Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-10-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 12/11/11 - Mock Draft 3.0

The third mock draft of the year has been posted!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 12-10-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pulled an all-nighter to knock this one out so I am going to grab a nap.

I will check in this evening to answer questions in this thread though.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I pulled an all-nighter to knock this one out so I am going to grab a nap.

I will check in this evening to answer questions in this thread though.
Cleveland picks are very understandable, especially Richardson at #6 but don't you think the Browns should take a guy like Tannehill with their 2nd pick, because he could potentially have a season under his belt ala Dalton. My understanding is that by bringing in both Richardson & Floyd there will be no excuses for McCoy next season.

Melvin Ingram- Not so much disputing anything on him but will he be projected as an OLB or that is just your assessment on him?

San Fran pick is very logical thinking on your behalf with Wright. I believe he would be very valuable in that spot due to the fact if they keep Ginn or not.

Still no "Miller Time" in the 1st, is he really that hard to project a 1st Round slot for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Cleveland picks are very understandable, especially Richardson at #6 but don't you think the Browns should take a guy like Tannehill with their 2nd pick, because he could potentially have a season under his belt ala Dalton. My understanding is that by bringing in both Richardson & Floyd there will be no excuses for McCoy next season.

Melvin Ingram- Not so much disputing anything on him but will he be projected as an OLB or that is just your assessment on him?

San Fran pick is very logical thinking on your behalf with Wright. I believe he would be very valuable in that spot due to the fact if they keep Ginn or not.

Still no "Miller Time" in the 1st, is he really that hard to project a 1st Round slot for?
Ingram can play in whatever scheme you want him too.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Honestly, I am not sold that outside linebacker is going to be Ingram's best fit. That will have to be settled in the next few months when we get a chance to see him run through linebacker drills, etc. If I had to bet I'd say Ingram ends up as a defensive end in an even front, but linebacker is a real possibility. As I've said in the past, Ingram reminds me of Robert Ayers.

Quote:
I think Miami (FL) RB Lamar Miller is more of a second or third rounder right now.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:44 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scott what are your thoughts on the McCoy/Browns scenario, because I feel as though this is big.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-10-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect Ravens pick, and your explanation of other possible needs was spot-on as well.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You dont think Alshon Jeffery would be a better pick for Chicago?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mehhhh, not that NT isn't an issue for the Chiefs, because it is, but mehhh on Poe.

I'm not a big Reiff fan but would prefer him to Poe for sure.

This year the Chiefs could literally go in any direction though.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott I really dislike this draft for the Patriots. For as terrible as the Patriots defense is DT and CB are really the only 2 spots where there is a good amount of talent. The Pats have McCourty, Arrington, and Dowling at corner, and while Dowling is hurt and McCourty has sucked this year, I think they'll be content to go into next year with that group. The only corner I could see going to the Pats in that range is Jenkins because of his talent level and the Urban Meyer-BB connection. Dennard isn't a good enough prospect to take with the talent the Pats have there now.

I like Thompson, but he really isn't what the Pats need. They need a pass rush sub to take the place of Mike Wright and Jarvis Green. Kyle Love and Vince Wilfork are the 2 best players on the Pats defense this year, so an upgrade is hardly a need. I'll take those 2, Deaderick, Brace, Warren, and Pryor next year as a rotation, so we can address other needs. The Pats need to go with the top back 7 talent they can get.

With the board shaking out that way I'd go Te'o and Upshaw and not look back.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Scott I really dislike this draft for the Patriots. For as terrible as the Patriots defense is DT and CB are really the only 2 spots where there is a good amount of talent. The Pats have McCourty, Arrington, and Dowling at corner, and while Dowling is hurt and McCourty has sucked this year, I think they'll be content to go into next year with that group. The only corner I could see going to the Pats in that range is Jenkins because of his talent level and the Urban Meyer-BB connection. Dennard isn't a good enough prospect to take with the talent the Pats have there now.
I complete agree with this.

Quote:
I like Thompson, but he really isn't what the Pats need. They need a pass rush sub to take the place of Mike Wright and Jarvis Green. Kyle Love and Vince Wilfork are the 2 best players on the Pats defense this year, so an upgrade is hardly a need. I'll take those 2, Deaderick, Brace, Warren, and Pryor next year as a rotation, so we can address other needs. The Pats need to go with the top back 7 talent they can get.

With the board shaking out that way I'd go Te'o and Upshaw and not look back.
I strongly disagree with this. I don't like Thompson at all. He has no pass rushing ability what so ever, so how would he be a penetrating 3-tech in sub packages? And why would we draft a third round talent in the first round? I'd go Kendall Wright with this pick the way the board is shaping up. Wright has a skill set that fits the NE offense and will infuse some youth into an aging group of receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

I strongly disagree with this. I don't like Thompson at all. He has no pass rushing ability what so ever, so how would he be a penetrating 3-tech in sub packages? And why would we draft a third round talent in the first round? I'd go Kendall Wright with this pick the way the board is shaping up. Wright has a skill set that fits the NE offense and will infuse some youth into an aging group of receivers.
That was essentially my analysis. I was saying he couldn't do those things which is why we wouldn't take him. He's a rich man's Brandon Deaderick.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was essentially my analysis. I was saying he couldn't do those things which is why we wouldn't take him. He's a rich man's Brandon Deaderick.
You wrote that we need a sub package 3-tech iirc, and that's what I disagree with. I probably didn't phrase it they way I meant it. I'd say that Thompson and Deaderick will probably end up being similar players. I'm really down on Thompson, I think he's grossly overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
You wrote that we need a sub package 3-tech iirc, and that's what I disagree with. I probably didn't phrase it they way I meant it. I'd say that Thompson and Deaderick will probably end up being similar players. I'm really down on Thompson, I think he's grossly overrated.
I don't see how you could say that we don't need a sub-package 3-tech type. This year we've had no pass rush from the inside. Vince Wilfork and Kyle Love each have 2 sacks, and neither of them really collapses the pocket enough to disrupt passing plays. Even with a switch back to a 3-4 they'll still run a lot of 4 man lines.

In the past we've had smaller guys like Wright, Green, Warren, and Pleasant who've been relied on to work the inside and get pressure. This year there is nobody who can do that. I'd rather get somebody who can get pressure like Crick in the late 2nd than another sand in the pants type prototype 5-tech. There is a glaring need for an interior pass rusher on this roster, and I'd consider that a bigger need than another lineman for the base 3-4 front.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just had a forty minute discussion with some linguist friends about whether this "and" should be an "or" since this Philadelphia has never selected both an offensive lineman and a defensive lineman in the first round of the same draft.

Quote:
Throughout the years this Philadelphia regime has also shown an inclination toward selecting offensive and defensive lineman in the first round
I'm not going to share any of it with you.

Anyway, nice work Scott.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the reasoning for the Cowboys pick, but CB and Interior Oline are MUCH bigger needs for us right now. Another rush backer would be nice, but with Decastro, Cordy Glenn, Janoris Jenkins and Dennard still on the board, I'll likely punt a small innocent creature if we didn't take one of them.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I understand the reasoning for the Cowboys pick, but CB and Interior Oline are MUCH bigger needs for us right now. Another rush backer would be nice, but with Decastro, Cordy Glenn, Janoris Jenkins and Dennard still on the board, I'll likely punt a small innocent creature if we didn't take one of them.
I completely agree that cornerback is the Cowboys most pressing need, but as of right now they are in no-man's land for that position in the middle of round one. There is a big gap after Claiborne and Kirkpatrick. In fact, there is a strong chance that neither Jenkins or Dennard will even be selected in the first round, let alone the top twenty.

As for an interior offensive lineman, I think DeCastro would make sense for the Cowboys. However, does anyone really think Jerry Jones will take a blocker with his top pick two years in a row after not doing it for like two decades? I doubt it.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I completely agree that cornerback is the Cowboys most pressing need, but as of right now they are in no-man's land for that position in the middle of round one. There is a big gap after Claiborne and Kirkpatrick. In fact, there is a strong chance that neither Jenkins or Dennard will even be selected in the first round, let alone the top twenty.

As for an interior offensive lineman, I think DeCastro would make sense for the Cowboys. However, does anyone really think Jerry Jones will take a blocker with his top pick two years in a row after not doing it for like two decades? I doubt it.
After watching this season can Jerry really afford to ignore the interior line? If DeCastro falls all the way to Dallas they cannot afford to pass. Besides it's well documented that the 'Boys war-room is run by consensus not solely by Jones; so the lack of interior line picks falls on the shoulders of the previous scouting teams, coaching staffs, as well as Jerry.

Don't get me wrong I can perfectly understand bringing in someone like Ingram I just see a lot more solid pass rushers in this draft than depth on the interior line. :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't argue with the picks based on who's available, but man, I want a quarterback.

And I would be shocked if the Browns end up picking so low. They have one winnable game left on the schedule.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not bad for the Ravens :)

On a side note, I was somewhat surprised that Mike Adams fell out of your round one. I like Zebrie and think he is well worth a late 1st but I consider Mike Adams to be one of the top OT prospects.

Just wondering what your thought process was :)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Not bad for the Ravens :)

On a side note, I was somewhat surprised that Mike Adams fell out of your round one. I like Zebrie and think he is well worth a late 1st but I consider Mike Adams to be one of the top OT prospects.

Just wondering what your thought process was :)
There are mixed opinions on Mike Adams. Nobody denys the talent is there, but he is just too inconsistent and a bit of an underachiever. I wouldn't be shocked if Adams is in the late first round mix when all is said and done, but he has a lot of work to do at all-star games and workouts in the coming months because he isn't that highly regarded by scouts right now.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are mixed opinions on Mike Adams. Nobody denys the talent is there, but he is just too inconsistent and a bit of an underachiever. I wouldn't be shocked if Adams is in the late first round mix when all is said and done, but he has a lot of work to do at all-star games and workouts in the coming months because he isn't that highly regarded by scouts right now.
Thanks Scott :) your not wrong. I've been projecting him higher based on my belief that he will impress in the off season but if your going on his stock now early second is about right.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taze at 6? Huh? Am I missing something?

Burfict might be my favorite prospect in this draft but his stock is descending pretty significantly. His play had a notably dropped off this year as he wasn't even honorable mention All-Pac 12. I know you recognized it as a reach but 6th pick in the 2nd round seems far more likely at this point.

Some other picks here that seemed off but I'll let everyone else yell at you about those. :P
Old 12-10-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Taze at 6? Huh? Am I missing something?

Burfict might be my favorite prospect in this draft but his stock is descending pretty significantly. His play had a notably dropped off this year as he wasn't even honorable mention All-Pac 12. I know you recognized it as a reach but 6th pick in the 2nd round seems far more likely at this point.

Some other picks here that seemed off but I'll let everyone else yell at you about those. :P
I will speak up on behalf of the Philly guys & myself. We are in dire need of a LB. Look at our roster & look at the value board and please tell me who do we select at #6, because no other position warrants any consideration for us that high. Scott is spot on for us especially that high, he wouldn't have gone wrong with Kuechly either, but I believe Burfict is spot on that high.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 12-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Believe me, I knew having Burfict in the Top 10 was going to be a controversial projection. I am sure we will talk about it extensively on the podcast on Tuesday, but here is a quick synopsis on my feelings.

Burfict is a potentially elite talent at the inside linebacker position. More talented than Rolando McClain (#8 overall in 2010) and probably the best since Patrick Willis. Is he immature? Yes. Does he need to be coached up and learn to control his emotions? Absolutely. However, as I've said all along I would rather have to pull the reins because a guy is too aggressive than the other way around. It's not like Burfict is necessarily a bad person, he just let's his emotions get out of control. Ndamukong Suh might be the dirtiest player in the league and I am pretty sure every team in the league would love to have him on their roster. The other factor is that at this point in the process I can't really speak to Burfict's character. I know what I've seen on film, but I haven't talked to him or anyone who has. If once Burfict has some interviews with teams and I start getting bad reports about his character then I will probably start factoring that into the equation more but at this point I have no reason to believe there are any issues serious enough to torpedo his grade.

As I mentioned in the analysis of the mock, I fully understand Burfict is a reach as sixth overall. However, I legitimately think he is a top ten talent who has a shot to go in the top dozen picks to fifteen picks or so. Also, what would be a better fit for the Eagles?