat's and my sake:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-13-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
is it sad that, after a decade of garbage play, I've convinced myself that we're going to lose each week?

Beautiful.

I'm just gonna quote it so it shows up twice.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What's funny is 49ers.com wants 49er fans on twitter to use the #beatthegiants hashtag. They really should have stuck a ny in front of giants because I can't bring myself to use that hashtag.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 11-13-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

For my sake too! :)

WWBBD - That is an #epicfail on the hashtag form the peeps at 49ers.com. I don't blame you for not feeling it.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-13-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Giants winning the world series, the Mavs winning the championship, and the Niners' current success, this has been a nice couple months for my sports teams.

Now if only the Niners can sustain that success...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the Giants winning the world series, the Mavs winning the championship, and the Niners' current success, this has been a nice couple months for my sports teams.

Now if only the Niners can sustain that success...
This is pretty crazy. I am a Mavs and Giants fan as well and I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 more hours until game time.Can't wait , so gonna be a great game to watch. I just hope SF can pull out a win !
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lot of blue (#NYGiants) jerseys in crowd as Candlestick Park fills in for 49ers-Giants game. Could this be as bipartisan as Cowboys-49ers?
ugh /shudders
Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Yeah, our fanbase will sell tickets very easily. Sucks.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Freaking Falcons game is in OT .Dam Fox!!!!!!