Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-22-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Barkley to Return to USC

just announced...

It's NC or bust this year...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOWWWWWW

Did not see that coming. I hope it works out for him. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing him next year in the NFL.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Number 1 pick in the 2013 draft.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did you do this, Matt? You could have been a Brown!

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Why did you do this, Matt? You could have been a Brown!
You answered your own question sir.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Wasn't accidental, sir.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Wasn't accidental, sir.
O rly, sir.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
yupyup
Rookie

yupyup hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This made my night.
yupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RGIII gonna get PAIDDDDD.

Top 10 pick for sure now.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Top 5 I reckon. Maybe even top 3 with a team trading up (and the Rams moving down).
Old 12-22-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Was there any ever doubt about this? He would of probably been the 2nd QB taken regardless.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Was there any ever doubt about this? He would of probably been the 2nd QB taken regardless.
I think you just contradicted yourself o_O
Old 12-22-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Rashaan Salaam
Rookie

Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rashaan Salaam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
You would prefer the 28 year old rookie and the noodle arm low ceiling Kellen Moore over high potential guys like Foles and Tannehill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Really questioning his knowledge right now.
Yep, and I stand by it.. Good QBs don't lose (Moore) and as far as Weeden, you have to like his skill set over Foles and Tannehill. Foles is Kyle Orton-type decent. Tannehill took a HUGE drop in my opinion this year because of how he performed in pressure situations during big games.

So, yep, I'll take Noodle-Arm Kellen Moore.. I'll put him in a system that suits his skill set. Straight West Coast offense. Classic West Coast too. I wouldn't have him in a Spread-type West Coast (Colt McCoy). At least I know he wouldn't crumble under pressure and wouldn't make dumb decisions with the football. Moore has OUTSTANDING football acumen & I.Q. and uses it in games... not chalkboard acumen & I.Q. like Gabbert & Ponder.

And honestly, the only thing knocking Weeden is his age as a rookie (although it shouldn't).
Rashaan Salaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next year has the potential to be both really good...and really weird.

This does hurt him a bit. I never really bought into Barkley as a top ten pick in this climate and I'm not sure I do next year either. He'll enter the year as the clear cut number one guy(assuming Griffin decides to come out), but he'll have to deal with guys who have better physical tools than him having potential breakout seasons and then doing what he didn't; strike while the irons hot.

Barkley's game is built on polish, not potential. Those guys have a tendency to be devalued as commodities the longer you have to look at them, with the rare exception of someone special like Luck. He is going to be murdered around here next year for his receivers and arm strength....and I don't think that those are totally unfair knocks. But ultimately, I can't see him dropping much lower than the 15-20 range. So if you thought he was a top five type pick this year, then yeah, he's taking a dive....but I'm really not sure how realistic that was in the first place. He would have been a fairly safe bet to go in the top ten overall, but it would have really come down to a coin flip and team to team thing between he and Griffin within those picks and it's not out of the question that he could have fallen a bit this year even.

Wilson and Bray are two guys I could see passing him assuming they have good years. Wilson is really under the radar as a prospect and is a lot more talented than people realize. The receivers he's throwing to right now are as good as a bunch as it gets in the country, but with the two biggest names from that group graduating, he'll have a real good chance to prove himself. Bray is probably the best pure thrower of the football in the past few draft classes. There's concerns about his weight, but his arm strength, mechanics, and overall feel for the pro-style passing game are top notch. He needs to have a big year and stay healthy, but out of all the guys available next year, I would bet on him having the best NFL career. He's a potential franchise quarterback...and I mean that in the top 10 quarterback/playoff contender year in year out kind of way, not the "he could start on most teams" definition we seem to go by these days.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Next year has the potential to be both really good...and really weird.

This does hurt him a bit. I never really bought into Barkley as a top ten pick in this climate and I'm not sure I do next year either. He'll enter the year as the clear cut number one guy(assuming Griffin decides to come out), but he'll have to deal with guys who have better physical tools than him having potential breakout seasons and then doing what he didn't; strike while the irons hot.

Barkley's game is built on polish, not potential. Those guys have a tendency to be devalued as commodities the longer you have to look at them, with the rare exception of someone special like Luck. He is going to be murdered around here next year for his receivers and arm strength....and I don't think that those are totally unfair knocks. But ultimately, I can't see him dropping much lower than the 15-20 range. So if you thought he was a top five type pick this year, then yeah, he's taking a dive....but I'm really not sure how realistic that was in the first place. He would have been a fairly safe bet to go in the top ten overall, but it would have really come down to a coin flip and team to team thing between he and Griffin within those picks and it's not out of the question that he could have fallen a bit this year even.

Wilson and Bray are two guys I could see passing him assuming they have good years. Wilson is really under the radar as a prospect and is a lot more talented than people realize. The receivers he's throwing to right now are as good as a bunch as it gets in the country, but with the two biggest names from that group graduating, he'll have a real good chance to prove himself. Bray is probably the best pure thrower of the football in the past few draft classes. There's concerns about his weight, but his arm strength, mechanics, and overall feel for the pro-style passing game are top notch. He needs to have a big year and stay healthy, but out of all the guys available next year, I would bet on him having the best NFL career. He's a potential franchise quarterback...and I mean that in the top 10 quarterback/playoff contender year in year out kind of way, not the "he could start on most teams" definition we seem to go by these days.
Duuuude...don't even get me started on this.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This blows. **** this season.
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs....56338/33993454

Here's the link. Wow.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't criticise Locker when he decided to stay, just hope it works out for him. Barkley has to be the clear favorite to go #1 next year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome for USC. Crappy for NFL teams looking for a QB.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I assume you think he's making a terrible decision like Locker did...
Old 12-22-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does their football schedule look like next year? How strong will oregon be?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
What does their football schedule look like next year? How strong will oregon be?
Looks soft to me and the Oregon game is in L.A., so the stage is set for a big year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Thinking about the Rams sitting at #3 (assuming the Vikes take Matt Kalil). They could be offered a bounty of picks from a team looking to trade up for RG3 in what is now a two QB draft.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Awesome for Robert Woods. first WR next year?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Awesome for Robert Woods. first WR next year?
That was going to happen regardless.