Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default If Russell Wilson Was Taller?

I'm curious as to where you guys think Russell Wilson's draft stock would be if he was measured in the 6'2-6'4 area. Of course this is all hypothetical, but it is obviously the big knock on him. Being 5'11 definitely has it's disadvantages for a QB, but I've watched so much of this guy recently and there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot that he's not good at to me.

Size is a huge factor for QB's and a lot of teams are going to take him off their boards altogether, but somebody is going to take a chance on him in the mid-to-late rounds. However, I've been trying to watch as many games as I can on the QB's in this draft and when I came to Russell Wilson I was thoroughly impressed. To me, he has all of the tools to be successful except for the big, giant elephant in to room.

So, hypothetically speaking, ignoring size or imagining a world where he was taller. Where would you guys rank him among the QB's in this draft in comparison with ability and potential?
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd probably be going 1st round.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
papageorgio
Rookie

papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.papageorgio is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a top 10 pick. He is better than Tannehill that's for sure. I hope the Bills get him with one of their 4ths.
papageorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly he isn't taller. A lot of QBs would be better if they were taller or faster or had a better arm. Russell Wilson doesn't have the size to be an NFL QB.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post

Sadly he isn't taller. A lot of QBs would be better if they were taller or faster or had a better arm. Russell Wilson doesn't have the size to be an NFL QB.
That picture is awesome.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Quote:

Classic. Very classic
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Did I just see a silhouette of a tranny??

Yes I did.
OMFG.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Did I just see a silhouette of a tranny??

Yes I did.
OMFG.
That is her left foot.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
That is her left foot.
Well if that's what you want to call it then I guess I've stuck my left foot in a lot of women.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Wilson as a prospect. You can tell from his interviews he is a smart guy and that he cares about football. I haven't got a problem with his size, his arm is stong enough to overcome it, my only problem is that his only productive season was at Wisconsin. That is the best place a quarterback could ever play. Their offensive line is quality and he can rely on the run game.

I would of been nice to see him do it for another season, but unfortunatley he ran out of years in college.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great college QB, can carve out a niche as a solid backup QB/spot starter.

also +++ rep to the person who gave us that lovely skeelo diagram
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
my only problem is that his only productive season was at Wisconsin.
wat
Old 03-03-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
wat
After seeing several of this guy's posts that make absolutely no sense... I've come to the conclusion that he just doesn't even watch football.

And btw Batman.. I'm not talking about you, rather the guy that claimed Wilson's only productive season was at Wisconsin.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I really like Wilson as a prospect. You can tell from his interviews he is a smart guy and that he cares about football. I haven't got a problem with his size, his arm is stong enough to overcome it, my only problem is that his only productive season was at Wisconsin. That is the best place a quarterback could ever play. Their offensive line is quality and he can rely on the run game.

I would of been nice to see him do it for another season, but unfortunatley he ran out of years in college.
You obviously only looked at his one season at Wisconsin then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate threads like this, who cares about if this guy was taller blah blah blah
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I hate threads like this, who cares about if this guy was taller blah blah blah
Well, there's lots of guys who are successful in the NFL who are undersized. The biggest knock against him is his height, which is reasonable and it's going to keep him out of being one of the top 5 QB's selected in the draft.

I'm not making that argument. I'm just curious if I'm the only one who thinks his arm, accuracy, decision making, and athleticism are on par with what a team would look for in a potential starting QB. I'm sure being taller would help a lot of prospects draft-wise, but I'm not trying to make that argument. I'm just curious if other people think that he possesses the tools of a top QB prospect disregarding height.

Take Kellen Moore or Colt McCoy for instance. Both are undersized, but even if they were taller, I don't see them possessing the tools of a top QB prospect. I think Russell Wilson does however and I'm curious if other people feel the same way. Obviously nobody is going to touch him early, but he's extremely intriguing to me.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think an extra three inches in height would make a huge difference for Wilson and might put him in the 1st round discussion. I like him as well and he could be a steal late in the draft.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People already beat me to it, but I find the need to drive home how good Wilson was for 3 years at NC State.

Ultimately the hieght is the biggest knock on Wilson, but thats not gonna change. In the end I see him having a nice career as a reliable backup, and be in the league longer than some guys getting some first round hype.

Last edited by dmoneyrockin : 03-03-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Wilson was say 6'2 I'd think he may be a Andy Dalton type prospect. 2nd round value that could start from day 1. Doesn't offer elite upside, and can be a starter on a winning team.

But with Wilson being short we all know his stock will be much lower. I still think he gets drafted in the 4-6 range possibly, depending on how high the QB's ranked 3-6 go.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
If Wilson was say 6'2 I'd think he may be a Andy Dalton type prospect. 2nd round value that could start from day 1. Doesn't offer elite upside, and can be a starter on a winning team.

But with Wilson being short we all know his stock will be much lower. I still think he gets drafted in the 4-6 range possibly, depending on how high the QB's ranked 3-6 go.
If he had the height, I could really see the early 2nd just like Dalton. He is a good player and I think that he is going to make a team happy with him as the #2. I wouldn't hate if my team grabbed him in the 5th or 6th to develop as a long term back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping Green Bay drafts this guy at some point on day three.

No doubt overcoming his height would be a big accomplishment, but there's a couple things worth noting. Wilson played behind a very big offensive line at Wisconsin that is probably taller than most NFL lines. Wilson only had three passes batted down last year. For comparison Brock Osweiler (6'7") had 19.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if i had another couple of inches i could have been something too.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I'm really hoping Green Bay drafts this guy at some point on day three.

No doubt overcoming his height would be a big accomplishment, but there's a couple things worth noting. Wilson played behind a very big offensive line at Wisconsin that is probably taller than most NFL lines. Wilson only had three passes batted down last year. For comparison Brock Osweiler (6'7") had 19.
This... our O-Line is huge and he didnt seem to have any problems. The guy is good I wish he could have stayed at Wisc for longer. Best QB we have had for a long time.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had a horn I would be a ******* Rhino...
Old 03-03-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was a sagittarius i'd be hung like a horse...

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote