Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Claiborne, Brockers & Randle Leaving LSU

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...y-for-the-nfl/

^ is about Claiborne leaving, for Brockers it is widely speculated that he has already hired an agent and will be declaring.

IMO, Brockers would become the DT prospect out there to be drafted and could possibly go top 15. Claiborne is already going top 5 with how good he has been in being a shutdown corner in college.

What are you guys thoughts on both?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Brockers, didn't think he was going to come out. I would agree, he's probably #1 or #2 behind Still for me.

As for Claiborne, he's not as physical as Webster, not a play maker like Peterson, but a better cover corner than both. Should have a great pro bowl career.

Last edited by Mitchell : 01-12-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Claiborne, agree that he is not as athletic as P. Peterson, but is better technically, and has better anticipation/instincts. I have him as a top 5 value, and the best man to man corner in the draft bar none.

Brockers is a good player, but I would agree that he has work to do, not spectacular in the pass rush IMO, but really good reading and reacting against the run. Not a high production guy in terms of sacking the QB. I am a big time LSU fan, I think at this point he is a little over hyped (although I do understand it), and will be over drafted for someone with "work to do". I have him as a 1st/2nd round guy right now, but am probably in the minority with my grade. I think he was the third best dlineman on that team this year behind Mingo and Montgomery...
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't think Brockers would come out either since he has some work to do still. Easily the best D-lineman in the draft imo. I want him to be a Patriot so bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne is a stud would be shocked if he is still available after the top 5. What about Brockers though? Is he Top 20? 1st Round?

Last edited by Smash28Dash34 : 01-12-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers has a chance to go high. Real high. Especially for a team looking for a five technique in a 3-4. I still need to do some more work on him, but early on I like him a whole lot more than I like Still and perhaps more than I like Poe(and Fletcher Cox defiantly figures into that mix somewhere for me too). I could see him being the first defensive tackle off the board even, depending on how things break. Certainly wouldn't mind if he fell to the Patriots though, he's exactly the kind of guy we've been looking for.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-12-2012 at 01:01 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers is a monster. He was a top 10 pick if he came back next year. He still may go top 20 based on potential.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Brockers is a monster. He was a top 10 pick if he came back next year. He still may go top 20 based on potential.
I think he has a real shot at going top 10 this year if he works out well at the combine. Even top 5 isn't out of the question.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers is probably smart to come out this year with there being no top flight DT prospects this year and theoretically he could be that guy. I could see him go as high as #8 to the Panthers.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Brockers is probably smart to come out this year with there being no top flight DT prospects this year and theoretically he could be that guy. I could see him go as high as #8 to the Panthers.
Agreed Brockers is a stud I thought all year he was the best player on that defense.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Brockers. Badly

Pretty much any other pick will be a disaster.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I want Brockers. Badly

Carolina makes too much sense.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I want Brockers. Badly

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Carolina makes too much sense.
IMO Carolina is the ceiling with Brockers. Ill be interested to see him at the combine, and see if he is as strong as I think he is. Good thing for him that this years DT class is not top heavy.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne was pretty much the only player I really wanted in the top ten before but I'd be really happy to have Brockers as a Panther.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I was thinking there or Seattle at 12. Devon Still is a safer pick. But, if you're willing to gamble. You could pick Brockers. Redshirt soph scares the hell out of me. Some make it like Aldon Smith. Some bust like Aaron Maybin.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how weak the DT class is this year, Brockers has a chance to go top 15 and be the 1st DT off the board.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Sidney
Rookie

Sidney hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Claiborne is a great coverage talent but at 175-ish he's not gonna be physical at the line nor in tackling. I'm really leery of what he'll do matched up versus the physical WR's all over the NFL.
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
Claiborne is a great coverage talent but at 175-ish he's not gonna be physical at the line nor in tackling. I'm really leery of what he'll do matched up versus the physical WR's all over the NFL.
Where are you getting 175? I see him listed at 185 on multiple sites. At 6' he can probably add a few pounds, too.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Sidney
Rookie

Sidney hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Where are you getting 175? I see him listed at 185 on multiple sites. At 6' he can probably add a few pounds, too.
ESPN has 173, Yahoo has 177, CNNsi has 177.
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
ESPN has 173, Yahoo has 177, CNNsi has 177.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rris-claiborne

Are we looking at the same ESPN?

I do see that CNNSI and Yahoo have 177 and I think that would cause concern, but I have a feeling he'll be closer to the 185 I'm seeing other places. TV can be deceiving but he doesn't look that lanky.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't mind Brockers to AZ especially if a extension can't be worked out with Campbell and we have to franchise him

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers would look good as a 5-tech in San Diego. Just not at all sure that he's value at 18 & seriously doubt he'd fall to our 2nd.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Shepprad leaving as well?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Brockers comes out he'll be a Chief. We're contractually obligated to draft an LSU player once every two years, and a 5-tech from LSU once every three.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If Brockers comes out he'll be a Chief. We're contractually obligated to draft an LSU player once every two years, and a 5-tech from LSU once every three.
Hahaha.

The good thing is that Brockers is a beast.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote